About SENTIDO Le Sultan

• evening entertainment
  • adult pool

quiet and relaxing

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"arrived at le sultan on 30/09/12 for a two week stay all/inc,wasnt sure about this hotel from reading other reviews we normally go to turkey,it was our 30th wedding anniversary so was hoping for something a little special.arrived just after 9pm dining room was closed but reception staff made sure we got something to eat after we checked in,reception area is nice like most hotels in tunisia,our room on 3rd floor was a sea view room with balcony,which included 2 sun loungers,table and chairs,and large umbrella,handy if you wanted to sunbathe privatly,the room was very clean and kept that way all time we were there.towels were changed regulary,pity the mini bar in the room was empty,being all/inc they could have filled it with water,and soft drinks.food was edible always hot but a bit repetative,fair selection of drinks all which had to be signed for which took time as the waiters werent the quickest ive seen,but were charming most of the time.nice gardens watered daily,beach was about 50 to 60 yards to the right of gardens reached by a small walkway,didnt use it much as was allways hassled by guys trying to sell you you cheap cigarettes etc.we found all the staff very nice and allways willing to help ,with the exception of the maitre de in dinning room who never seemed to talk with the guests only the staff,the spa is very nice lots of treatments available,including teeth whitning,£100 takes about 1 hour,plastic surgery,and botox,none of which i tried,wife had a relaxant tonic massage 45dt about £18.00 for 30 mins said she felt great after it,no a la carte bit of a let down..they do have horse riding in the grounds with well kept horses,outside the hotel was dirty rubbish everywhere,just a few shops 5 in all..all selling the same stuff..taxis were cheap and on the meter,to go to yasmine hammamet where the marina and nice shops are will cost about 10dt £4.00 well worth it as there is nowhere ouside the hotel to go for a walk..animation team tried there best but some of the shows were awfull,
they were however very good with the kids..all in all quite a good holiday got the sun tan i went for as it was exceptionly hot this year in oct.would i go back ? to tunisia yes to le sultan no "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2012

Great Beach Vacation

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Hotel Le Sultan exceeded our expectations.

The staff was friendly and eager the please.

The lobby and rooms were well decorated and clean.

The pool and beach were well maintained and picturesque.

The buffet breakfast and dinner selections were tasty and well priced.

Overall this hotel is a great value and a good choice for a beach getaway. We enjoyed watching the sunset from our balcony."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of October 2008

Excellent 7 Day break

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Hotel was extremely good. Good 4/5 star. Staff friendly and helpful and speak good English so as the cleaning staff. I had read previous reviews and they are not worthy of reading. Myself, husband and 3 year old enjoyed our 7 day stay. Food was of an extremely high standard, varied meals each lunch and evening, hot food. Waiters prompt and friendly to us. Children's club excellent, varied and safe environment and it was normally held outside on the hotel grounds. My son loved it and cried on the last day. Amelia, I think is the ladies name, was patient and very good with the children and she was multi lingual. Rooms were cleaned everyday and sufficient for our needs. Do go to the marina and walk around the area. Shops/supermarkets are close by. Hotel gift shop not very good value for money. Also we found out that the souvenior shops in Sousse were over priced and you got great deals from the local shops - so beware of the markets. We booked Half board and lunch was an extra 20 TD per person and 10TD for my son. A week is sufficient. There is a cash point machine within the hotel. Cold buffet on arrival as we were on a late flight in and they even changed our room at my request, booked a twin but beds didn't fit together. Entertainment wasn't of a high standard but good for our needs. We would definitely book again."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

Satisfied but not surprised

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Here on Tripadvisor I saw hotel Le Sultan as the 3rd hotel in the town of Hammamet, so I booked it for a week. As you can read in my Title, I am satisfied but not thrilled. Let's start with the compliments. The Sultan is a good luxurious hotel, ideally located right at the sea(no distance). The rooms are spotless, the pool is nice and the animators do great work. The buffet is varied enough for each to find something good.

On the other hand there were some things to frown about. First of all, the waiters in the restaurant were not the friendliest of men, often looking grim and not exactly mindful of their guests. Second, I thought that there was more choice to eat next to the buffet and you guessed it, I was wrong. The minibar in the room was not filled(you could at least put some water or softdrinks in the minibar for guests who have all-inclusive) and in our room we could have used a simple leaflet to explain us about the hotel where we were staying(we searched in vain)

For a hotel like le Sultan the competition is fierce in hoteloverflooded Hammamet. And a name I know very well is Iberostar(I stayed in Iberostar Puerto Plata-Costa Dorada). When I booked I doubted a long time between Sultan and any of the 4 Iberostar hotels, and afterwards wished I would have decided differently. Because they have so many hotels, they have a more appealing concept in which at least all my negative points were avoided. I guess I am both spoiled and biased, but my recommendation would go to an Iberostar hotel, when somebody asks me for my opinion. Iberostar Solaria is my tip in Hammamet. Maybe the Sultan will learn from my evaluation-form.
Le Sultan, a good hotel, nothing less, but not the best in town!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

