About Hotel Kanta

• golf course
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Hotel kanta

Reviewed Tue 29th of May 2012

"Although this hotel was clean and the staff very helpful and polite, I do have a few complaints, one of which is serious.
On the less serious side the " games room" is very ill equipped with broken games, half of which didn't work.
Described as having evening entertainment, this was mostly geared toward the more mature guest, even though this is a family hotel. My 19yr old was very bored in the evening.
On a very serious note, the food, although nice, was often only warm, this led to me catching a bug that saw me dangerously I'll in hospital on my return to England. This was a few weeks ago now and I have still not fully recovered."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2012

Brief but lovely stay

Reviewed Fri 2nd of March 2012

"We were aware that most of the other guests had been there for weeks and in some cases months. I was so impressed with the politeness of the staff who went out of their way to help us swop from a double bedded room( two friends sharing don,t like her that much)to a two bedroom suite. All done with a minimum of fuss.

We were half board, the food was good, not sure how varied it would have been if we had stayed longer but certainly happy with what we had. We had an escorted trip to the Medina, would certainly recommend that if you are two girlie's together, we ventured out on the metro and amazed at how cheap it was. If I go back it will have to be for longer as felt there was still so much to see, we would like to have done the overnight safari. All in all excellent value for money "

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2012

long stay

Reviewed Thu 2nd of February 2012

"We are long stayers at the Kanta & l have to say that under the circumstances they are doing well, We are all aware of last years revolution & things have been very hard for all Tunisians, things will improve if you disregard all the bad publicity & actually visit the place. As far as the Kanta is concerned yes it does need updating & yes the food can be repetitive but what do you do at home ??. Here the staff do the best they can for you, the people (locals) are friendly & helpful, book a week at the Kanta you will be surprised, it is nice!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of February 2012

Shabby and dated

Reviewed Fri 5th of November 2010

"We recently returned from a week at the Kanta Hotel. We were on a full board basis. My advice would be not to do this, as the lunch is set, poor to average, very greasy and you have to order it and wait- not a buffet type. It is rather a dated hotel and a bit shabby, and the entertainment poor to average. The hotel staff were ok if you tipped them, only one or two were really friendly and helpful without the monetary incentive. In general the place was clean. The whole thing was darkened by what appears to be a routine of cat poisoning. The grounds staff found it amusing to pick up a half dead cat in front of the guests around the pool and drop the poor thing into a sack, presumably to be finished off out of sight. It was appalling. We complained and got an apology and they tried to say it was not the norm but we heard from other guests- and also on other reviews- that this is commonplace. There are several ridiculous ‘rules’. You can’t run a tab. You can’t eat outside at the snack bar as part of the full board basis. You can’t take any food out of the dining room. I understand this in principle, but since they check your room number when you go in, they know whether you’ve eaten or not. My daughter and her friend came down with 10 minutes to spare before it shut one morning and were told they could not take an apple each to eat, they had to sit there and eat it! The games room is only open during the day until 5. We had children and it rained a lot so that was not good. The pool was absolutely freezing and manned by a completely hostile individual. I didn’t see one smile and he seemed to spend the whole time he wasn’t doing anything constructive (like cat killing) ogling my 13 and 14 year old and smoking. I only saw 3 people in it all week and they came from Sweden! I would not go back and neither would I recommend it. Incidentally we flew with Thomas Cook who were using Aurela airlines- ugh, the smell when not in flight was vomit inducing- this is due to the filters, not fun when we were kept on the plane for 15 minutes with the engines off. "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of November 2010

hotel ok - people abit rude

Reviewed Mon 13th of September 2010

"Just returned from this hotel, it was ok,clean and pool areas was nice. Beaches were not clean and people can be very intimidating in shops tying to sell you things!!!

If you go to this area please look at the conditon of the Horses and Donkeys - they are very thin and look neglected.
We saw one poor horse pulling 8 people on a carriage in 37 degree sun up an hill - it was on its knees!!! I saw a man riding a donkey hitting it over the ears to make it go faster!!! please look and make up your own mind before you get on one of these carriages....."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of September 2010

Hotel okay food awful

Reviewed Tue 14th of September 2010

"We have just returned from Tunisia and the hotel Kanta the staff were friendly and willing to help, though sometimes did not look very happy. Really disappointed with the food, very little choice, very repetitive and did not cater for the english at all, the soup was the same every other night and some nights tasted very watery. this is the only hotel I have stayed in that did not have a wide variety of choice.
The room was basically clean, but the air conditioning only came on at certain times, and it was red hot. The television was old (just like me) with nothing to watch as I am a light sleeper and there was no choice in channels.
Even though the Mariner was nice, it was the only place to go at night and after a couple of nights it became boring.
On the whole everyone was really nice, but it would be my first and last visit to Tunisia.The pool area was nice and inviting and because of lack of things to do spent the whole week aroung the pool, which we would not do normally. Went to the pub adjoin ed to the hotel to watch football, only to come out before the game ended as the television kept freezing so missed most of the game anyway (just as wll as our team lost anyway) "

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2010

sandra and sham's holiday

Reviewed Wed 10th of November 2010

"we have just come back from tunisia we stayd at the kanta hotel. we have had a brilliant week.good food nice cleane rooms staff very friendley couldt do enough for you.will be going back again in june for two weeks cant waite"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of March 2010

