What an Amazing holiday!!!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Me and My partner went to the Hotel Bel Azur July 15th 2006, we thouroughly enjoyed the holiday the staff were so helpful and friendly, and went out their way to see if we needed anything... and of course we always tipped them as they deserved it...

Throughout our stay at the hotel we couldn't fault it in anyway... The hotel rooms are a bit basic but have everything you need and you always have clean towels and bedding the maid that done our room was a lovely lady that was always smiling..
The views were magnificent !!! the snack returauant that overlooked the sea it was fabulous we couldve sat there for hours......

We never went on holiday to party or go clubbing ( its not a place to go if touwant to get drunk and party) we just went to chill out and that is exactly what we done the entertainment at night was great for kids the staff were all so good with the kids the animation team were good fun ...

This holiday is perfect for everyone of all ages whether you want to chill out or go to clubs there are clubs you can go to nearby the local guys are friendly and would show you round...
The hotel is mixed with different nationalities from which i thought was fantastic !!

And all you single ladies going on holiday the guys are georgous and you will get loads of attention...

We went on a camel ride into the mountains i would highly recommend it it was such fun ...

The food was fabulous all different kinds of food something for everyone...
you can also use the hotel next door the royal azur which is a 5 star but i thought ours was much more friendlier especially the staff..
oh and there is a spa just next to hotel i would highly recommend you ladies and men to go for a full body massage it was excellent .. you come out smelling amazing !!! and so relaxed.

This holiday is ideal for romantics .. couples looking for fun and their own privacy you will get it.

you have your own private beach its great and they are spotless!!
with loads of fun activities on beach

We are def going back ... hopefully in october with kids this time..
it felt such a safe enviroment for kids especially as you want them to run about freely on holiday with out worrying about them....

Highly recommended!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

Just back from Tunisia last night. Every...

Reviewed Mon 21st of August 2006

"Just back from Tunisia last night. Everything was fantastic. The hotel staff are very friendly and ready to help if necessary. The animators made sure people had plenty to do during the day (darts, aerobics etc).

We went for a relaxing holiday and did not really leave the hotel as the beach was nearby and there was a fantastic pool.

The hotel had a different show on every night which were always good. The animators were excellent on a night and there was never a dull moment. They even managed to get me to dance and play bingo!

Will be definitely going back next year.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

The friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in.

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Just arrived back home from a 2 week stay at the Bel Azur Hotel complex. The Bel Azur is classed as a 3 star + but really should be higher. The staff are an absolute credit and really can't do enough to make your stay comfortable and fun. They particularly welcomed the children. The rooms were comfortable, tho very slightly worn and had a lovely view of the immaculate gardens and sea. The food was of a much higher quality than I expected and the variety was amazing. The menu changed daily. I was particularly impressed that they had taken the time to find out it was my partner's birthday and provided flowers on our beds, dining table and even a cake with candles! The evening entertainment was slightly limited but they did try hard to provide something different each night!! The excursions were brilliant and excellent value for money and Tunisia in general was extremely cheap. Don't even be put off by the expected hassle you get in the medinas and markets, its all done in good fun and not intimidating at all. Just smile and say no thanks or later! Overall a brilliant holiday, fantastic complex (you can use all facilities of sister hotels Sol Azur 4* and Royal Azur 5*) immaculate private beach and excellent value for money. Would highly recommend."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Lisa & Michael's Fantastic Week Away! July 23-30th 2006

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Aslema! (hello in arabic)
I have lost count how many times i have visited this hotel, would guess around 6-7times. I have previousely visited with family & friends but last 2 times have been with my boyfriend- both aged 19. I would recommend this hotel to familys with kids, couples & teens.
This hotel is full of things to do so you never find yourself bored. Brilliant for people who love to just chill out by the pool or beach sunbathing all day, or even people who like to be on the go all the time- the animation team are always making sure you are kept busy.
This hotel is a half board based hotel- the meals are standard, im very very fussy & im always fine & put on some weight by the time i get back- so im happy.
During the day we spent all day on the beach, white sand & clear sea. If thats not your cup of tea the outdoor pool is very nice & thats where the animation team are where you can join in on playing darts, water aerobics, or mini golf.
The evening entertainment is always something to look forward to, starts with the kids mini disco which is always fun to watch, consists of the okie cokie & the music man. Very tempting to join in! Followed by the evenings entertainment which changes each day, includes belly dancing, snake charming, cabaret show (performed very well by the hotels animation team), kareoke, orchester & many more. Cabaret show is definetly my all time favourite, includes michael jackson & latino dance.
You are sure to make friends with all the animation team members at the hotel, they are very friendly & fun. Make sure you've got your salsa shoes on, you must give it a go with them.
Would definetly recommend to go for 10-14nights, 1 week is not really enough, by the time you get settled in properly & feel really at home its time to go back to your real home!
Will definetly be going back, probably March.
Brilliant!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Loved Every Minute

