About El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel

• indoor pool
  • tennis court
  • tv channel one russia

Good

this hotel compared to others

Reviewed Tue 10th of September 2013

"I have been going to this resort for 6 years and tried a number of hotels in the area around February through to may (long stay winter break)and found this hotel to be the best, my stay was from feb, to march 2013 because of the time of the year the hotel was not busy so evening meal was not a buffet menu was presented to you at breakfast time and chose your meal then if not as you expected you could change no trouble to the chef and found that the food was very good (first morn the menu said beef so i chose chips and egg to be on save side partner chose beef ) was I surprised when the meal was served my partner got the biggest piece of steak I ever seen did she enjoy it became a learning to me me to a bit more adventurous I can say never had a bad meal my hole stay,breakfast if you wanted a hot breakfast you tell the waiter what you want (omelet,fried egg,scrambled eggs tell waiter how many eggs to use)the room was basic but great view of the harbor cleaned every day (tip cleaner first day and will do any thing for you)old TV but serviceable got English film channel, indoor pool was not open because of number of guest so not viable to heat pool (I used the golf resident pool 5 minutes walk from this hotel)the hotel staff was very helpful no issues with them at all so if compare this hotel against the other hotels I have used in the area I would certainly return which I will be doing next "

• Travel date: Fri 30th of August 2013

Don't get any worse!!!!

Reviewed Tue 3rd of January 2012

"What can I say about this place?......5star?....u must b joking!....2star more like!!.....hotel food was brill!..(if you like meatballs and rice!).
Hotel staff were quite pleasing if you tipped them....one waiter was quite polite and it sadly occurred to me on viewing him as he walked away that his trousers were poorly stitched up, and he wore no socks??....another barman kept harassing me for my shirts???.....
Room was basic I guess....nothin to write home about! .
Night life...NONE EXISTENT....a lovely Disco was downstairs but always either closed or empty???.
The bars.....I recall one being the 'Piano room...(blue room)...lovely bar......always empty????....THE COCTAIL BAR....once again always empty???.......what was prefered to be a quite type of holiday was soon becoming a nightmare.
Life outside the hotel.....well.....the arrogance of the shop staff and some restaurants was unbelievable??......shouts of ...'English....English.... come over here!..... was so annoying!....some shop staff were actually outside .... in my wife's face,.... trying to get her to enter into there silly leather handbag and trinket shop.....only to become abusive when we refused!!!! .....a lot of restaurant staff were actually bulling the older holiday makers into ther flea ridden bars and restaurants......I've heard the Tunisian government (?) are clamping down on all this?.....well not up to now they ain't 'cause I believe not has changed in this place!.
Would sooner holiday in Beirut than this country again !!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of December 2011

Extremly dirty stuff just waiting for you mony, poor food choice, dirty see....

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"After our 2 summers in Tunisia (Hammamet and Mahdia, hotels El Mouradi) we were very very shocked with this one, and said NEVER AGAIN. One thinks - information you get from agency (Suncani odmor) and another in hotel. Of, course, we were mad. Not even got welcome drink. Restaurant food is relatively OK, but so poor choice, choice for breakfast terrible – every day the same think plus leftovers from the day before. The chef and waiters cloths are very dirty and just discussing. Rooms and the hall need to be upgrade. Also, dirty chairs on balcony. Staffs attitude is terrible, simply to say they are rude. Coctel on pool is 10 dinars, far too much while in town restaurants is less. Animators are OK, but too noisy. As the hotel is situated in marina the see is dirty green, and the beach is full of see grass, so the impression is not nice and far away from wish to swim in it. All, in all, never again in Hannibal Palace Hotel. Please, Croatian people, check this hotel out before you make final choise, and do not believe everything our agency says (Suncani odmor). All inclusive do not exest in this hotel, olthow our croatian agency sell this option, what to say!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2011

disapointing accomodation

Reviewed Sat 17th of July 2010

"After our recent stay in the above hotel,what can we say.
Poor greeting,not made welcome.Rooms in bad need of upgrade.Restaurant food was apaulling and no choices whatsoever for English people.Staffs attitude terrible,and we where made to feel uncomfortable.There where only seven English residents in the hotel,and it was quite clear that they did not cater in any way for these peoples needs.Would not recommend this hotel and will not be returning"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of July 2010

There is a real mix of comments on here...

Reviewed Thu 7th of August 2008

"There is a real mix of comments on here and other sites and I went with an open mind.

I took my 8 year old son on holiday last week and overall the hotel was good. I didn't expect too much considering how much it cost and I was quite pleased with my choice.

When we got there, all standard rooms were full and we were in a suite for a night which was ok. The room was a bit dated but it was huge and comfortable. The next morning we moved to our proper room which was bright and had a bath with a shower that didn't spray water everywhere!

The room was clean and comfortable although the hotel in general could do with modernisation. Alternate lift cars were having new motors which meant a bit of a wait but not too bad.

The staff were always friendly and helpful. We went to the Piano Bar and Nabil and Fadel looked after us really well. Very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was ok, we only generally had fruit but there was a wide variety on offer.

The pool was ok but towards the end of the week needed to be cleaned out more than once a day as there was a lot of grass etc in there.

The beachfront snack bar was good and we enjoyed a few lunches there.

Overall, it is not a 5 star hotel by any stretch of the imagination but, look at what it costs you!

But, it is worth the money that I paid, it is a good base, near the amusement park, the water park, the harbour and other local shops.

I would go back quite happily."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

Having previously been here in 2006 we f...

