Would Recommend this hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Excellent hotel, staff very friendly, cant do enough for you. Rooms very clean. Stayed Jul 2007 with our 2 teenagers, 19 years & 17 years. Loads for them to do. Food very good. Make sure you request a room with a pool & sea view as the view from the wrong side of the hotel is pretty bad! We moved rooms the 2nd night because of this. Went on 3 cities tour, was very good. Also did Thomson Friday night show, havent laughed so much for ages! Would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Excellent Value For Money

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Stayed here for 2 weeks in July. Initially had mixed reservations about Tunisia & didn't build my hopes up too much. But what a surprise I had.
The Hotel was what I had expected from Riu, having stayed in them before. Emailed the hotel prior to departure & asked for a larger room if possible as there would be 3 of us sharing. Hotel came back & couldn't promise anything, however on arrival we had been alllocated a beautiful large room for the 3 of us. Everything spotlessly clean, & ample storage space. Only thing couldn't understand, no drinks in the fridge. Expected to see water & soft drinks as it was all inclusive. You have to buy bottle water & then fill up.
Staff all around the hotel absolutely brilliant. Food good. Only found the Tunisian evening disappointing. Hence didn't try the Tunisian restaurant which you have to make reservations for.

Plenty of sunbeds, although if you want to be around the pool had to be up by 6.30 to secure your spot!
Only real draw back to this hotel was the lack of decent evening entertainment. This was provided by the hotel entertainment crew, who I hasten to add work very hard & are not entirely to blaim for the poor shows. Surely a chain like Riu could at least put on once a week a professional show! Although we attended 2 shows, these where rather disappointing & we didn't bother after that. Ok for kids.
Enjoyed the walk on the beach into the resort, about 40 minutes. No hassle from the beach sellers, just say no & they stay away.
Went to the Medina in Sousse for the day & absolutley loved it.
Very cheap leather goods i.e. bags, shoes. Bought loads. No real hassle in the shops but be prepared to barter, all part of the fun! Only pick something up if you are really interested. A polite No, & a "thankyou for letting you look around their shop" seemed to suffice. Every Saturday, stall holders set up in the hotel grounds, I found these to be more hassle than in the Medina!
Went paragliding on the beach - great value.
After going to Turkey last year & being dissapointed with the locals & hotel staff I found this to be very refreshing. Locals a lot friendlier than I anticipated. Try & talk to them & they will talk back.
Taxis very cheap. Didn't eat out as the food in the hotel was very good & no-one had any upset tummies. All in all a very pleasant & surprising holiday destination which I will one day return."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

"I want to go to RIU!!!!"

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We had a great time! After the initial drama about our "sea view room" that wasn't very sea view (we were able to change rooms...as did a few other people we met) we were very happy.

The staff at this hotel were the friendliest and most attentive I have ever experienced in any hotel i've stayed at. The restaurant and bar staff in particular were awesome and genuinely wanted to make your stay enjoyable...I loved them so much I cried when we had to leave!

The hotel is really clean, lots of marble and lovely decor, i would say the lobby area was of a 5* standard, the rooms were very clean and everything you needed really without being negative I thought they would be more 'wow' from my initial impression of the hotel.

If the "I want to go to RIU" and the fun and games throughout the day doesn't put a smaile on your face then I don't know what will...this place can be as relaxing or on the go as you want. The animation team worked hard and the kids there seemed to be having a great time.

Food wise there is plenty of choice, the bread and salad was my favourite....there is something for everyone. You can have lunch inside or at the pool bar. They have a themed night 3 times a week (Italian, tunisian and fish whilst we were there) with petals on the tables flowers and they make the dining room really romantic. We tried to have propper meals there rather than putting a mish mash on your plate...would recommend that at an all inclusive otherwise your meal will be a bit messed up! We met a couple who have been to Tunisia 27 times and they said it's the best food they've had there! There is a tunisian restaurant there were you can try traditional tunisian cusuine and we spent a nice eveing in there too.

Pool area is nice and good sized pool, although we found the talk of the holiday seemed to be the issue of getting a sunbed!! Some people were up every morning really early putting towels down! (I mean early as in 5.30am!!!)

We had a lovely time at the Bellevue and after our first experience of a RIU hotel we would certainly go to one again."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007