The Pool at the El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

• kids club
  • tv channel one russia

Great time had by all!!

Reviewed 23rd June 2015

"The El Mouradi Hotel was, we found, clean, friendly, relaxed and suited our needs for a chill out holiday. It was about 40 minutes from the airport. The rooms were both triple even though we had ordered a double and a single! They were both clean and fresh towels/bedding provided daily if needed. One room had a fantastic view of the complex, while the other one had a not so nice view! (This never bothered us!). No hairdryer or tea making facilities in room but they did have air conditioning. The hotel has two lifts, a safety deposit area and two nice reception areas The food is as good as your going to get on these types of holiday. Plenty of pasta, pizza, chicken and salad. Although not fantastic your certainly not going to starve! It seemed to be organized as well, with no waiting for tables or food. On the plus side, they had a microwave if your food was cold!! Beer and most alcoholic spirits were provided in the all inclusive deal. The waiters were all friendly, and will reserve tables for older/ larger families. The beach bar only served beer and soft drinks though! I would advise to take some beer mats!!! The hotel has two big pools and a child's pool with mini slide. The main pool had entertainment by the animation team during the day. You could join in with aqua aerobics or water polo if you wished. Beach towels are provided for a fee which is refunded at the end of the holiday. The animation team were friendly and welcoming without being over the top. They love kids and had a really good mini disco on a night for them. They all worked hard and although the shows were average, we have seen a lot worse! We never saw a rep all week, but am sure if there were problems we could have arranged to see one! The beach is where we spent most days. Its a minute walk away and had lovely sand, although the sea could have been cleaner, was adequate! It was easy to get into to swim, as there were no rocks! There were plenty of sunbeds and parasols. There was a beach bar which sold pizza, beer and soft drinks. Water sports were available (jet skis, para sailing and banana boats) and were reasonable. Although there is a shop on the complex, there is a nice shopping area about five minutes walk away. I expected to be hassled by the locals to buy and go into the shops, but we were pleasantly surprised. We were left alone to browse and as the goods were quite reasonable, we brought!! However, one night we went into Port El Kantoui (20 minutes walk or £2 taxi away). We were badgered to death by locals to eat in their restaurants and shop in their shops. We had a really bad meal in one restaurant and although the fountain display in the center is ok, would not really advise anyone to go there as there's not a lot there. We went once and never again!! All in all, for the price we paid, the hotel and holiday was great. I would certainly recommend Tunisia and this hotel. "

• Travel date: 23rd June 2015

fantastic time had by all

Reviewed 6th August 2014

"Went April 28th 2014, brilliant hotel brilliant staff and thanks to Ali who sat every night with us for an hour after work. He is a really nice guy and on day we left hotel he came to say good bye on his day off. Now that is genuine and Mario not as much interaction but also genuinely cares about guests. You will have same table same waiter for your stay and although the waiters are ran off there feet they will take time to chat if they have free moment and they have a decent choice for Tunisia. There is something for everyone. the beach is private at bottom of hotel ground sand walk into marina along the beach is stunning .Our holiday overall was brilliant, rooms are 90% clean and can be what you make of them they are spacious we mostly cruise now and went to this hotel for quick break enjoyed so much booked it again for April 2015. "

• Travel date: 5th August 2014

Fantastic holiday at E Mouradi Hotel

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Tunia we stayed at the EL Mouradi hotel we could not fault the staff at al,they work very hard,entainment every night was good, food was fine our room cleaned every day(carpet in room was not good).less than a 5min walk to the beach.. would go back next year"

• Travel date: 16th October 2012

The only hotel to go to

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"We have gone to this hotel for the past 10 years, and from the moment you walk in the door to the minute you depart, you are made to feel very much at home. The food is excellent and varied, with something for everyone, the staff are all really friendly and helpful. The rooms are all clean and being updated all the time, the staff will where possible will be as helpful as they can and it is just a short walk to find the nearest supermarket at the top of the drive. The hotel is on the beach and with only a 20 min walk you are in the centre of Port El Kantoui. You can catch a taxi to the centre of town for only a couple of pounds if you don't fancy walking, and there is a 'singing' fountain in the centre of Kantoui which is lit at night, well worth the trip there to see it."

