Good

Just came back from Tunisia. Royal Nozha...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"Just came back from Tunisia. Royal Nozha hotel was good choice. Very clean and big rooms, staff was very nice. Food was good and drinks too. I would recommend to come to this hotel in season as we have missed it and therefore the beach grill snack bar was closed. You could only get the drinks on the beach.

Hotels pool was lovely and clean, but we have spent more time on the beach.

Beach was clean and water was beautiful and clear only about 100meters from the hotel.
we would like to go there again sometime.....

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

Stayed at The Royal Nozha Hotel for 1 we...

Reviewed Fri 4th of July 2008

"Stayed at The Royal Nozha Hotel for 1 week and enjoyed very minute of it.

The staff were second to none, were so attentive yet discreet. The food was lovely, plenty of selection and different options every day.

Housekeeping was excellent, the bedrooms are large and immaculate.

The local beer was drinkable, however there was not a great deal of choice included in the all inclusive package. The option to pay for alternative drinks were given.

I would certianly recommend this hotel to everyone!!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

Holiday from hell,Not quiet

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"Holiday from hell, not quite.
Like many I use the internet to research where I go for my well deserved holiday, the Nozha Beach seemed to have some good reviews, Thomson’s recommended this to us after our original booking was altered, so off we went to Tunisia for the first time.
Arrival, dropped at hotel, no rep on the bus! No Welcome pack, taken to the room, we’d asked for a sea view and where given a view of a path (general access for all to the beach) our friends who where with us received a room with a view of the tennis court (they moved to another room the next day, Coco Beach springs to life at 11:30pm it was like sleeping in a disco).
The room we had wasn’t the best we’d been in nor the worst, like the rest of the hotel its seen better days, when you talked to other guests everyone had some sort of problem.
The food, I was laid low for 2 days, couldn’t face food, my wife got the tummy bug twice, however the choices were ok most days, my kids ate pasta and bread for the 2 weeks as did many others, having said that they always do this when in the “med” resorts.
All inclusive as stated before by others its not. Snack bar hopeless (pancakes ok) the doughnuts you pay before 4pm then there included, ice cream is only available between 3-6pm.
Drink, you will not get drunk, the beer is cack, the spirits the same, soda ok real coke fanta, there were queues at the bar but nothing excessive.
Entertainment very good they do there best to get you involved, the songs will drive you nuts still in my head now……
Outside the hotel not a lot, to the right there’s a few shops, the locals will hassle you be firm they soon get the message and can be a laugh. The little kids selling flowers on a stick follow you just say no, again they get the message.
The staff, in the restaurant they were great, very friendly, the bar staff were ok with us, its amazing what some coins in a saucer can do!
Overall bearable if I’d paid full price I’d have left the next day, but we didn’t so we lived with it, would I go back to Tunisia yes, to this hotel no.
Also note while we were there, there was a lot of room break ins, someone was caught in the act and the burglaries stopped, Thomson’s will have a lot of angry customers in the next few weeks.
Hi to all the people we met.
Alan"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Holiday From Hell.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"My family and I arried at our destination in the early hours of the morining. As we stepped off the coach, the air was crisp and fresh and the swealting heat was wonderful!. The staff were freindly and we were greeted with smiling, happy faces. (Probably smiling because they knew what we were in for!). The staff were great!. However now I will move onto the hotel. This king' hell hole shouldn't even be called a hotel!. after spending two weeks in this dump my family and I were happy to be on a nice clean plane on our way home. Firstly, the food was vile!. There were bugs of all kinds crawing all over the tables and food. If you are a fan of you're food you will get miracously skinny by the end of your stay here. If you have children with you who enjoy swimming, I strongly suggest to NOT allow them to swim in the disgusting pool. It was unclean and polluted with junk. Do not walk around bare-footed, the path's were filled with cracks and were uneven. The rooms looked pretty nice from a distance. However the bed sheets were filthy with stains. I advise you to not leave anything of value in the room. My child's Nintendo went missing. The air conditioning in our room was broken and you cannot get a cold bottle of water after 12am!. At night the room was filled with a dozen and a half mosketoes and creepy crawlies. If you have children or teenagers with you, I strongly suggest getting your money back.. I am extreamly angy with what this pathetic excuse of a hotel has turned out to be like after having so many good reviews. I will never be returning!.

