pool view

golf residence

Reviewed 30th March 2015

"This hotel was lovely, staff excellent the girl at reception was always glad to help. the rooms are basic but kept very clean. the waiters where always helpful. "

• Travel date: 30th March 2015

GOLF FANTASTIC

Reviewed 13th August 2013

"I stayed at the golf with three friends back in april this year . We all had a fantastic time . Animation team great . All the staff were pleasant , polite and helpful . We can't wait to go back . We don't agree about the negative comments of alex . There were women chasing after him too . Yes , he is young and handsome . So come on ladies you've had your 'holiday fun'.. Too . Get over it . We love you alex . Mini mo , mido & dudi . In all we had a wonderful holiday . Joan, jean,teresa & ann ."

• Travel date: 13th August 2013

Alex

Reviewed 1st May 2013

"Just read all the reviews on alex just came back from the golf residence and fell for alex to but if its fun you want thats fine it takes two lol "

• Travel date: 27th April 2013

we found it ,but watch for the cling on's

Reviewed 11th April 2013

"food. plentiful.staff friendly,(not talking animation team)found the beach!not great,alittle more care is needed there.organised trips ,informative with good guides.facial recommended,massrge also,cannot fault that side.on the painful side,animation guy called alexx,went everywhere with an old lady taking her hand,sitting down to dinner,sharing her lounger around the pool,having read whats been said ,this is very frightening indeed,its nice that he made her feel special,but at what cost,she;l be conned,and the henna guy,paid a fair bit for the tatoo,only not 24hrs later,it was off,so be aware,and be sure to tell him,waster!!it makes you wonder if the hotel are aware!"

• Travel date: 9th April 2013

watch alex !!!!!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"well this is a really nice hotel stayed here 8 times staff are really helpful but beware of the Animation Team ! the only decent 2 are mido and mimo watch out for alex even tho hes got a girlfriend he seems to think its ok to get on another girl every week and take everything they have got he is not safe to be around one bit dont fall into his trap because you will have the worst holiday ever and if he tells your he needs money for his family because his dad is dead dont feel sorry for him and give him money because his dads alive !! he may seem nice to your face but behind closed doors hes 100% differnt !! alex gives the hotel a bad name but apart from that really good hotel "

• Travel date: 18th March 2013

Help!!!! Get me out of here

Reviewed 5th March 2013

"Where do I start..... Restaurant Very dated,very understaffed,and you have to hunt for your own cutlery. If you wanted a drink with your meal at night you had to play hunt the waiter,because by the time he arrived you had finished your meal. Food very bland,not much of it,Thank god for scrambled eggs in the morning. and the Irish Bar at night Hotel reception. The reception is very dated and if you need the toilet(women's) steer clear of the first cubicle as there is a leak,and although it has been reported hundreds of times (no exaggeration) they still have not mended it. and according to the check list on the back of the door the toilets had bot been checked since 13.11.2012 I think that says it all. Rooms. Very dated, maid could not be bothered always in and out without knocking ? Wardrobes were terrible could not be closed due to faulty locks, ours had not been dusted for a long time. Sheets were clean. Changed towels daily but they took them away at 9.30 and did not return them till 4/4.30 so if you needed to wipe your hands "tough." In the bathroom of room 220 there was a problem with water draining away in the sink,so the solution was to put a bucket underneath and we had to empty it into the toilet,just like camping. Corridors Very dated carpet badly stained. Grounds. Were well maintained not much to do for children, no Mini Golf as advertised and to add insult to injury if you wanted to sunbath you had to pay to hire a mattress.Be careful when walking as there were tiles missing which was quite dangerous. Private Beach. What private beach!!!! we went to find it and all we could see was a load of sand, a lot of broken bottles, one man relieving himself as we passed by and one man shooting up with his fix "Delightful" Lounge This was by far the only redeeming feature in an otherwise bad hotel.The staff were polite, efficient, and could not do enough for you.The only downside the TV was constantly on the same program me "WILD" They put on what they wanted and did not take any notice of the customer. Massages My husband had a massage and it was the highlight of his holiday it was very professionally done and well worth the money The Animation Team What a farce they could not organize a p--- up in a brewery they were all pathetic,the shows were embarrassing,and they all just seemed to think it was one big joke All the comments regarding Alex are very true he was just trying to get his passage to England by hook or by crook And last but not least Thomas Cook rep Not to good,after 3 days i requested that she should try and find a flight back for my husband and myself,she never had the courtesy of coming back to me,and overnight she had gone with a new rep in her place "Rat leaving sinking ship comes to mind" We have been coming to Tunisia for the last 8 years and I have to say this was the worst hotel that I have been to,it has not put me off but I will choose very carefully in future "

• Travel date: 26th February 2013

Carry on from last review

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"I just want to say the hotel it's self is lovely and all of the staff are so friendly the animation team made my holiday I loved all of them. Food was ok lots of different choices. I would defiantly go back its such good value for money. As for Alex I was harsh and his ok just don't fall for his charm! But everyone should try this hotel I didn't want to leave!! Roll on the next holiday "

• Travel date: 17th February 2013

Great hotel

Reviewed 14th February 2013

"I just got back from this hotel I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!! It was amazing everyone is so lovely but the guy Alex I completely fell for we stayed in touch at home until I realised he had a nasty side and hurt a lot of women. I learnt my lesson and I complained to Thomas cook as I found out some nasty facts about him he was all over my daughter and shouldn't be considering 2 years previous he was deported from the uk!!!"

