piscina

Good

awful

Reviewed 5th January 2011

"food was rotten did not cater for english it is not a 4star hotel stayed 26th dec 2010 never ever again"

• Travel date: 5th January 2011

Need to return quickly

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"What a wonderful holiday,everything was perfect and hopefully I shall be able to return next year,a big "thank you"to all concerned.Thanks again Pam Hudson and Joan Ferriday"

• Travel date: 5th July 2009

Our holiday was lovely The hotel was cle...

Reviewed 12th February 2008

"Our holiday was lovely The hotel was clean and well looked after. There were plenty of facilities there and it was a pleasure to stay there. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily - with bed clothes laid in beautiful arrangements on the bed - however the rooms were not decorated modernly but they we nice none the less. The private beach was spectacular and there are plenty of opportunities to go on excursions. The staff were lovely! Nothing seemed to be too much of a problem for them and they were there to help if ever you asked. The were all well groomed and turned out! Our experience was wonderful and the previous comment is absolutely untrue! It is a lovely hotel and I am hoping to return in sept! It is a must got area of Tunisia too. With two lovely towns only a 4 dinar taxi ride away (£2). Enjoy your stay here - Im sure you will!"

• Travel date: 12th February 2008

Everything changed after we started tipping around

Good
Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I was a bit stressed after selecting this hotel for our vacation. We expected it was not a real 4 starts, but we were very disappointed after we’ve received the room: noisy, beds were totally uncomfortable, bathroom old, ugly and did not seem very clean. I could not sleep all night. Next morning, I’ve decided it was time to start the negotiation for a better room. Nothing was available till I paid some money. It’s incredible how with only 20 eur you can turnaround the quality of your holidays. The new room was really nice. Located in the main building, near the reception. I know, it’s not acceptable, but I just wanted to let you know that maybe there are some cultural differences, or people are indeed very poor and they need to survive in a way or another…This is valid for the rest of the service. For 1or 2 eur per dinner you were served really nice, drinks came in time and we had even table reserved with flowers arrangements…The deserts were very tasty and I found the food good and fresh. Lots of people though for the buffet - especially that 90% of guests were under 'full inclusive' program. Finally I really liked the hotel and the people!!!! Plus, the beach and sea were fantastic!"

• Travel date: 21st August 2007

Interesting place!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"Arrived at the Hammamet in mid July after a death march from Canada. We had booked the hotel some three months previous for a period of twelve days. Upon arriving we were made to wait quite a while in reception before we got a room. When we got the room it was on the far end of the property in a building with about 3 or 4 other rooms that was pressed up against the wall that surrounds the property. Our view was a white wall which we could actually touch when the window was open. Quite dark. Between us and the main buildings was an access road where a guard sat between us and the main hotel at night. I complained, but they said they were full. (As I have stated we didn't just show up, we had booked some months previous.) The next day I tipped some guy 20 Dinars and got a fantastic room with an ocean view. In fact the regular workers here were all very friendly and nice. It was the scumbags at the main desk that are the problem. I would rather leave my valuables in the room than trust them to the guys in the safety deposit box area. Food not so great. A bunch of us got dysentary from some mutton at one point. Not travellers diarhea - the real deal dysentary. Took us about a week to recover. Beach was great, especially in 40 plus degree temperature. Not sure why Euros would make this the "high season". Temperatures were quite warm. Better to have gone in spring or fall. You better get to the beach early though. Anything past about 9:30 a.m. will see you without a beach umbrella or sun bed. You pay for these as well as the ones by the pool - I have never seen this before - especially by a pool at a hotel in which you are staying! As a result people leave their towels for the day, only returning once or twice, in some cases. Also put your game face on for the buffet lineups. Lots of pushing and butting in. Not many english speaking people here - a great diversity of Euros. Kind of neat. Loved Tunisia and the everyday Tunisians! Bargaining was fun, and the excitement of trying to survive at the Miramar was great. Just don't expect total relaxation at this place."

• Travel date: 20th August 2007

You all must be blind!!!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"This hotel was absolutely fantastic. there are 3 pools 2 outdoor 1 indoor. The breakfast and dinner is all very nice.If you see a waiter called Ali say the nutters said hi.Shout Yahli. The kids club is mainly german but any kid can join. The hotel has activities like water polo,Beach soccer beach volleyball, dance aerobics, Archery and mini golf. Also they put a number of shows on.You have your own private beach with activities. There is also a creperie!!!!! The kids club have a daily song called Eine zwei drei (1,2,3) I highly reccomend this hotel. Bradley,England age 11"

• Travel date: 6th August 2007

forget it!

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"We just spent a week in Hotel Miramar, Hammamet. The place is nice, quiet, with 3 pools, the beach is clean and the see good. But the service is worth 2* at maximum, most of the staff were unfriendly and it was not even high season. The restaurant is dirty, the beverages arrived every day after we had finished our dinner. The last day things were stolen from our luggage locked in luggage room and the hotel manager was extremly unfriendly, not offering any help and accusing us of lying."

