sea view suite

sexually assaulted in spa

Reviewed 18th May 2015

"Sexually assaulted by the masseur in the spa man got 12 months in prison not the 6 months we were told he would get because he had been reported for improper conduct in the past. Thank you Riu for ruining my holiday the horrible attitude of your staff and I am still waiting for an apology."

• Travel date: 16th May 2015

Nice Holiday

Reviewed 9th September 2013

"Returned end of August from Bellevue Park. Had a lovely holiday but was disappointed that we had to wait 2 hours for our room as we arrived before 12 which is check-out time. When we got our room which was very comfortable with a lovely view, it hadn't been cleaned properly. The toilet hadn't been touched and there was dust and hair behind the bedside tables. There were stains on the bed cover and when I requested a sheet change after week 1, it wasn't done. If you want a sun bed you have to be up at 5am to put a towel down or tip the corrupt pool man who will save some for you. Apart from that, we had a great holiday and would definitely return. We did have a problem with ants in our room but only towards the end of the second week so didn't complain. Food was hot and well cooked and we did get a bit bored of it but waiting staff were very friendly and table all ready for when you got there. Animation team brilliant although evening shows very poor but hey, we didn't care. "

• Travel date: 8th September 2013

Great Hotel With Lovely Staff

Reviewed 10th April 2012

"This was our 3rd visit to the Bellevue Park and will be going back again. It is a perfect holiday at this time of year. Not to crowded and the weather was nice. We didn't like the room we had been allocated but asked at reception and got another room with no fuss and it was lovely. The food was very good with lots of variety. The entertainment was great especially the drag show. Very funny.There have been a few changes from last year now no waiter service and the beer glasses seem much smaller. We took our ipad but the wifi in the hotel was very expensive so we went to the port to get a sim card and it only cost about £14 and we were told it would last 4weeks. Overall a great holiday."

• Travel date: 10th April 2012

excellent hotel and staff

Reviewed 14th July 2011

"we have just returned, from our second visit to this hotel,we are a family of four, two children (twins) aged 12. we returned to the hotel because we were so happy with it last year, nothings changed really, still a really clean well run hotel. food quality is excellent, no kids could be more fussy eaters than mine, but the selection is such they always had something to eat every meal time.all the staff from reception, to cleaners to bar staff ect are really freindly, and they work from very early till very late, but always smile and help in any way they can. pool area and pools really good, sunbed men excellent. the beach just 100 yards from pool is white sand and very nice too. i would have rated it a 10 out of ten like last year but i believe it does have an issue.....entertainment, not the animation team, they were all great and really put the effort in, but they really need some external acts worthy of a hotel of this standing if you are adult and happy to just sit and chat after your evening meal, or have very young children who will be in bed by 8 then fine, but there is nothing for anyone in between. overall though we have had a great holiday and i would send my thanks to all the staff, and lara the rep is always available. thinking of going ?? then go i dont think you would be dissapointed."

• Travel date: 11th July 2011

good hotel

Reviewed 27th August 2010

"the hgotel is amazing the staff are brilliant when we couldnt get in to our room the made on floor 3 helped us get in activaties to are tennis bowls gym in door pool ping pong but if your on the right hand side your next to air conditioning vents when theres a problem just ask this lady called sophie lots of trips to go on but lots of fun and if u mess about with the nakins the weighters come over and show u how to do some stuff with nakins"

• Travel date: 27th August 2010

Our fourth time

Reviewed 6th October 2010

"going back to the riu bellevue park in Jan 2011, this will be our fourth time in the hotel. We absolutley love it... its like our second home. We feel so comfortable there. Hotel is spotless and the foot fantastic. The staff are great, very friendly and cant do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble for them. Weather in Jan is like our english summer so can easily sit around the pool sipping cocktails!!! i reccommend the sunset and creme de cacoa. The animation team are great and so funny and always includde everyone ad mak sure they are having a good time. Bar staff are great and never want to see you without a drink. went to el jem and monistir and kairoaun on trip was fantastic day really reccomend it. included in this is a meal in a five star hotel. i would say that this hotel is five star as opposed to its 4 star rating and you definatley get the five star treatment with flowers on your pillow and on your table at evening meal. Superb!!!! Kirsty and Sue Birkenhead "

• Travel date: 20th August 2010

our 1st holiday together

Reviewed 17th August 2010

"we wwnt on holiday on the 14 july 2010 came home 28 july 2010 had a fantastic time, cant fault this hotel at all, staff was great animation was great.. very clean hotel, food was lovely.. going back there next year sa we had such a wonderful time, this time were taking 2 kids aged 5 and 12, the kids club was brilliant what we saw, plenty for them to do... watch this space as i;ll be writing a review next year !!!Rob and Sharon... doncaster"

• Travel date: 16th August 2010

Excellent resort, great atmosphere, perfect choice for a great holiday.