If your going to Le sultan, dont worry you have picked a good one!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Myself, my partner and my five year old son have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. It was our first visit to Tunisia and after reading some good and some bad reviews, we were unsure of what to expect. Especially as some of the drop offs onthe transfer looked a little dodgy! However, Le Sultan was the last drop and we were very pleasantly surprised. The pictures on the website dont do it justice. The whole hotel is immaculate and the staff are welcoming and very friendly. The rooms were spotless and the whole place had a very relaxed feeling. We were staying on a half board basis and having a rather fussy eater in our party, didnt really expect to find much for him to eat, but the food was superb and the choice plentiful. They rarely did the same thing twice and the food really could not be faulted. I have stayed in some very nice hotels in Egypt but would have to say that Le Sultan buffet was the best I have experienced on holiday anywhere. The pool area was very nice although we were told that the months of July and August are very busy and some queing in the restaurant etc does happen but we did not experience this on our stay. We did go down to the beach which was pretty but there was often large waves and a strong undercurrent so probably not ideal for children to paddle but this did not affect our holiday and the waves were great to watch! There are a couple of shops within very easy walking distance that sell the usual bits and pieces and they are good for a browse and the shop keepers are friendly without being pushy. To sum up, great weather, great service, nice people and a lovely hotel. We are already planning our next visit."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2008

A week at Le Sultan

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I have just come back from a week at Le Sultan with a group of about 20 British travellers.The hotel was clean and spacious and the buffet style restaurant very good. There were no problems with the range and variety of food on offer-it was all of a high standard. No one in the group had any tummy problems which is always a good sign.The hotel caters mainly for French groups with few Brits there. Staff were helpful although a bit laid back.
The rooms were spacious and very clean- with good bathrooms.Outside there was a lovely pool -although a bit chilly in May plus an indoor pool.Also noted good disabled access.
The beach is quite narrow and not great for swimming.
Certainly one of the more attractive hotels in Hammamet."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of May 2008

Survived to write about it

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I stayed here for an entire week in September 2007 with my company for a week long conference. The welcome was warm but it went down here from there. But let's start with Pros first. the hotel looks very nice. The rooms surround a beautiful central pool. The rooms were also very clean and decent with not much to complain about there. But the Cons out weighed the Pros. The food was HORRIBLE. All the guests eat at set times through out the day. If you miss these times, well... go find food on your own outside of the hotel. The food that was served was cheap tasting and sometimes barely edible. The hotel has no restaurant.... let me repeat... no restaurant. I ordered room service once and it was basically the prior day's left over bread cut in half with a few slices of left over luncheon meat. The service was ATROCIOUS. They were also openly ANTI-AMERICAN and chauvanistic. Despite one's personal feels about world politics, hotel staff should not be taking their personal hatred of America out on hotel guests. The front desk said America was the "couintry that kills people" and refused to help us dial out of Tunisia. One food server also offered to buy one of co-workers with a few of his camels. Pretty funny, but my co-worker felt insulted. This hotel is situated on a beach that's nothing to rave about. The male staff also never stopped gauking at our female workers the entire time there."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

Dont Worry - This is a Lovely Hotel, Great Staff & Good Food.

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Just returned yesterday from a lovely 2 week break at the Le Sultan.

Lets take it in steps....

1. Hotel Location
This is about 5 minutes outside of Hammamet, which is great as Hammamet 'town' is not the most relaxing place. The taxi ride costs about 3 dinars max (add 50% after 9.00pm for all taxi fares) which is just over a pound.
There isnt much around the hotel, which is what you get if you want a hotel+resort set up, rather than a hotel that merely provides accomadation in town. We visted the 5 star Sindbad in Hammamet town, and thought the Le Sultan was much, much better in its layout.
The hotel has sweeping panoramic views of the coast, visible from its picture perfect terrace, that leads down to the swimming pool and then finally down to the beach (about 8 steps). The beach is sandy and is not divided from frontage from the other hotels.
The old medina in Hammamet is full of shops selling tourist tat - the will try to drag you in - worth a glimpse but wouldnt spend much time unless you like hassle. Some people we met went on an excusion to another town and were hissed it - suggest avoid non-cosmopolitan non-tourist areas. Tunisans we met at the hotels were great - very sunny disposition.

2. Hotel
You've seen the pictures...thats what it looks like in real life. It has a really nice contemporary european/chill out feel to it with modern furniture and fittings. There is an outside pool AND an inside pool, a small gymn, a jacuzzi, a childrens playground. All fine.

3. Rooms
We were upgraded (without even asking) to a suite so i cant comment on the standard rooms..as it was just out of season. Cleaned daily and well. Great views out to the Med Sea, with a large balcony. Bathrooms great, would put most Brit b/rooms to shame - very contemporary, baths have shower attachments with good pressure. Built in hair dryers. One down side - i thought the mattress was rock hard - though it could be me as my wife didnt complain as much as i did.