• Travel date: 10th June 2007

Very Impressed

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"After booking our holiday to Tunisia we were a little apprehensive after reading some of the hotel reviews on this website so I felt compelled to come back and to tell everyone how impressed we were with the hotel. We arrived at around 2.30am to a very warm welcome and a complimentary fruit cocktail. We were guided to our room and we were very pleasantly surprised - the room was spacious, comfortable, very well decorated and had a lovely terrace with table and chairs. The food at the hotel was excellent, a great mix of western and traditional dishes and plenty of them! My only negative comment was to hear other brits asking "where's the bacon" in the morning and generally being pretty rude to the tunisian staff who couldn't be more friendly. The hotel beach is amazing, totally unspoilt and we even had waiter service for drinks which was great. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens and the weather was superb all week apart from a few clouds the last couple of days. We would definintely go back to Hammamet, the resort itself is beautiful , recommend eating a "brik" and drinking a "bouka"!"

• Travel date: 4th April 2007

People warned us, but we did'nt listen!!!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"If you read the spec on this hotel please be aware, it is not true, there is no nightclub, shopping arcade or museum or theatre close by, we have just returned from this terrible terrible hotel on the 25,03,07, food is so poor, entertainment is a nightmare, Hammamet itself is poor, you can see all of this in half a day, we are not allowed to take any food in to the hotel but the staff can take pizza's in!! waiter's are always after a tip, people warned us about this hotel but we thought a holiday is what you make it, you could not make anything of this, If you're not French or German the waiter's dont want to know you, all our group thought the same, if you take children please be aware that they dont cater for us, they dont even have toast in the morning, but have cauliflower and other weird foods on first thing in the morning. If you eat out the food is so bland, you will probably get offered this from the Bel Air Hotel, Please Please refuse, it is a nightmare, we were counting the days, thank god we were only there for a week, people in our group all felt the same, and some of them are there for two weeks!!"

• Travel date: 25th March 2007

loved the mirimar

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"we arrived late sunday nite (18th feb) and were instantle made to feel welcome. me and my younger sister were shown to a comfortable and spacious room. the hotel reception were exellent and did everything they could to halp when my little boy came down with chicken pox half way through the stay. my son whos 4 really enjoyed his stay and the staff could not of been better with him they were always fussing over him and he was never short of play pals through out the week. me and my sister stayed in the hotel at nite but were made to feel very welcome by all the bar staff. the entertainment put on every nite was of a very good standard. when we were in the bar at nite the bar staff along with the reception staff all looked out for us and made sure we werent bein hassled. the staff really couldnt do enough to help. the week was made very enjoyible by the hotel along with its amazing staff. i wouldn't hesitate in going there again."

• Travel date: 11th March 2007

more like a 2 or 3* NOT a 4*

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Well what can i say, firstly we were told by our travel agent we had sea view room which on arrival was like a white ugly building view, we went downstairs to try and go up one level but the man told me to tip toe if i wanted the sea view or stand on my chair (how charming) Anyway i left it and settled with our room to find that our heating ventilator was like it was made in the World War days, very very dangerous as it was over one of the sleepers heads. No Hot water it took 2 days to sort out, toilet was rough, it stank like the sewers everytime you flushed it, in fact lets say it was the Sewers. February is obviously not the best time to visit Tunisia because it is very cold around those times. apart from our room, it is deinately NOT considered as a 4* staff are NOT very friendly, ONLY too women they like Tunisia is very well OVERPRICED & OVERATED. Food was average. Beach was beautiful..... DO NOT TRAVEL WITH PANORAMA, not very friendly at all and their animation team is rubbish! Rating between 1-10 overall is 3."

• Travel date: 1st March 2007

terrible hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We went to this hotel for 1 week during the easter holidays. We arrived complete with our almost 1 yr old in a pushchair and our elder daughter and were taken to a room via the stairs on the first floor. There is no lift which obviously posed a problem for us and the room was horrible it was dated and dingy. We were allocated another room on the ground floor which was a massive improvement. The next problem was the cot we ended up having 3 different cots which were all dangerous. The first came below our daughters waist when she stood up. The second was a wrought iron style with a large piece missing and finally the last had to have the bottom taken out and put on the floor to make it safe for her to sleep in. There are steps everywhere which meant we had to carry the pushchair down to the pool every day or to the beach. There are even steps up to the restaurant!. The breakfast was mainly eggs luckily for us we do like eggs but apart from that there was little else to choose from. The entertainment for the children in the evening is nearly all in German. The drinks in thebar are really expensive so we spent every night in a little hotel bar up the road!. The only good things about this hotel were the indoor heated pool and the lovely people we met there. If it wasnt for the weather (which was glorious ), the pool and our fellow holiday makers this would have been a nightmare of a holiday. Our rep was useless and had a queue of people waiting to complain at his welcome meeting. I would advise anyone to steer clear of this terrible hotel."

• Travel date: 12th February 2007

Hotels near Hotel Movie Gate

Top traveller tips for Hotel Movie Gate

• by blondie

"bo not go to this hotel"

• by Pam Hudson

"Carthage,Sidi Bou Said,Tunis day out was unmissable the guide fromTTS was brilliant"

• by Pam Hudson

"loved it,great place,lovely people"

Hotel Movie Gate is also called