About Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous

• tennis court
  • kids club

BEWARE, not a 5* at all!

Reviewed Tue 19th of July 2016

"This is advertised as a 5* hotel, however you only get 5* if you pay extra per person on arrival. It's 45TND per person each day. So I upgraded. What I got for this upgrade was a set of robes, one day's tea service & sea view. When I contacted Iberostar's head office in Spain, they said everything advertised for their 5* (Star Prestige) may vary from hotel to hotel. Therefore you pay for an upgrade but what you get is what you are supposed to get in a basic 5* hotel. When I queried this with Iberostar they chose to no longer answer my emails. Once they get your money, your stuffed! I also queried this with the hotel management & I got shouted down in public at the reception desk. Not quite the customer service experience I was expecting! So may the buyer beware! I felt that the Hotel management could behave in this way because they know they are basically a law unto themselves as Iberostar clearly are happy misleading customers into thinking that they are booking into a hotel with 5* for everyone and if you pay for an upgrade.... You basically get NOTHING!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2016

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2015

"WE have just returned after a week here. This hotel is still undergoing a major refurbishment. Star prestige suites are not ready and neither are the prestige facilities. Food is okay but definitely not a 5 star, this hotel is no more than a 3 - 4 star at the most."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2015

fab fab fab

Reviewed Thu 6th of January 2011

"lovely hotel could not fault it ppl are nice very helpful yes because they want a tip but helpful all the same we spent a week here on our honeymoon and only tipped twice once when we arrived and once when we left we also left change in the room for the maid who made the bed every day and cleaned the room even tidied the shoes bless her. restaurant staff very attentive food was delicious although rice was on the menu every night along with a choice of 3 or 4 meats chicken lamb turkey rabbit beef and one night even pork . cold meat salads and lovely desserts would defo go back maybe not in december though "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of December 2010

a lovely holiday

Reviewed Fri 12th of November 2010

"i must admit i was a tad worried after reading some of the reviews of this hotel.when we got there we were shown to our room, which was lovely and very clean, the staff were all friendly not to mention helpfull.plenty of food with lots to choose from, some of it good some of it bad but you wont go hungry. make sure you book in to the fish resturant for one night its a nice change to get away from the main resturant. lovely location only a 20 mins stroll to the port and a very cheap tuk tuk ride back. i would recommend the floating resturant for a meal, great food and wine.
would go back to this hotel again "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of November 2010

unbelievable

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"am so glad was only here for a week.4 STAR? i don/t think so.went to royal kenz to get a real meal on the last night. lost weight not through illness but not able to eat the food unless it was pasta from the wee pasta chef[nice man].unfortunately i am british and was at a disadvantage because i could not goose step.you want to see your kids or grandkids grew up stay well away.royal kenz at xmas for us"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2010

do not go

Reviewed Wed 29th of September 2010

"me and my husband have just returned from this hotel. Iberostar'one star not four. first impressions of hotel clean, impressive friendly but underneath lies the truth. The food was re warmed and you had to que for it, also beef was ontop of the liver served earlier in day. My partner fell ill 3 days into the holiday constantley on the toilet and really bad stomach cramps, was bed bound which lasted for the rest of the two weeks and lost 2stone in weight. we were there only returned today hospital visit tomorrow for results. He was not the only one to fall ill as we had reports that other families were falling ill.

We had cocroaches in rooms and also red ants nest in wall attached to next room ( not the outside wall) Air con warm and mosquitos filtered through. If you want a sun bed set your alarm for 6am or you will not get one. you are expected to tip the staff but not one or 2 people all of them every day or you do not get good service.

Please believe me do not got to this hotel, never complain been all over this was ther worst holiday ever.

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

Fabulous hotel

Reviewed Tue 17th of August 2010

"My sister and I have just returned from a fortnight at the Diar el Andalous.The best holiday ever. We are both in our 60's and the staff could not have been better. The room was beautiful, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The food was excellent and plentiful.
We were very sorry to leave and will certainly be going back.Cannot fault it in any way!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2010

Good holiday, great entertainments, great family resort, average food.