Return trip

Reviewed Fri 27th of August 2010

"This is our third trip and a quiet break is guaranteed we
recommend for over 50s since there is nothing much in the way of night life for the youngsters - although a new additon of Irish pub may be be of interest owned by the hotel

Food is good although repetative on a 2 week trip- I remember some items from 3 years ago

Its true the decor is tired and in need of reburb (opened in 1980) although we were in a refreshed room, the mattresses are ill fitting, two single on a double base - not ideal

If you want a quiet break with civilised entertainment this is for .......if you want wild night life go elsewhere

The staff couldnt be friendlier but....... the owners now need to support them and spend a bit more cash on the aesthetics to add value for the guests

That said would still recommend to 45 plus age group very restful

• Travel date: Sun 28th of February 2010

Relaxing hotel with great weather

Reviewed Wed 9th of December 2009

"Me and the wife visited the Kanta Hotel in Port El Kantoui on a half board basis last May. The hotel is clean and comfortable but due to a government directive ,the hotels cannot put the air con on until the temperature reaches a certain level and the room was sweltering at times. The hotel has two pools one which is for adults only so we used that most of the time but to be fair their were few kids in the hotel when we went.We had a couple of days on the beach which is about a 10 minute walk and it is beautiful and only costs a couple of quid for a sunbed. We went H/B this year after doing AI for the past few years and the food was ok. We tended to enjoy the buffets more than the set meals but generally it was more than adequate. Frankly the entertainment was non existant just a geezer doing cover versions (badly)in reception which is something of a theme in Port El Kantoui. The pace is very sedate even for us (were in our forties)and once youve been round the marina, well youve seen it!The resort is certainly not for those looking for 24hr partying and would think if youve got kids it wouldnt be ideal either. We went for a look round the market in Sousse which was interesting and got a couple of bargains, and did a trip to the safari park and a last minute decision to goto the reps show. I dont mean to knock them as they tried really hard but it was dreadful, not helped by the worst drag act ive ever seen.Cant help thinking the reps are used as cheap entertainment by the tour operators to keep costs down when they should be doing what our rep did fantastically, which was look after the guests.All in all we had a great time really relaxing and topped off by the best weather we have ever had at that time of year."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of December 2009

Nice hotel but only if you're in your 50s

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2009

"We stayed in the Hotel Kanta for two weeks and though we had a good time I wouldn't recommend it for any young couples or groups. The bedrooms/food/pool area were all nice but there is nothing to do there in the evening. I'm 28 and my boyfriend is 30 and while we weren't looking for a major party scene we were lookig for something to do in the evening. After you have dinner there isn't anywhere good to go for a pint or anythign else. You can walk around the marina but you'll see that in one evening. The majority of people there are either families with young kids or an over 50s crowd. There are only two pubs and neither of them have any atmosphere. They have live music but it is just very bad karaoke. We did have a good holiday since we were totally able to relax but to be honest I would have definitely preferred to be somewhere livlier. We went into Sousse and while there was one nice bar with a roof terrace there wasn't anyone in it. We were told by our rep to go to the saloon bar as they had live music but again it was just a guy with a keyboard and he was awful. Hope this helps any young couples thinking of heading there. "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2009

an old favourite

Reviewed Fri 3rd of April 2009

"My husband and I have been going to the Kanta for several years. Each time we go we are always made to feel very welcome and all the staff in what ever capacity are always very friendly and cant do enough for you. The food is superb and a wide choice. The swimming pools are clean and well maintained and the intertainment is always in abundance. The rooms are always very clean and maintanined to a high standard. If we have had any problems for what ever reason the staff always go out of thier way to sort them out no matter what that are. I would recommend the Kanta as a first class establishment to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of April 2009

Be Warned

Reviewed Mon 23rd of March 2009

"I have just returned from a week in the Kanta Hotel, this is proving to be my worst nightmare as I was extremely unwell prior and during my return flight.
I appear to have contracted something resembling food piosoning i.e high temperatures, shaking violently and unable to get warm, sickness and diarrhoea.
I am now waiting for the tests to come back from my doctor to confirm, meanwhile off work.
I have only eaten the Kanta food for the last week (without exception), this food was a very low standard soup being the only consistantly exceptable food.
Our tiolet stank of urine and despite our best efforts i.e purchase air freshners and toilet bleach we could not change.
The room was dirty and previous occupants had left food which was still in the left hand wardrobe (no 212)
We had previously been to this hotel and the Maharba Palace, we felt the Kanta provided better food.
We will not be returning.

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2009

Hotels near Hotel Kanta

Top traveller tips for Hotel Kanta

• FRED HILL by FRED HILL

"Fantastic place shame about the substandard Hotels "

• FRED HILL by FRED HILL

"Walking around the port "

• "Visit to Sahara well worth a visit. "

• stefgrep by stefgrep

"Quiet and slow paced ideal for a relaxing break "

• stefgrep by stefgrep

"Ate at the hotel and were a bit disappointed with the trips we did "

• golden oldie by golden oldie

"nice friendly people but not enough to do "

• Dancediva by Dancediva

"Go for a higher star! "

• Sharon E-T by Sharon E-T

"If you are two females take up the offer of an escorted trip to the Medina "

• Samantha K by Samantha K

"Make sure you know where the nearest chemist is "

Hotel Kanta is also called