El Ksar Resort & Thalasso

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Hotel Karthago El Ksar.

Reviewed 29th August 2012

"We arrived early hours of 9th August after a long winded and exhausting journey from the airport [another story..............]. Without going into the details, which we have had to repeat constantly to Thomas Cook and the Travel Agents, please, please just do not go there. We have never ever complained about any accommodation that we have stayed in but this hotel is just too awful to describe. Best way is to perm all the reviews you see on the watchdog site. The problems with the hotel are repeated and absolutely true. Underestimated if anything. We returned to Tunisia this Summer because we had such a wonderful time at Les Orangers hotel in Hammamet during April last year. Although it rained and the sea and pool were too cold to go in it was a great holiday. Weather was rubbish but the hotel, staff and entertainment was so great that we did'nt notice!! So you see, we are not complainers. Couldnt get in at Les Orangers so booked again through Thomas Cook at one of their advertised [equally rated] hotels, which turned out to be the dreadful El Ksar......... Anyway, bottom line is, we lasted for 3 days of our precious 2 weeks pa holidays before we demanded to be moved to another hotel which was at least cleaner but no better in terms of food or entertainment. Incidentally, we were accompanied by several other escapees from El Ksar. One couple had lasted 7 hours total!! Thomas Cook, are you listening????"

• Travel date: 29th August 2012

stayed at el ksarr from 8th to 22nd april 2012................contracted salomella poisioning warning

Reviewed 21st May 2012

"after arriving at hotel and previously staying at another hotel in tunisia the year before, i was very disappointed. The room had very old furniture, beds very uncomfortable. food was barely warm and after 4/5 days ended up ill with diarrhoea, 3 weeks after returning and being very ill, have now confirmed salmonella poisoning. i had requested a change of hotel with thomas cook rep Marina, who was happy to oblige. But hotel were insisting on a leaving fee of £460, which was more than the cost i paid for one adult for the 2 weeks holiday. i came here as a single adult with my 15 year old daughter, food choice for her was limited & she lived off chips which were made on request & bread. as for me contracting salmonella poisoning all i can say is i would be extremely dissapointed if Thomas Cook continues using this hotel. i honestly dont think many people would be impressed on having to pay a fee to leave a hotel they found didnt meet the standards it should of and then to go on and contract salmonella poisoning after being forced to stay as a result of not being able to afford to pay the fee was a huge disappointment to what should of been a well earned 2 week holiday. i will be making a written complaint to Thomas Cook with medical confirmation of contracting salmonella and would advise any other tourists to be extremely careful if they stay at hotel el ksarr in the future. "

• Travel date: 14th May 2012

graham.worcester. 25 april/ 2 may

Reviewed 4th May 2012

"hotel as seen better days,corridor to our room dirty and stained,bedroom, one word grotty,no other room availble,no towels or soap for two days,and towels not changed for one week , good point had sea view,alcoholic drinks given in small measures,food very repetetive,and only luke warm,be late into the dinning hall,where you will find it dirty and tables not cleaned,but the weather was perfect,ok when you arrive be prepared to spend one to two hours on the transfer bus to the hotel,waiting for other uk flights to arrive,no A/I bands given out until 12pm,no room avaible till around 3pm I take no pleasure in this review as i wish it could have been a lot better,thomas cook rep had a long list of complaints from other guest, will not return to tunisia again."

• Travel date: 4th May 2012

Great holiday

Reviewed 29th April 2012

"Why is it that people go to the same hotel and have a totally different experience? I think it's because: you reap what you sow. People complain about tipping the waiters and other staff. Why?! These people work long hours for a tenth (or even less!) of the salary you take home every month. Give them 2 dinars and you will be treated like a princes (or prince if you prefer :-) We for instance were greated by our waiter in the restaurant at the door every night, he escorted us to our table with a big smile ( that was before tipping him BTW)and already had our bottle of wine on the table. The days we spent mostly at the pool and participated in some of the activities the Animation Team organises every day. The are the BEST! They make you feel welcome and are always friendly and helpful. Make sure you go to their comedy night. It's hilarious! The hotel is clean, although there was some renovation work going on, which resulted in a smell of paint from time to time, but in our room we didn't smell it. Staff at reception speaks good English and are also very helpful. When we told them we were cold the first night, they immediatly send extra blankets to our room. Also a complaint about a jammed door was fixed swiftly. Our return flight was late in the evening, so we asked to book the room for a couple of more hours, so we could shower before we left, but unfortunatly, this was not possible because the hotel was fully booked. They offered us to have a shower at the Spa which was a good alternative. All in all: A wonderful holiday in a great hotel with excellent staff! "

• Travel date: 29th April 2012

El ksar rubbish hotel

Reviewed 20th April 2012

"Very poor hotel. Rooms were not as good as seen on the internet. My room smelt of cigaretes for most of the week even though the hotel said that it was a non smoking hotel their was a ashtray in every room. My children would cough everytime they stepped into the room it was hard even to sleep with that smell. I had to change rooms because everytime you tried to have a nap all you would hear is construction work not very realxing. When the weather was bad thier was nothing to do every person I talked to said that they were bored. Food wasnt that brilliant. Won't be staying thier again 3/10 hotel."