Good
Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Our first time in tunisia and it certainly wont be our last. The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff very friendly. Food was mostly ok, a few strange lookin dishes! nothing different from anywhere abroad but always found something good. Only one complaint and it was minor! took a few days to work out where things were in the buffet resteraunt,like the butter was yards away from the bread, and the cold juice was situated near the hot buffet where everyone waited for hot meals. The 2 day saffari taking you out to the sahara wasABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC... the sights of tunisia were truly amazing and made our holiday even more special. IT IS A MUST DO TRIP W ill definatly be back to tunisia real soon Superb!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Great holiday

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Just back from a great holiday in Tunisia. Only really wanted a cheaper sunshine holiay and got much more. The hotel was well located - unless you want to walk to a wide variety of nightlife which we didn't. The rooms are basic but very clean and the bathroom was good - everything worked and there was always hot/cold water when you wanted it. For the time we spent in the rooms it had all we wanted.

The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and helpful most speaking at least 4 languages to a good standard. According to other guests who have been coming for several years you get the same staff each time. The food was also good with a great choice for the evening meals - lots of local seafood and local dishes as well as dishes to suit the more fussy palate!

The private beaches were great and the view not mared by high rised development. The 3 hotels on the complex are all easy to access and so you get a choice of 2 beaches and 3 different style pools. The entertainment mainly seemed to happen at our hotel with plenty of the guests from the 5 star royal coming to ours as they found theirs "a bit stuffy". The animation crew work really hard throughtout the day and are excellent with the children.

All in all I would definitely go back there - as so many of our fellow guests have already done - some twice a year!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006

We just got back on Sunday 28th May, had...

Reviewed Sun 4th of June 2006

"We just got back on Sunday 28th May, had a fantastic time! Everyone in the hotel was very friendly (but we did tip well!), the food was great with an amazing selection to suit all tastes.

Animation team were fantastic, brought me round to hotel entertainment, even got me playing Bingo!

Beware when going to the old Medina as you will get some serious hassle and haggle down to about a 10th of the price they first ask you. (but remember they are just trying to earn a buck at the end of the day) Go to the new medina as that is where the locals go and you won't get any hassle there.

All in all a great cultured holiday, we are going back in September. Don’t book with Thomas Cook as all you will get from them is grief and delays!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

SO tired of whiny people that write reviews

Good
Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"After reading some of the reviews for this hotel, and the reviews for Tunisia in general, I felt very compelled to write...if you want your holiday and your accomodations to be what you expect at home, then stay home!I get so annoyed at tourists who want to experience foreign countries, but only if everything is exactly the way that it is at home. I'm sorry...but I was under the impression that the reason to travel was to have new experiences and learn about other cultures, but after reading many reviews, apparently I am mistaken. If you want your holiday to be exactly what you have at home, then perhaps you should stay home and allow those of us tourists who actually travel to learn about other countries and their customs (and their food and hotels) to do so without high maintenance tourists in our way. I have been to Tunisia many times and I have never experienced anything but sweet, hard working locals,eager to welcome tourists, so perhaps its not the Tunisian people but the up tight, snotty tourists that are the problem!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of February 2006

Bel azur rocks!

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Well i wrote the review GOIN BACK 25TH OF DEC! my 3 week holiday was awsum the hotel was clean, food good but if your a sun worshipper its not the best time to go its very cold i packed all mi bikinis and didnt use them once i wish i had taken my coat. THe days are sunny , then cloudy the next and we had one big storm. So the only bad thing was the weather and theres not much to do in the day it make you realise how much time you waste sunbathing in the summer. The night life was still good but all the open air discos were closed eg calypso,cotton club. Latino and havana were still open but the outside was closed because it was so cold. Its deff not as good as summer but all in all me and my sis were there for 3 weeks and made the most of it and had a good time. OFF BACK APRIL THE 9TH!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of February 2006

TIerd and in need of general update.

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Just returned from 1 week in Tunisia.The hotel is old and it shows in the terrible rooms. The bathroom,bed &
bedding,balcony and general decor is very,very tierd or broken.As the Hotel has a shop that states it does not barter I mistakingly thought it would be safe for my elderly mother to shop without the hassel of bartering.Without the knowledge of the money my mother was taken to the cashpoint and told to take much more dinar out to pay for the priced goods. I reported the incidence to the shop manager, eventually getting the money back. Please be very careful in Tunisia, in all the Hotel staff were nice, but I would not return!!."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

It was brilliant lots of people for ever...

Reviewed Tue 1st of November 2005

"It was brilliant lots of people for every age to meet. Good cabaret shows and activities. Perfect weather and also very cheap.

We are already planning to go back the same time next year. The staff are very caring and care for every person.

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2005

Everything was fantastic! The Animators...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Everything was fantastic! The Animators made our holiday worthwhile! The waiters and the chefs were friendly. The activities were so much fun! Especially Darts, Waterpolo and Petang.

The family atmosphere was very welcoming! There was a true sense of Tunisian life style, as most of the guests were Tunisian or Algerian, this gave the hotel a more homely feel!

I strongly advise anyone thinking of going to go!!!!!

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005