• Travel date: 12th October 2012

Totally Fantastic-You will LOVE this place

Reviewed 23rd August 2011

"2 adults(50+46) and 4 kids(20,17,14,11)From arrival to departure couldn't find fault.Made to feel welcome.Staff professional and courteous,be it reception,room maids,waiters,bar staff,and all others behind the scenes.Clean and well maintained hotel,2 great pools.Beach next to resort-clean+sandy.Lots of activities.resort Entertainments team absolutely brilliant-ALL ages looked after!!For the hours they put in they still smile and make you smile.Food-plentiful and varied-always went back for more!We were there 1 week-didn't want to leave.Our last night our table in restaurant had napkins shaped liked birds with flowers spread out.They didn't have to do it-they wanted to!They love the Brits and our courtesy/manners. You will love this place(el mouradi-not club or palace)i'm trying to take my junior footy team there next time!!!!!"

• Travel date: 18th August 2011

A disgraceful Hotel abd I am reporting to ABTA

Reviewed 4th August 2011

"This hotel is in my oppionion a disgrace! IT IS DEFINATELY NOT 5 STAR.Parts of the hotel are dirty torn and a health hazard.There is a problem with old carpets and furnishings in the hotel. Rooms have torn and worn down furniture and there is a very distinct musty smell in the hotel hallways and suites from red 70's style carpeting. The staff had a cant do attitude, unless you intended to bribe them.THEY DO NOT LIKE ENGLISH PEOPLE MUCH AND CLEARLY FAVOUR FRENCH SPEAKING NATIONALS. The spar was also dirty and I was told the hotel has staffing issues. I would never go to Tunisia again.When I book 5 star I expect 5 star. This place is 2 star at best. Staff also are told to favour Eastern European and French customers (This was an ex French colony after all). The palce is also a pick up joint for Eastern European women and North African men. I frequently needed hand wipes as the place was rather dirty and smelly.The only part of the hotel which is presentable is the reception area and one part of the outside exterior. The pools were hot and needed some upgrading when you got nearer them you could see how worn out they were. A health hazzard and a ,misleading hotel star rating.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!Dont make the same mistake we did. "

• Travel date: 2nd August 2011

brill holidday

Reviewed 20th July 2011

"me n my friend have just returned from el mouradi port el kantoui n i can honestly find no fault wif the hotel,staff etc , the rooms r quite comfortable and spacious.the weather was fabulous,the entertainment was good,we enjoyed it so much that we have booked to go agen next week"

• Travel date: 11th July 2011

Good Family Holidays

Reviewed 20th June 2011

"Me & my family have booked into this hotel twice a year for the last 6 years. We find it very good altho the last few times we had problems with rooms...no views but last time 28thMay 2011 we had no problem being moved to different rooms next day,rooms could do with a bit of updating tho,carpets & curtains were not very clean but we had friesh linen & towels every day,the bedroom ladies are very good & will help you out at all times with a smile,,bar & dining room staff were excellent & we were never hassled for tips by any member of staff,food is good & plentiful,all freshly made & something for everyone but like other comments from other guests on here we found some nationalities very rude,mostly the germans & french,its a great hotel for children & they are made very welcome,you can get a bit of hassle down in the marina & at some shops but if you give a firm no no with a smile & keep walking they are ok..you just need to be firm,,you must realise they are only trying to make a living & its the only way they know...I'm looking forward to my next holiday there in October..."

• Travel date: 17th June 2011

excellent

Reviewed 21st April 2011

"me and my family all 14 of us went to tunisia on 6/04/11 we loved our trip it was excellent all the staff were very helpful the food was excellent i would recomend anyone travelling to tunisia go for it..."

• Travel date: 20th April 2011

Loved It!