Reviewed Tue 4th of March 2008

"Having previously been here in 2006 we found the hotel has not changed at all. Although advertised as a 5 star i would put it at 4+. The food was excellent and the variety was good every night. The Accomodation although not luxurious was what we expected. This time of year unfortunately nothing is going on in the way of entertainment. We found the staff exceptionally good to us, albeit most were there in 2006.

Pool area is very good, met all requirements. 2mins to beach was also good. Major attraction is the Marina and restaurants around. All of good quality and not to dear.

All in all a nice quiet hotel (Not suited for Children)

Will go back again "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of March 2008

Relaxation

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"I was very worried about going to hannibal having booked it before reading the reviews. There was absolutely no need however as this hotel is a perfect get away for any one wanting to relax and soak up the sun. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and the hotel very clean. The hotel is a bit dated but it has a perfect location. This hotel is not suitable for party goers as it's a bit quiet."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Spotless Clean

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We have just returned from a week at The Hannibal Palace. The hotel staff were friendly and amenable.

The room was a good size and the bath room included a full bath.

We are vegetarian and we expected a restricted menu. However, the restaurant did cater for us. The vegetarian food available was comparable to other med resorts. The dining room was never crowded and no queues for the food.

The only concern I have was the lack of entertainment provided. We had to pay for the only show that week, however it was excellent.

I was suprised that we had to pay for the sun beds, but this is a sign of the times. I have been informed this is commomn place now. I suggest that as an alternative to a daily rate, a reduced weekly rate would be more feasible."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

My partner & I have stayed in Tunisia fo...

Reviewed Wed 4th of April 2007

"My partner & I have stayed in Tunisia for our main holidays for the last 5 years. Staying mostly in the Port El Kantaoui area. This year we chose to stay for a second time in the Hannibal Palace. Inside me I knew this was a mistake but could not remember why.

Reading every ones comments bought it all back to me and I am horrified to read that as far back as 2003 people were complaining about the same things: food /bland /tasteless/boring/cold (eggs: boiled/scrambled/omelette - only so many ways to cook an egg but 7DAYS a week).

Not enough Tunisian food... I know that they can do better because believe me I have been to OTHER hotels in the vicinity and enjoyed the food more. As for the service you should not have to tip to ensure you get service despite it being good or bad. TIPS should be REWARDS for GOOD SERVICE that you are happy with not a carrot to tempt them with.

The hotel I believe was opened back in 1977 and it needs updating badly - it rained whilst we were there (thunder storm rain) and there were leaks all round the reception/foyer area necessitating staff to run about trying to clear up the mess before guests were injured by falling. It may have been 5 star then but boy have those stars become tarnished now.

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Tired, shabby, outdated

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"If you believe in "You get what you pay for", beware the Hannibal Palace!

We booked a very very last minute holiday to Tunisia and knew that for the money we'd paid, we would be getting a 'cheap and cheerful' holiday. What we didn't baragin for was a '5 star hotel' which was at least twenty years in need of a refit. You only need to sit in the lobby for five minutes before the smell of mothballs overpowers you.

To cut a long story short, after changing rooms because of a noisy, smelly extractor fan outside the balcony, and after a breakfast which left a lot to be desired (in a room that makes 'Abigail's Party look 21st Century), we were so thoroughly depressed that we knew we had to move.

Luckily, the rep was great and really helpful, and after a couple of calls and a visit to a couple of hotels, we switched to the Royal Kenz, which was fantastic.

There is so much more I could say about the Hannibal, but my advice is spend just a little more and get a real 5 star holiday in a place like the Royal Kenz. If you don't agree, you only need to visit a couple of other hotels along the strip (the Marhaba Palace also looked good) to know that the Hannibal is in dire need of updating.

Having said all of that, we loved our week in Tunisia (when the sun shone!) and once we were settled, had the relaxing holiday we were after. We would certainly go back, but only to a hotel like the Royal Kenz."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

avoid at all costs

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"a very dated hotel that is rated 5star should be rated 2star the food is terrible luke warm and repetative, the staff keep change even when over £8 english they charge for sunbeds I cannot believe this in a five star hotel the priced changed for these on a daily basis when pre printed tickets were scribbled out and changed, the hotel towels were disgusting so grey that I would not have used them as floorcloths. The rep informed us during our stay that Med Hotels had withdrawn from this hotel because it has so many complaints from guests about the food quality. We stayed half board and ate out most of the time after looking at the poor quality available each evening."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I read all the reviews on this web site before we went, but after we had booked, so it was with some trepidation that we arrived. Quite honestly, i dont see what all the whinging is about. The hotel was quality; the staff could not have been more helpful; the restraunt food was very good, although a little restricted in choice, in the a la carte Aida, anyway.
Ive read some moaning about tipping and the pestering to get tourists into the locals shops.
Two comments here:
1. Tipping has become an accepted practice these days, blame the evil empire on the other side of the Atlantic. Why shouldn't the arabs expect the same? Anyway, you always have the right not to tip!!
2. The pestering. Come on, what do you expect? Tourists with money, then of course the locals are going to want to sell you something. They have families to feed as well. If you are not interested then the suggestion is to say 'No Thank You' firmly and politely.
A perfectly satisfying week at an excellent hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of February 2007

Hotels near El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel

Top traveller tips for El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel

• Bella by Bella

"love Tunisia not the Hotel "

• Robert O by Robert O

"enjoy what they have to offer if not right TELL THEM at the receotion they want you back "

El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel is also called