• Travel date: 20th April 2012

enjoyed

Reviewed 10th April 2012

"staff ready to make your hols enjoyable we complained about our room being too small for 3 adults for 2wks so they moved us to a larger room,1 waiter a bit possessive with the glasses he said A/I's should have small ones,we made it our game to get a larger ones By the end of our first week my sister noticed her money didn't add up thinking she may have left some at home?by the end of our 2nd week the same with mine too,in the afternoon of the same day i went to check again to find another £100 had gone,long story short i caught the maid with my money ,it was swiftly dealt with, with police and security staff. Yes we will be going next year and getting a safety box lesson learnt"

• Travel date: 8th April 2012

Great pools and a lovely beach.......Fab weather

Reviewed 26th September 2011

"I went to the El Ksar in August for 1 week, with my boyfriend. On arrival the hotel has a castle appearance on the outside and the reception/lobby area is very grand and very clean. We arrived late morning and we had to wait a while for our room. A porter took our cases to the our room when it was ready. The room was clean, the bathroom was very spacious and it had air-con! The balcony over looked the quieter pool and the entertainment stage and we could also see the sea. In all honesty the hotel wasn't bad at all. However the food was not. I didn't enjoy any of the food except the freshly made pizza and sandwiches that are available in snack bar by the quiet pool. The fries were ok at the beach snack bar if you arrive when they have just been cooked.. otherwise they are cold and horrid. They also serve pizza and salad at the beach snack bar but everytime I went in there, there was lots of flies... The food in the main buffet restaurant wasn't good. There was not much I would eat. My boyfriend got a bad tummy on day 3 of the holiday and this continued for a week after we had come home! Not sure if this was down to the food or not. Drinks... well water was available out of water coolers all day.. but not always cool! Soft drinks could be obtained from the bars. The soft drinks served at the dragus (pool bar) were sometimes flat! Alcoholic drinks were difficult to get!!! The bar closest to the evening entertainment (dragut) only serves beer or wine and soft drinks. So if you wanted vodka etc you had to go into the hotel to the bar inside! Which was a pain if you were outside watching the entertainment. They only serve you in plastic cups too. Only glass if you are intending on sitting in the hotel or on the terrace. We ate in the al a carte restaurant on one evening (you are allowed to eat once in this restaurant and once in the Moonlight (beach restaurant, during your stay. I was my birthday whilst on holiday ad that is why we decided to eat there. My boyfriend made the arrangements.. The table was decorated in petals and looked fantastic and we were well looked after, they also brought me a b'day cake out! So that was really lovely. On the same day, the entertainemnt staff had organised a beach party night. I have to say this was the highlight of my holiday. I really enjoyed it. We ate at moonlight bar on the last night of our holiday and I actually really enjoyed the food there. The pools were very good and seemed to be clean and in the main pool there was always something going on.. The entertainment staff were quite good. Darts, beach volleyball. pool aerorobics etc... and the evening entertainment was ok too. Although some of it was a little annoying! The entertainment staff were friendly and a bit more friendly towards the female guests!!! The private beach at the hotel was beautifull.. I liked going to the beach as you could normally get beds and there was usually a little breeze off the sea. As when we went it was very hot! At the hotel there are 3 guys who go round selling trips to ride camels etc... We went on 2 of the trips. We haggled the price and did get good deals. The camel caravan was great, a bus ride to olive grove plantation where a trail of camels, horses and donkeys awaited us. We were fitted with a white cotton arab head dress.. which I found to be a god send as I was so hot! They then after fillting them came round and asked for the money! They didnt tell you this when they fitted them. You think its included in the trip price. They are not really expensive or anything its just the cheek of them asking for the money after, without first explaining. Still a great experience for £10 each! We rode camels and i rode a horse and my BF rode a donkey, which was very amusing! The other trip we did was on a 500cc beach buggy! fantastic! Loved every minute of it. Driving it on and off road, Really good fun, but be warned they do take you out on the open road, and they don't check you can drive etc.. I would say I enjoyed my holday at the El Ksar but would agree with previous reviews that this hotel is not a 4*, it is a 3* but it is an ok place and not a holiday from hell! "

• Travel date: 26th September 2011

great

Reviewed 17th October 2011

"I really enjoyed my time...I didnt think I would, because I didnt think of Tunisia to be a good place for a holiday. But I couldnt have been more wrong. IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! and I would definately go back."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2011

dont go!!