Reviewed 8th September 2010

"Me and my mother went there in June this year. First time that we have ever been to Tunisia and it wont be the last time either! All of the members of staff there were very helpful, and very chatty. If you are a very fussy eater like me, dont expect to find much food that you will like because it is mainly the same food every day, but all of the food is made freshly with fresh ingredients. The different activities that the animation team do throughout the day, such as: water aerobics, archery, boules on the beach, water polo, etc, are good and there is something for everyone. The evening entertainment is really good too, even if their game of bingo was the longest game ever lasting for about an hour! One day on our holiday, my mum and I went down to the marina which was only about 20 minutes away from the hotel. If you dont have a man with you and have young kids with you, expect to be hassled. When we arrived at the marina, we were looking for the pharmacy, and a man came up to us and said that he worked at reception at our hotel. Dont believe what they say because they all know the different bracelets from the different hotels, and they will end up taking you into one of their friends shops and basically wont let you leave until you buy something from there. We would have loved to go back to the marina later in the week, but because I am only 17, I received lots of hassle from all of the men there. It wasnt just in the marina where I received hassle. In the hotel, I also received hassle from several waiters who were all wanting to take me out of the hotel for a drink or meet up with them in the middle of the night. No matter how many times I said no to them, they didnt seem to take the hint. People seem to think that you only get hassled if you are young, german or french, and blonde! But i am English, 17, and have brown hair, but i still received lots of hassle! The hotel rooms werent as good as I thought they would be. They seemed very dated, and the curtains were dirty, but the bed sheets were clean every day. We also had a small fridge which didnt seem to work. When we spoke to our travel rep, she told us that they arent supposed to keep things chilled, they are supposed to keep things at the temperature that you bought it at! At the beginning of the week, if you tip the waiters a couple of dinars, they will make sure that they save you a table at meal times, and they will make sure that your glass is always full! What we didnt realise is that you are supposed to stick to one waiter at meal times! At the end of our week there, we shared out our remaining dinars between the the different waiters in the restaurant and the bar outside. On our last night of our holiday, the waiters in the restaurant saved our table for us and scattered rose petals, had our drinks ready, and folded our napkins nicely especially for us! On the last day of the holiday, I decided to get a henna tattoo because there was a bloke in the hotel doing them, and I had seen lots of people getting them done there. Im not sure if I am allergic to henna or if it was the stuff he used, but I am left with a scar on my foot in the pattern of the tattoo. I would never get one done again - especially from there! Overall, I would definitely go back to the same hotel again, but maybe with a bloke with us, so that we do not receive lots of hassle like we did! But I would definitely reccommend this hotel!! :)"

