Good
Good

unwelcoming

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"arrived to a dirty room after travelling all night. reception staff were rude and told us it was our fault because we were early but we were on time. On another occasion we were told to 'shoo' and find the maid when we were locked out of out room. The waiters were rude to us and we felt unwelcome, they frequently took the mikey out of my english accent when i ordered a drink. They seemed to have no time for us as we were just a young couple and unlikely to leave big tips. There were were very few english guests. The food and entertainment was not catered towards english guests. We were served raw chicken one evening and last nights vegetables for breakfast. The standards were low. On the other hand the pool staff were great and got us doing aerobics and water polo. the pool and beach were nice. I wouldn't choose to go back to this hotel or resort."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

we went on holiday as 2 adults and 2 chi...

Reviewed Sun 20th of July 2008

"we went on holiday as 2 adults and 2 children. when we first arrived we were offered a free drink but it was a bit bitter. we got checked in to our room. when we went in to our room i was surprised at how clean the room was, It had 2 single beds and 1 double bed, tv and bathroom. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the beds were changed also everyday. In the day time there is lots of entertainment like water polo, water baskerball and water gymnastics. There is also little competitions like basket ball etc and it is just not for kids its for everyone. The food is great at dinner time and breakfast. There is always a menu at dinner and breakfast so you know what there is going to be. Everynight there is different entertainment on and at the start of every show the entertainment group gives out certificets for the people who won the competitions. when the music comes on they get you to clap your hands ans it is great fun the shows are always great. At the end of every show they get everyone up to dance to the song follow the leader it is fantastic. My kids loved this holiday. I would recomend this holiday for everyone and it doesnt matter what age you are.
I hope veryone agrees with me on this holiday and i hope you try out this hotel because you will have the time of your life . Thank you"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Hi my family and i have just returned fr...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"Hi my family and i have just returned from one of the best holidays ever! We stayed in the Mediteranee hotel in Hammamet. The hotel was lovely and the staff were sooooo friendly making sure we were going to enjoy ourselves:) Our room was cleaned everyday and the maid fixed r pjs and sheets in a different design everyday. The entertainment was 1st class from morning to night. The hotel is right on the beach and all the water sports r free all day long for everyone! Class! There was so much on my kids were so happy and content the whole two weeks. I will def. return next year and hopefully every year after. I would recommend this hotel and Tunisia to everyone! Only minor issue i had were the majority of french guests were very ignorant and rude to english speaking people! This was not a major issue though STUFF THEM!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

This hotel was advertised as a 4 star on...

Reviewed Wed 15th of February 2006

"This hotel was advertised as a 4 star on the site where I booked my holiday and it didn't warrant that rating. The location of the hotel is great, just out of town (about 2 kilometres) and the gardens lead right out on to a wonderful, sandy beach. There are two outdoor pools and the indoor pool is really excellent. Tennis courts and patanque are also available.

The cleanliness of the room wasn't great and the bathroom had sharp edges to some of the tiling and it was poorly put together. Linen was not changed for the entire week I stayed at the hotel and though the room was spacious and reasonably comfortable, I've spent much better nights in a Travel Inn. The hotel suffered a water shut-down/failure for about 5 hours on one day with nothing at all flowing from any taps.

Food was always buffet style with no option to dine a la carte, which was disappointing. Restaurant staff were friendly and helpful, though the only person to speak English was the head waiter, so if you visit, it's best to have French or Italian as a second language to get any service, particularly from the front desk.

Most striking about the Hotel Mediteranee, certainly in February, is that the average age of the guests is well over 70. The hotel seems to be a popular destination for French and Italian pensioners. This means that mealtimes are very jolly and animated, but it's not a destination for clubbers and those not keen on the elderly."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

Hotels near Mediterranee Thalasso Golf

Top traveller tips for Mediterranee Thalasso Golf

• sandybeach12 by sandybeach12

"no night life, pushy local sales people "

Mediterranee Thalasso Golf is also called