• Travel date: 13th February 2013

Great Holiday

Reviewed 23rd January 2013

"We stayed here from 6th to 20th jan 2013, although the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a refurb, its clean all the staff are nice the food is very good with lots of choice.ive read some of the other reviews and find that the people who moan are just moaners as its great value for money. the noise from the dico is a bit loud untill the early hours, so ask for a room away from that side of the hotel, we would ask for a pool view next time as the sun is mostly on that side.We would certainly use the hotel again. thankyou to all the staff. The only thing about tunisia that can get on your nerves is the constant mither you get in places like the marina, although its worth going there."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2013

Good hotel, good price but ladies beware !!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"The hotel was nice brilliant value for money, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were cleaned daily to a good standard with fresh towels everyday. The food was nice if your not a fussy eater and you like salads and vegetables and happy to try different things then there is lots of variety, but the menu was repetitive and the fussy eaters got bored with the same things on offer for them. The entertainment during the evening was again repetitive and to a low standard and the music was often old fashioned and repetitive. Ladies beware of Alex he works as part of the entertainment team, he is out for a way back to England (straight from the horses mouth !) and it turns out he was seeing a number of girls at the hotel. Whilst I was at the hotel he lied and manipulated to the point where I almost believe he actually cared but he didnt and I found at as soon as I left he was on his next conquest. Dont get me wrong he is a nice lad whilst you buy his bingo tickets so he gets commission and whilst you buy him a drink and he gets what he wants but his attitude soon changes if he doesnt get what he wants. So women look after yourselves and your daughters, please do not trust this man or in the end you will have regrets and be hurt by him. "

• Travel date: 10th December 2012

Generally satisfactory

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"We were generally satisfied with our stay at this unexceptional hotel. We were rather surprised by the loud, blaring music by the pool - fortunately there were some breaks in it. The waiters were mostly polite and helpful, with the exception of one who was rude,arrogant and offered poor service. He was unable to produce proper receipts, or mixed them up. The room staff were good and changed the bedding and towels each day."

• Travel date: 7th November 2012

fantastic times ...... :o)

Reviewed 9th July 2012

"Just back yesterday from my first trip to Tunisia, stayed at this fantastic hotel! Food was brill with lots of choices if you look at whats on offer, bedding changed and towels changed daily, yes the hotel is not the ritz but it is fantastic to lay my head and sleep until we filled the day with some more amazing activities! Staff all friendly, animation team were really good fun and certainly kept everyone entertained. We had great air conditioning which really helped with the heat during the day, all in all i loved the hotel, staff, food, cleanliness and tunisia! Would love to go back tomorrow! :o) and would recommend the golf residence hotel to friends and family! x"

• Travel date: 9th July 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Golf Residence Hotel

Top traveller tips for Golf Residence Hotel

• by billbear

"take your tablet or laptop"

• by J J POWELL

"FREE HOTEL TRIP TO HAMMAM SOUSSE."

• by Michelle C

"The golf residence was great"

• by tp1

"in easy reach of a good walk abouts"

• by treevvie

"You pay for what you get and this hotel is cheap, so dont expect 4 star, if you want that,pay more!!!"

• by helen364

"Get out see the sights talk to other tourists and try as much as possible to do trips independantly with other experienced tourists to tunis..."

• by Scottishdebs

"make sure your room is at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool-no noise from the club out front."

• by h&b

"Go to the steak house in sousse !! And if your with thomas cook the Reps cabaret"

• by kayla

"try it for urself and just remember its not very english orientated"

• by nanna

"great pool and activities, great location"

• by Susie and Ally

"Ideal for families and teenagers, not for those wanting a quiet holiday"

• by Jess

"Not about Golf Residence"

• by laura1101

"i love tunisia and think it is a great place! n"

• by boatgirl

"Not the place to go to relax or sight see"

• by westenddreama

"Great for a relaxing holiday "

• by oxford female

"You get what you pay for"

• by cropthorne

"Good to experience another culture"

• by secpol

"Jet Ski and Parachute fantastic. Bought some good quality silver jewellery in The Medina in Sousse"

• by barney1888

"el jam. carthage. the madina at sousse."

• by barney1888

"check your change. watch out at the pelican crossings,"

Golf Residence Hotel is also called