Reviewed 12th July 2010

"Me and my husband visted Bellevue Park from the 23rd-30th June 2010. I can honestly say it was the best holiday either of us have ever had. The hotel is amazing and is the perfect choice for couples of all ages or families. The hotel is child friendly and caters for children of all ages. We dont have children yet but when we do we will definatly consider the Bellevue as a place to holiday. Upon arriving at the hotel the staff are all very friendly and provide a welcome meeting explaining how everything works for dinner, towel cards etc (this is in addition to the welcome meeeting by Thomson). There is food provided throughout the day and there are always cleaners cleaning the rooms and the hotel grounds and buildings - 100% the cleanest hotel I have ever been to. The pool and pool area are always clean, we didnt see 1 cockroach or mosquito the whole holiday and the animation team provide activities from morning till night for both kids and adults. Everyone is super friendly and can not do enough for you - there is an on site shop which is good for any last minute bits that youve forgotton and it is reasonably priced. Although the Tunisian currency is a closed currency the exchange rate currently is 2.1 to the pound and everything including local food and alcohol is reasonably priced. My husband paid £1.50 for a beer! Would definatly recommend this hotel it is in the perfect location (directly on the beach) - is by far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, the staff are always more than happy to help and cost wise it is excellent value for money. My husband and I couldn't believe it wasn't 5 star. I would recommend venturing out for dinner as the all inclusive buffet style dinner isnt great for fussy eaters like me (but this is the same wherever you go). The only reason I rated this 8 out of 10 is because the food for me(as a fussy eater) could have been better - there isnt much choice for vegatarians. Also the air conditioning units in the rooms arent very powerful which meant coming back at night to a boiling hot room was a bit unbearable. I can imagine in July/August time this would be a real issue but for us we ended up giving up on the air con and sleeping with the balcony door open. The above aside I would still revisit this hotel and would recommend June as the perfect time to go."

• Travel date: 3rd July 2010

WISH I WAS BACK !

Reviewed 10th March 2010

" Just spent a week at this Hotel ( 21st - 28th Feb 2010 ) Myself and friend ( 2 females ) got a good deal on a Thomson Platinum A/I - Only concern i had was in regard to the weather after reading reviews on the weather in Feb - and finding out it was their Winter and the rainy Season . Packed a mixture of clothes for all weather but glad to say we had it good all week and we were able to sunbathe in our bikini's & came home with a brilliant tan . Hotel & Staff were excellent - 1st rate - so friendly and professional - from the moment we arrived till the time we left they couldn't do enough for us . We only ventured out once as we felt so comfy in the Hotel . I've had many Holidays but this was the first Holiday that the Manager made himself known to you at the welcome meeting and mingled with you throughout the day with a friendly chat - The Hotel wasn't busy - about 300 guests - which rises to over 1000 in high Season - Staff and management knew us by name and barstaff were pouring our drinks when they seen us coming - can't fault anything - we had a really enjoyable time - so much so that we plan to go back . "

• Travel date: 2nd March 2010

Fantastic....but beware!!!

Reviewed 29th September 2009

"We holidayed in this hotel in June of this year and had such a fantastic time that we went back again August. We were a party of 6 including myself, my husband, my daughter and her friend and our 2 sons. The hotel is second to none cleanliness, food included and the staff can't do enough for you.....this is where i need you to take note. There is an animation team who as previous reviewershave said work their sock off to provide day and night long entertainment for all ages (especially 16 - 25 year old girls). As said earlier they are all very friendly and seem genuine so when one in paricular asked my daughter and her friend out for "coffee" we did not object and true enough they were gone half hour to the cafe opposite the hotel. This became a regular occurence and at the end of the holiday they all swapped mobile numbers.........Yes you've guessed it thats where our troubles started. Upon arrivng home we have been inundated with phone calls and text messages asking for money for his family, of course we have said "NO WAY" but then you get the "I love you, i want you to meet my family", Fortunatley for us my daughter is level headheaded and not foolish enough to believe she is the only one he says and does this too but i think you ought to be warned in case you too are taken in by his friendship. Other than the "pest" (long hair, ponytail, plays volleyball) then you will have a fanastic time, if Mundo (chief entertainer) has any sense he will terminate his contract so that other visitors do not feel hassled next year, we had booked to return June 2010 but feel no option to transfer our booking to another resort or indeed country. "

• Travel date: 29th September 2009

superb hotel

Reviewed 15th September 2009

"The hotel and all of the staff were great. It was our first visit to Tunisia and it was a real pleasure. The hotel made the holiday. The food was great lots of choice very well presented with several main course dishes cooked infront of the guests. It was varied and always had something to tempt the British palate The staff were always smiling, polite and very helpful The rooms were spotlessly clean and the maids often made an effort with flowers on the bed little designs with the covers etc. Little touches to make things special. The hotel position right on the beach was ideal. The beach was very clean with water sport facilities a stone's throw away. You're not pestered in any way shape or form around the hotel its only when you venture into the markets that you're approached but a straight 'no thank you' is all that's needed. There's an Animation Team who work there socks off to provide activities throughout the day to keep the kids happy The only negative for me was the night time entertainment which was a bit lacking for adults to my mind but nothing to really complain about All in all great hotel, great location, great food, great time, would definitely go back. "

• Travel date: 10th September 2009

amazing

Reviewed 14th August 2009

"went away with my husband and my two kids ages 15 and 17 years. best holiday ever!!!!!!!!. Beach is brilliant with loads of watersports for such a cheap price:) hotel is very beautiful, with very good service and such a wide choice of food. if you tip the pool man , he will reserve the same sun beds for you, so no need to get up early. entertainment team work really hard, with a wide choice of day time activitys for everybody:) ONE THING TO STAY AWAY FROM, HENNA TATOO'S. me and my kids have never had a problem with henna tatoos before, and get them every year when we go away. However when we got henna tatoos done in tunisia this year,we all had a reaction. they itched burnt and are eating into our skin. Not Good!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: 14th August 2009

Hotels near lti Bellevue Park

Top traveller tips for lti Bellevue Park

• by Dogfriendly

"Any problems will be dealt with. Expect a wait for your room if you arrive before 12pm."

• by Happy Pensioners

"Take a travel kettle and tea bags"

• by rosie

"must go, its fantastic"

• by Donna & Dawn - Scotland

"you have to try out the Spa - £25 for a full body massage "

• by Wolvertons

"El Jem.....Roman Ampitheatre"

• by Wolvertons

"Lovely place, cheap and plenty to do and see"

lti Bellevue Park is also called

• Riu Bellevue Park ClubHotel
  • riu clubhotel bellevue park hotel