Reviewed Thu 14th of October 2010

"We deciced to go on a fairly quiet, cheapish holiday on an all inclusive basis, and that is what we got.
For the price this hotel was brilliant, the newly refurbished rooms are beautifull, and even though they are still building the disco the rooms are quiet enough to sleep through all the building work easily.
The main draw for this hotel was the staff. Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpfull.
We arrived early in the day, and our rooms were not ready yet. So we had lunch in the buffet restaurant, which is honestly average. The food is basic, but will suit most tastes. The pasta station was always fully stocked and the cook present was very helpfull. The salads were brilliant and a wide selection of cold food was avaliable. The hot food was where the buffet was a little bit of a let down.

The entertainment in the day was birlliant, but in the evening it was a little disorganised. In order to try to get audience participation the flow of the enetertainment was broken. But the cocktails were delicious!

The pool and beach get busy, but as the hotel won't let you reserve longers for more than an hour of absence the turnover is great.

On the whole a great holiday in a lovely location, but it is all inclusive buffets so don't expect gormet food!

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

Fabulous holiday

Reviewed Thu 15th of October 2009

"Just returned from probably my best holiday ever in Diar El Andalous Hotel, Port El Kanraoui. The staff were perceptive, approachable and friendly. As a lone tourist I was never at any point made to feel different from any other guest. The close proximity of the beach made life easy and the wide choice of food was excellent. My room was spacious, comfortable, clean and safe. A pleasant walk along the beach to the port added to the pleasure of my stay.
My representative from Panorama was very informative and helpful,providing great detailed information regarding my stay. My guide on the Sahara Explorer trip was equally pleasant and informative.
I would highly recommend this trip to other people, particularly to those who travel alone, because at all times i felt safe, welcome and included. "

• Travel date: Wed 14th of October 2009

Don't be too critical of the Mercure ...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Have just returned from this hotel and, despite one or two gripes, I found it pleasant, and value for money.

The positives: the hotel is literally on the beach, most of the staff are helpful and accommodating, the rooms are kept very clean; the food is ok and there are a number of different 'eateries' within the hotel. Also, you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a sunbed.

The negatives: the constant pressure to tip: I know this is customary, but it is a bit of an insult to be sneered at for not giving enough! Our towels were changed daily (a good thing, however ...) - on two occasions we had to contact reception to have fresh ones put in the room. The a la carte food was bland to say the least! Elsewhere, after about 5 days, the imited menu does begin to grate.

Ultimately, don't have too high expectations and you won't be disappointed with this hotel ... they do seem to have taken feedback on board as, looking at some of the previous reviews, I can confim that many of the signs/leaflets are in English, there were many families with small children and the hotel seem to be trying to put on events to cater for all ...

Above all - despite the few disappointments experienced at this hotel, you can't beat sitting on the terrace, cold drink in hand, and looking out to the sea - this more than makes up for any small problems, and is a feature that many of the more expensive hotels don't have!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

So and so

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"The hotel is closely located to the Marina (20min on the beach or 5min by taxi from in front of the hotel) where you can see some nice boats and a European priced (supposed to be high class) restaurant. The nearby town is a 15min taxi drive and excellent if you wish to take a look at the Tunisian lifestyle. The hotel is not the 5 star described, more a 3-4 star, but the staff are trying their best. The food is very varied, the rooms are basic but large and clean, the common areas are well kept (although the front garden is so dried because of the sun), the beach is OK. Watch out for jelly fish though!

OK holiday is you stay less than one week."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

One of the best place in Port El Kantaoui

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Mercure Diar El Andalous was great! Some of the previous reviews were discouraging but I guess things must have changed. Everything was perfect about the Diar El Andalous - the location (just 15 mins walk away from Port El Kantaoui marina), the staff, the rooms, the food, the beach - everything. They even noticed that my wife was celebrating her birthday during our stay there and room service provided us with a cake on the day!"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Hotels near Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous

Top traveller tips for Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous

• Lil'Miss by Lil'Miss

"Staff below management are really nice to you if you give regular tips. "

• Maur by Maur

"Don't hesitate to book this hotel "

• Hoogie by Hoogie

"great for a relaxing beach holiday "

• liz by liz

"A brilliant hotel and great location for families "

Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous is also called