Reviewed 3rd November 2010

"okay, rude staff, filthy toilets, filthy pool, food awful, view from balcony green plastic corrugated sheet full of rubble, and dirty great cockroaches everywhere, even in our room every time we put the water on! told by rep "you are in africa you do get them", - shouldnt get them in a so called 4 star hotel matey! the worst holiday ive ever had, couldnt wait to get home, complaint gone to thomas cook."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2010

a wonderful holiday

Reviewed 14th September 2010

"Firstly what i dont understand is why there are so many negative reveiws about this place because it was lovely.. The place was always spotless and very impressive as far as surroundings were concerned..there were however not many english guests there but that was not really a problem for me as every foreign guest that i spoke to spoke good english..the staff were all very friendly and lovely and spoke good english..the rooms were cleaned every day without fail and they deserved every last dinar that we tipped them :)..entertainment was very good there was always something going on whether it was aqua gym or archery or the fakir show which was brilliant!. The only bad thing about Tunisia is the men, they can be a bit leary :/ i myself am only 16 but they dont care.The food was not very geared up for the British but i think that is a good thing because if i wanted fish and chips for dinner id go to my local chippy not go on holiday to tunisia, so try the food its an experience :)..in the restaurant we had the most lovely waitor named Salah and he made our stay very enjoyable..If you are looking for a quiet holiday make sure that they dont put you in the bungalows because there is a nightclub right next door..An all around lovely place :)"

• Travel date: 11th September 2010

Could have been better

Reviewed 19th July 2010

"Arrived at the hotel great big doors to pull case over,they never opened the doors for people to get in. Hotel very dark in places. Pools great be up early to get a bed. No need to go to main pool walk around to the right through the gardens and find another pool, with a great snack bar for during the day. Go to the left and another smaller pool, go a walk to the bungalows and you will find another big pool. Walk through the main pool area straight to the beach and another snack bar for the beach. Service quick at this time of year, beach is great, the security on the beach is great no one is allowed to come up to you and sell you any goods, they will try but are qickley moved on.No need to worry about beds on the beach, they qickley move the towels off the beds if no one is on them, so you can reserve all you want but they will move them if you are not using them, which is great and we went at all times of the day and still got a bed.Sea is great nice and warm and clean. Rooms are ok, the floors were not cleaned every day, we were sharing our room with our daughter so we had three beds in but still plenty of space to move around.problem with the towels having to keep asking for some towels as they would take your dirty towels away and come back at about 5 o'clock with clean towels and always just gave us 2. Reception do not speak english at all hard to get your point across, mabe they should put one of the waiters on there as they had good english. Food well what can I say there, they certainly do not cater for the British, breakfast was all right but lunch and dinner well if you like meat you cannot chew, and the salad well how can a salad be dry!!! their's was. I love eating new foods but this was tastless. Seems new management took over and have let the place down a bit this was told to us by the staff. Comments correct about the people from the EU hotel does cater for them and not Uk. If you are really stuck for a decent meal just walk out the hotel and turn left loads of places to eat and very cheap 3 main courses/2 sweets/2 coffees/3 soft drinks £22 and was really good. Do Not go on the Media tour its crap and very smelly and hot that was a waste of money, go your self you will get what you want. Always always look at the goods and think what you would pay in £'s and thats what you offer, donot feel presured and walk away if they still try to get you to buy and you will get it for the correct price. We spent most of the week on the beach and it was great and totaly relaxed. Hotel could improve on service and food. "

• Travel date: 15th July 2010

fab time

Reviewed 9th June 2010

"just back from this hotel. had a fantastic time the hotel staff were wonderful. maybe not a 4 star but everyone did there best. the animation team were great we had a 15yr old with us and she really enjoyed herself the team tried to include everyone in the activities sam was great. the food was very nice im a fussy eater but never went hungry enough choice for everyone. the maid who cleaned the rooms was very nice folding t shirts into fans and towels into swans.if you have sun beds always ask for a blue one much more comfortable the pools were great we had musi all day round our pool but there is another if u want peace and quiet. in all a great holiday had by all and will be going back"

• Travel date: 6th June 2010

Hotels near El Ksar Resort & Thalasso

Top traveller tips for El Ksar Resort & Thalasso

• by Scottish family

"Location great, food avearage, service ok"

• by Betsy E

"Smile and chit chat with the people."

• by uefa10

"Get out as quickly as possible!"

• by graham,worcester

"try to go after hotel has been refurbished"

• by BKS1966

"Great for couples and families - not women alone"

El Ksar Resort & Thalasso is also called

• Karthago El Ksar
  • karthago el ksar sousse
  • karthago el ksar hotel sousse