• Travel date: 7th September 2010

great holiday

Reviewed 25th August 2010

"just got back from a week in Tunisa El mouradi Hotel,15-08-10 to 22-08-10 we had a great time myself my sister my partner and her parnter.hotel is clean,fresh bed linen everyday and towels,food ok but a fight to get it as there are SOOO many French and German,i found them very rude,pushing in and even one pushed me outa of the way even thou i was stood with others waiting,the old towel trick with the sunbeds was quite bad too. This hotel is right on the beach,that too is great.i spent most of my time there,plenty of sun beds there. i found there is quite a bit of tipping you kinda have to do,which i found a bit anoying.so be warned! The staff in all are fantasic and even more helpful when you tip them.. Even getting off the bus to get your bag and to in to the air port they grab your bags and take it no more than 10 mtrs and expect at tip! its a bit of a joke!so you have to stand you ground and say no!. You cant drink the tap water there so you have to buy bottled and that sometimes can be expensive!! i got riped off 7diner 4 a small bottle bout £3.50.but i was so thirsty i had to have it.so they do take the **** with the tourist with that. Haggling with prices was a great laugh,i got a nice hand bag "fake ~Prada"£20 but is beautiful and not fallen apart!yet!!LOL!! Be careful with some of the prices as they do try to rip you off!! On the second day my camera was stolen from my bag,my group and a few other were in the reps meeeting,i went to get some money to pay for the sahara trip i left my bag in my seat (stupidly!) i was gone for no more than 5 minutes,i didnt notice my camera was gone till i went to get in out of my bag and yep GONE!! im pretty sure it was the group sat behind me 2 men 2 women,loud scottish louts!!the following day im pretty sure i saw my camera on there tabel,but cant prove it,just think its harsh thing to do.i just hope what comes around gos around! I then had to bye disposable camera to add insult 20 diner £10!! total joke,but i didnt let that spoil my holiday. I did ask at reception if it was handed in but nothing! new camera too and memory card all in all about £150 worth!so i have learnt a very good lesson TRUST NO ONE!! Please dont make my mistake and leave your bag unattended... Entertainment team were a tad BORING and mostly spoken in french...The belly dancers were great. The best night of all had to be the Irish river dance was brilliant. The harbour is good for shops and resturants,did find the quite pricey but the best had to be the floating resturant,like a big pirate ship,the food and the people there were great so i recommend to go there. Alway get the yellow taxi back to your hotel,much safer,even thou its a hassel getting a taxi so be warned they do come at you,myself and my sister found this very fighting,even thou are partner were there,they are really in your face!! a taxi from the harbour to El mouradi should be no more than 5-6 diner which is about £2.50-3. We all did a sahara explorer very tiring but well worth it,its worth every penny £80.2day trip.you are well looked after. You get to see sets from star wars so if ur a star wars fan you will LOVE IT!! my Partner TIm was in his element! Camal ride in the sahara was great to,you have to wear protective clothing as its so HOT,but it was great dressing up and the ride kinda clumsey but great too. All in all we all had a great time the only bad bit is the fact that we seem to be the only English people there!.."

• Travel date: 24th August 2010

Want to Live there!!!

Reviewed 13th August 2010

"We stayed at this hotel in june last year and there was myself, my five children,18,17,14,12 and 11 and my parents. Large rooms, clean sheets and towels everyday!! Staff so helpfull and friendly and the food was just fabulous,plenty of choice!! Sunbeds are plentiful and never had a problem getting one each, waiter service by the pool was such a luxury and I really felt I was pampered. The buffet bar on the beach terrace has home made pizzas and panninis and were just delicious. Entertainment staff really made the kids and our holiday as they were very attentive and at the end of our 2 week stay we left them all our dinas as u cant bring them home. We will definately go back as often as possible and if I win the lotto I will live there. Water sports for the kids is fabulous and even my father went on the bannana boat and absailing!!!"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2010
  • ...

Hotels near El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

Top traveller tips for El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

• by borosupporter01

"If you want a cheap,chill out holiday, you could do worse than stay here! Avoid El Kantoui Port!"

• by williemcc

"relax enjoy the hotel buy a larger glass and take it to bar they will fill it "

• by Liz S

"Easy access by taxi to go to the next town of Sousse as the shopping there is excellent"

• by warriors

"Trip/Activity Sellers.If you aren't interested in camels or quads etc don't say you'll think about it.SAY NO to avoid daily hassle"

• by Simmie

"Just get out & enjoy yourself,lots to see & do"

• by Happy Traveller

"A Holiday you will not forget for all the right reasons!!!"

• by Raja

"verbally face to face"

• by josipa

"it's worth of every panny"

• by angie/emma/olly

"yes but only to tell them not to go"

• by smithyp

"try smiling in canteen. staff might return smile one day"

• by funtime John

"ignore bad reviews it is great make your own mind up"

• by Aussiegirl

"Good value for money & would go back again."

• by triballegs

"only use if it is only for basic sun/ sea break"

• by Lizaremada

"Great value for money"

• by Flyoo

"Good deal for price paid. "

• by Edel227

"You get what you pay for"

• by flomo

"Walking along the beach to the marina "

• by flomo

"Loved Port El Kantaoui - cannot wait to go back next year!"

• by soozieb

"nice place they only pester you to buy once your in the shop so dont go in"

• by DeeanneBabes

"It was completely amazing"

El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui is also called

• El Mouradi Hotel
  • el mouradi port kantaoui
  • el mouradi port el kantaoui