4. Food.
We were on b&b but dined in the hotel about 5 times as we didnt rate the food in Hammamet town (mostly down market) and the best restaurants there are fish-orientated which didnt suit us but is great otherwise.
The restaurant food in the evenings was superb - a mixture of very good tunisan cusine - lots of different and expensive meats, couscous, fish, steak, probably 8-10 main dishes to choose from, and good choice of starters as well. I love my food and thought the restaurant was great - priced at only 20 dinars a meal each (about £8) it was great value.
Breakfast reasonable but not lavish, more than adequate, cereals, salds, usual breads, croissants, hot food - omelattes, scrambled egg, poached egg, sausages, etc.
We also dined at the Sinbad Hotel a couple of times - that was good too, its meant to be 5 star but we couldnt see the difference.
The 'new medina' i Hammet Yasmine - a disney style recreation - also serves food too and we took a tip out to there - we didnt rate it, it takes 20+ minutes to get there and they really tout for your custom, a couscous royale main meal will cost around 20 dinars alone, whereas the Le Sultan does it all for the same with buffet style with guaranteed quality.

5. Staff
Took me a little while to get into the relaxed holiday mode before i realised that they are slightly laid back, as opposed to slow, and that I was probably a little edgy to start with. There is a guy there called Mounir, who mans the desk - total profesisonal. You need to ask them about excursions as they not particuarly proactive in trying to sell you things.
The animantion(entertainment) every evening was fantastic - they have their own in house team who are very talented - the best Michael Jackson impersonaiton I have seen.

Overall:
A gem

Would I go Back?
Absolutely."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of November 2007

Really great hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"As other reviews here mention, this hotel is well equipped, luxurious and is obviously one of the higher-quality hotels in the area – a quick walk up the beach confirms this. Although we traveled in November, when you’d expect the hotel and staff to be winding down, never did this seem the case. The lobby is impressive, the rooms are simple but contain all that you’d need, and the sea-view rooms have balconies that look over an impressive vista. Regarding the food, this was always of a high quality, and strangely for an all-inclusive type set-up, was never repetitive.

Drawbacks would only be the sub-zero temperature of the outdoor pool, the fact that broadband access is charged, the lack of contents in the minibars, and the constant staring from 50% of the male staff at any female – I know Tunisia is famous for this, but you’d think in a busy hotel the male staff would get used to western woman, but apparently not, the spa staff in particular were relentless.

This isn’t reason enough for not staying here, it’s very annoying after a couple of days, but all in all Le Sultan is perfect for those looking to relax away from the normal package-holiday types."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2007

Great experience, food could have been better

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Le Sultan is an absolutely beautiful hotel! The lobby and recreation areas are breathtaking as well as the view! The rooms are even better, and very well decorated. Extremely comfortable. Both pool and access to the beach, with activities like horseback riding, archery, water polo, aquagym, and chances to board a pirate ship for a day long boat cruise!! The only drawback to this hotel is the food. It was terrible. Overpriced buffet. It was something to eat, but certainly not the quality I would have expected from such a gorgeous hotel. The chef really needs to get his act together. Lunch is very good, but dinner needs work."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

A good one for sure

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 12 days, and aside from a few kinks, it was a nice stay.

The front desk people were nice, and efficient. We were greeted with complimentary drinks upon arrival, and throughout our stay everyone was helpfull.

The wait was staff a bit slow, but friendly. Sometimes it was easier to get our own forks and knives, but that was mainly because we were always in a rush.

Cleaning done on time end with daily change of towels and sheets. My PJ's were always nicely arranged on my bed, and the maid made sure she chatted with us every morning for a minute and asked us if everything was OK and if we slept well.

Rooms were nicely decorated and clean with a great and quite big terrace. There was even a cnadle in the room (maybe in case of power outages?) which we used when sitting on the terrace. It seemed thou as they only have single beds, that are pushed together to form a double.

The business center at the hotel is very basic - two computers and an iffy internet connection. It is far better to go into the Publitel office on the Garre Hammamet street. The hotel charges 6 TND for 30 min. which is way too much.

I would not recommend eating at the hotel, except for maybe breakfast. The food, thou abundant, is quite bland.

One thing that dissapointed me totally was the spa. The hammam was a bit dirty looking, and the massage I got left me with bruises. My pedicure was totally useless, as the girl barely got any of the dead skin off. Later on I got a call saying that I had to pay an additional 15 TND (about 13USD) for getting a french polish.

Upon checking out we had a nice surprise - we ended up paying less per room then was originally quoted us.

Overall a good experience."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

Hotels near SENTIDO Le Sultan

Top traveller tips for SENTIDO Le Sultan

• john51 by john51

"take a few good books to read, as tv has only one english speaking channell cnn news "

SENTIDO Le Sultan is also called