If your used to you're 4/5 star standard hotels, I suggest you get you're money back before its too late.

Overall, the best thing about this hotel is You'll lose weight."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

Unbelievable

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"that's what I think of the positive reviews given by some about this hotel.
We've just come back from our holiday and, apart from the lovely British families we met, I'd have to say it's the worst one yet.
The internet pictures of this hotel on the Thomson website were totally misleading and were taken from it's sister hotel the Royal Nozha which was situated 100 yards up the road. I know because I, and a number of disgusted other families, had to be moved there for the duration of our holiday.
The Nozha Beach has been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair and doesn't look as though anyone has a mind to do anything about it. The pool bar staff were obnoxious and the staff on the reception desk unhelpful.
The family room booked by me comprised of a dull, shabby room with a leaking toilet and only 2 single beds! I was subsequently moved to another dingy room but, at least, the toilet didn't leak and it had an extra bed.
I had booked an 'All Inclusive' option but found that the main lounge bar refused to serve me unless I paid and ice creams etc. could only be had between 3pm and 6pm!
My holiday torment continued when I had food poisoning and had to undergo 3 days of bed rest, injections and medication followed by having to buy meals in the bars across the road to ensure I didn't fall ill again.
Don't be mislead by earlier reviews as this is not a place to enjoy your holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Should be Demolished

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We saw this beautifully pictured hotel, and read raving reviews, so we booked, I would like to know who wrote the reviews and how low their standards are?

When we arrived we were greated by miserable staff, they were arogant and rude, the rooms were disgusting, dirty and not cleaned on a regular basis, the food appalling, the entertainment I felt was extremely inappropriate with children being around.

The best thing about this hotel - LEAVING IT

On a plus side, the beach was lovely.

If you have booked to go there, see if you can get your money back or change to another destination."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

horror hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"my family and myself have just returned from 2 weeks of hell.all inclusive what a joke.snacks from 3.00 pm onlt until 6 pm consisting of cold left over pizza and pancakes.ice cream if you were lucky.4 of us in one single room.food for english no existent.kids fading away with hunger.pool side toilets wading through ankle deep waste.pool side tiles cracked and broken.childrens feet cut constently.only allowed water in a bottle if going to the beach.no fridge in room or chance of a water after midnight in temperatures of 40 degrees and over.both kids suffered ear infections from dirty pool water.diarohea every day.room bare wires filthy soiled bed linen.met a honeymoon couple after one day trying to get a flight home.the hotel is like a dated 1960s butlins but not quite up to scratch.completely devasted saved up all year.only bonus what fantastic people we met.hi to tierry henri and family.jeff mushroom and tracey from wales.lorraine and allan and kids scotland.emma and dowie and lauren wales.and many more all trying to keep a stiff upper british lip.this hotel should be rated a minus 4 star.thomson reps should stay there themselves for a week to write a correct review
not reccomended if you have standards.staff fantastic but couldnt
compensate for the hotel.think again if you have booked this hotel especially if you have kids.

paula and jeff flynn and jay mosley wigan."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

a true account............

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"we chose this hotel after reading the reviews on the internet.

we arrived in the early hours of the morning. after reading (one of the reviews on this site) we were looking forward to a warm greeting from staff and something cold to drink. the reality was that we were offered a warm bottle of mineral water with no glasses by the solitary receptionist. we were one of the first couples to check in but, after speaking to other couples during the holiday, it took in excess of an hour to issue the keys/all inclusive wrist bands. an extra member of staff would have made the first impressions of this hotel a lot better.

our first opinion of the hotel was that it was dreary, dated and dirty. the room was disappointing - the bathroom in need of a good clean and the blanket on the bed stained. there was a tv but you are not supplied with a remote control to use it! after paying the 20DT deposit we found that there were only a handful of chanels to watch and only one of those in english. our air conditioning was useless and the window, to the balcony, was broken and only closed by wedging it shut with a bit of paper! on a plus point the bed was comfortable and the pillows were good.
there was no mini bar in the room and, after midnight, not even the possibility of buying some cold water.

