Good

great holiday

Good
Reviewed 28th August 2013

"Just spent a week at this hotel. Friendly staff rooms are dated but clean and looked after, how long do spend in a room any way. Animation team second to non working from 10 am till 11pm to keep everyone entertained. Well done Shoko, Beilal and Amin you are great at what you do. Food was great not labelled but don't eat with your eyes and you will be surprised. Yes its out of the way but the yellow taxis will take you where you want to go but agree the price before you move. "Ali Baba" is the one to talk to about Quad Biking etc, a great experience, you feel safe and well looked after by his team. The beach is wonderful and the sea??? well you judge!! Yes there are locals trying to sell you stuff but they are friendly and they know security is around so dont bother you much. Judge for yourself, dont read too much into the negative reviews."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2013

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"I booked this holiday and was very excited until I read the reviews. They were so horrible I wanted to cancel my holiday. However when we arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff in a grand foyer with beautiful marble staircases. We were shown to our fabulous sea view room (charged extra) The view was stunning. The room was huge with 2 larger than single beds, a bathroom and separate toilet. The overall cleanliness of the room was excellent. Sheets and towels changed every day. Yes there was some cracks on the toilet floor but hey what do you expect? The air conditioning was fab and kept us lovely and cool. We went down to lunch and were faced with loads of food choices. Excellently presented and well cooked. The only down side was that the food wasn't labelled so you didn't always know what you were choosing, but the fun was trying a bit of everything, the food was delicious. The salads were amazing and extremely fresh. The dessert section was full of different types of cakes, pastries etc and beautifully presented. I am a big lover of cheese but we didn't like the cheese in Tunisia (this is the only bad thing I have to say about the food). We were NOT aware of a swarm of flies around the food within the restaurant. We had one night at the al a carte restaurant (within the AI package) which was a lovely experience (all the wine you can drink). The staff were all lovely and friendly and a small tip goes a long way. They truly look after you when you tip. There is no need to tip every day. We tipped the pool guy the first day and he made sure we were kept the same 2 sunbeds throughout the holiday. We were invited by the restaurant manager to go fishing and they always wanted to include you and make sure you had an enjoyable holiday. The pool area was extremely clean and pool was large. The poolside toilets were more than adequate (considering they were pool side). The entertainment wasn't great but there was always something on. From sporting activities by the pool and at the beach daily and entertainment team doing their best at night. (some investment in the evening entertainment wouldn't go amiss). The mini fridge was restocked with water a few times a week. TV in room but we never put it on. Safe in room which is easy to use. The beach is so close and had adequate beds, you do have some Tunisian folk trying to sell you stuff and excursions but the sight of the hotel security guard always hurried them along. The AI package finishes at midnight and the drinks at the disco bar can be quite expensive (on par with British prices). Music at the disco was always good for a dance, although as we were there in Sept/Oct it wasn't very busy. The only reason I'm not giving this hotel the full 5 stars is that the evening entertainment could have been better. If I had read the previous reviews before I booked this hotel I probably wouldn't have booked it and I must say I would have missed out on a fabulous holiday. Looking at previous reviews I believe that sometimes people will never be satisfied regardless of where they are. Thanks for all the staff for making my cousin and I extremely welcome and looking after us. If I'm ever in Tunisia again I will most definitely book this hotel."

• Travel date: 10th October 2012

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed 19th January 2009

"My wife and myself stayed for 8 nights, rooms cleaned daily including fresh bathrobes, food was first class, staff were friendly and extremely helpful, cannot praise them highly enough, made us really feel at home, far better than we could have ever expected. The heating in the room became defective, fixed within 10 minutes of reporting it. Difficult to find any faults. Will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and plannimng to stay there again, although in slightly warmer weather than December, but did not see any rain which was a big bonus. "

• Travel date: 18th January 2009

Hotels near Amir Palace Hotel

Top traveller tips for Amir Palace Hotel

• by jules3200

"pay the extra for a sea view room, well worth it. A little tipping goes a long way."

• by Dave Lewis

"Trip to Sahara Desert well worth the time."

Amir Palace Hotel is also called

• Amir Palace Hotel
  • amir palace
  • amir palace hotel monastir