after breakfast the next morning we headed for the pool. for an all inclusive package we were surprised that towels were not supplied. there were no where near enough sunbeds and only the lucky ones were able to get on of the padded matteresses. the whole of the pool area was grotty. the lovely pictures of the pool on the internet, with the water fountains, were non existent. i can only assume that the photos were 'doctored' to make the area look more attractive. even the water fountain, outside the main doors to the pool, contained only the stray cats that seemed to like to sleep in it!! the indoor pool is only for the winter months - you will find a sign on the door saying 'No Swimming'... the mind boggles..........there were broken tiles everywhere which laid round about for the whole week that we were there. reports that the pool bar and beach bar are included in the all inclusive are incorrect. from the beach bar only soda/water is included and the pool bar will only serve you beer when it is available - you can't even get a coffee. if you want to get an alcoholic drink you need to go inside the hotel and queue. during the day the wait isn't too bad but at night you can expect to stand in a line for a good twenty minutes. everyone was complaining about the wait - even the beer (when you eventually got it) was a half full plastic cup. it was warm most of the time. the local spirits that you could get from the bar were dreadful. the whole of the all inclusive bar area is like something from the 1970's.

the quality of the food was debatable. i usually found something to eat if only salad or vegetables - these were ok but always the same. my husband, and many others were disappointed by the choice. a lot of the guests were offended by dishes such as poached veal tongue. anything that is left is served up again, maybe even for two days. the veal tongue was served three times in various guises. sometimes there was grilled tuna, which was nice but mainly a very poor selection. there was an area for the kids which served chips, pizza etc - i thought this was a nice idea as there was nothing really for the children in the main buffet.

i could go on for ages about how disatisfied we were... but, at the end of the day, we booked this last minute and paid very little £260 for a week AI. had i have paid the price some of the other guests paid i would have been mortified.

i can say that the animation team were great - anyone taking kids with them would have appreciated them. even during the day everyone was encouraged to take part in the arranged activities but there was no hassle if you didn't want to.

the people in the hotel were friendly but the management was not really up to scratch. some of the bar staff were ignorant.

if you go out to do some shopping be prepared to struggle with the locals. they are pushy to the point of being offensive and we heard countless reports of their over familiarity. never go here if you are just females - a bit of attention is ok but the behaviour of the tunisian people (in the shops) is OTT - you will be badgered to the point that you will decide not to leave the resort. a quiet walk in the evening is out of the question in this resort.

the best thing about this holiday were the nice people we met - if your reading this mick and kath thanks for keeping me company !! :)

we understand that this hotel is shortly to be refurbished - it is in dire need of a fix-up. at the moment i would class it as 2 star , no more. i am going to post some pictures on this soon if you want to check back.

on a final word - book this hotel only if you really can't afford anything else. expect 2 star decor and service and you wont be disappointed. i am afraid that the nozha beach is a little like the towels you will find in the bathrooms - once splendent but now a little faded and in need of replacement. ...................."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

best holiday ever!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Nozha Beach hotel.

We went on holiday on the 9th of may and stayed for a week at nozha beach hotel in hammammet, tunisia. As we arrived at the hotel all the staff warmly greeted us and made us feel at home. They gave us drinks which were much appreciated after travelling from monastir airport.

During the stay we spent alot of time by the pool which was always very clean. It wasn't too cold and was a joy to swim in. the mini club took care of young children (aged 12 and under). This left parents free to spend there day as they wanted- by the pool, at the beach or even out shopping. At the mini club all the kids got a chance to have there face painted, go bowling, make sand castles ,go to the beach or even just paint inside.All this for FREE. The bar gives excellent service and is open for drinks all through the day until midnight..

The beach just a few mere seconds away was absolutely beautiful with lovely blue water and lots of water sports for your pleasure. Every day the animation team which took care of all entertainment had games for you to play such as darts and volleyball. All the animation team were extremely friendly and nice. There were daily competitions in which the winner would get a prize at the end of the day. The entertainment was brilliant! every night there was something to watch whether it was dancing or a men vs. women challenge. The tavern as it was called was open till late and there would be music on till late. The music although loud couldn't be heard in your room so you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to sleep.

The rooms were a good size and the maid service was brilliant, we would always enter our room to see it perfectly clean. The food was very nice, there was a large variety of different foods and desserts to choose from. The food whilst very different to your normal meal was lovely .

It was a wonderful holiday and we enjoyed it so much we really did'nt want to go back home. I really recommend nozha beach hotel and i hope you find my review helpful to whether this is the place for you."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Loved it!!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We went with our 9 year old daughter, stayed at the hotel from the 2nd till the 9th of May 2007, and loved it! The weather could have been better, but other than that it was a brilliant holiday. The food was fantastic and the entertainer at night was top-class! The people were generally friendly and the mini-club for the little one was a big help! The only thing that was annoying about the hotel was the hotel shop!! On top of the fact that the prices there were 4-5 times more expensive those in the nearby market, the shop assistants have been an absolute pain! The hotel was not very busy so we did have a very relaxing and enjoyable time overall! The night entertainment was quite good and a good team of people who lived at the hotel and participated has helped making every evening fun. The beach was lovely too but the barbeque bar was not open as it was 'not the season'. In fact, more than one bar has not been open, but there were plenty of drinks to go round anyway! Even the fact that some of the barmen were moody didn't spoil the occasion! One thing that has to be tried is the traditional arabic smoking pipe (hubble-bubble) in the Turkish bar - unforgettable experience that has to be tried and is quite inexpensive. We'd go back again anyday."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of May 2007

Fantastic Nozha Beach

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I've just got back from Nozha Beach in Hammamet,Tunisia. If you have a family it is the perfect place to take them for a holiday. We stayed All Inclusive for 1 week, the food was amazing but please note that if your children live off chicken nuggets and fish fingers then it not be the ideal place to take them. Traditional Tunisian dishes are severed daily whilst hot pancakes with chocolate inside for breakfast is just one of the treats you are offered not just for breakfast but all day long! Don't feel like having the kids all day then don't, they have a mini club for the children which starts at 10am -12:30pm and 3pm-6pm. Whilst your enjoying yourself buy the pool or joining in the games on offer the kids are bowling, face painting, mini golf, drawing,going down to the beach for some fun in the beautiful blue sea and making sand castles, all at no extra cost. As your day comes to an end there is a mini disco for the children to burn off any left over energy. The hotels entertainment team are on hand all day and at night there is no exception. The live night entertainment is clean and fun to be part of with something new each night. If your lucky enough one of the entertainment staff is very good at impersonating Michael Jackson and gives a fab performance. The staff are very polite. The pool has a life guard all day inclued the beach which is a a short walk from the pool. The maids are always cleaning the hotel and leave you nice little surprises in your room after making your beds in the morning. There is plenty to do there if you don't want to work on your tan every day all in all it is a fabulous place to stay and I will be going back there next year with my family, we have just booked it! So if you want a fantastic holiday that caters for every one then this is the place for you to go on holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"My family stayed there for 1 week from the 6th May 2007. What a brilliant place to stay. we arrived late at night appx 11pm. The welcome at the door was effusive and genuine, we were ushered into the restaurant to help ourselves to food and drink. The staff who are all smartly uniformed could not have been more friendly or helpful. The meals were excellent, a very wide choice of food at each meal. Everyone sat at the same table each mealtime so there were no worries regarding seating especially as the restaurant seated appx 500 and there was no more than 100 people in there at any one time. The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily with daily linen change. There is a TV if you really want to stay out of the sun! The location is excellent, plenty of shops nearby, taxis dirt cheap-£4 return to biggest market in Nabuel. Be prepared to haggle in the shops! It is expected!Plenty of leather, gold and ceramics at knockdown prices. we bought so many things we had to buy an extra case to transport them home!We'd go back tomorrow."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007