About Hotel Albatros

• indoor pool
  • paid internet
  • tennis court

Good

This hotel is advertised as a 4* hotel -...

Reviewed Fri 22nd of August 2008

"This hotel is advertised as a 4* hotel - as a British holiday maker, this is closer to 2.5 / 3 *. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are extremely basic and need modernisation, the food for an all inclusive hotel is awful; breakfast is inedible with evening meal and lunch boring and repetitive. If you want to get a sun lounger, you must get up at 6 am in order to beat the Eastern European guests who reserve sun loungers for the day and invariably don't use them til noon. Compared with other 4* hotels in the area avoid this like the plague."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2008

Was really worried as I have never visit...

Reviewed Thu 28th of June 2007

"Was really worried as I have never visited Tunisia before and was not sure what to expect. However the weather was lovely and hot and I had a really fabulous holiday in the hotel Albatros and I would be tempted to go back.

The hotel is quite basic compared to some other countries I have visited but the rooms are a very spacious size. They have great views and they were regularly kept clean as was the hotel itself.

I have been on many all inclusive holidays before and I would say that this was definitely one of the appealing ones. We had great staff that did go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible.

There are great markets where you are sure to pick up a bargain; however I loved shopping in Nabeul, as I seemed to be able to barter more than in Hammamet itself.

This is a great holiday for people of all ages."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007

I went with my family (including wife a...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of September 2006

" I went with my family (including wife and children) and the hotel was clean, spacious, big, extremely friendly staff, serving various lovely cuisine every day, efficient waiters - always with a smile, receptionists and technicians.

Now for the entertainment, I have reserved an entire paragraph because they were absolutely fantastic! They put on special songs for us on request and treated me and my family with utmost respect. Everyday, they organised different light hearted performances preceded by a mini disco for kids, which I found myself enjoying a great deal! For anyone who hasn’t yet been, be prepared for the best entertainment!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to everybody, and you might well see me there next year! Trust me I know what I am talking about!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006

We were a bit concerned after booking th...

Reviewed Sat 19th of August 2006

"We were a bit concerned after booking this holiday reading some of the earlier reviews. However, as soon as we arrived these were quickly forgotten.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious. Towels changed every day. Food was buffet style, but plenty of choice. Don't look for British food although, we certainly didn't go hungry. We tipped our waiter (10 dinars every few days) and our table was reserved with drinks waiting and decorated with flowers.

The only down side was getting up at 6.30 every morning to reserve sun beds and a much needed parasol (temp was 33-38 degrees) but there is also the private beach just a short walk away. The animation team were very good, providing activities throughout the day and entertainment at night. We would use this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of August 2006

I think the hotel was ok. The FRENCH to...

Reviewed Thu 13th of July 2006

"I think the hotel was ok. The FRENCH tourists there are very miserable with no manners for example they like to snatch chairs of you rather than ask for the night animation show.

The staff are friendly only if they understand what you are saying, they is very limited English spoken in that hotel.

The photographers keep pestering you to buy them all-inclusive drinks because they have to pay.
You get drinks in egg sized cups cheap coke and Fanta.

They are two lifts in the hotel one didn't work through out our holiday, the other one had no sensor in. So you can get crushed whilst walking through the doors.

They have a large variety of food but only for the French and German tourist nothing is aimed at the British. SAGGY UNCOOKED CHIPS, FILTHY HARD BAGGEUTES.

They is very limited sunbeds available for the all the people staying at the hotel so you all have to wake up 5am to reserve yours with a towel on.

All the above is true I have just come back from a 2 week holiday. Hope any of this might help

• Travel date: Thu 13th of July 2006

I have just returned from The Albatros i...

Reviewed Mon 26th of June 2006

"I have just returned from The Albatros in Hammamet with my wife and two girls (10 and 8). The Transfer was long. 2 and a bit hours and we were a bit anxious as to what we would find when we arrived. We could not have asked for more! A nice reception, drinks provided and cases taken to the room for us.

The Hotel is of a good standard and the pool is superb but what made the holiday for us was the staff ... they were superb and seem to like the English especially. There were a lot of Germans and Czechs there ... not many English but the staff all spoke good English I
The food was pretty much the same each day but of a good standard and plentiful, by giving the waiter a small tip for the week (£10) we had a reserved table (with flowers) every day and drinks served to the table.

The pool was great, clean, big and warm and again by tipping the attendant we had 4 sun beds, a parasol and table set up and reserved every morning!

If you are looking for English culture, food and atmosphere then Tunisia will not be for you. However, if you want to experience a different culture, lovely people, fantastic weather and great beaches then you will love it."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

We were almost put of by the last review...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of May 2006

"We were almost put of by the last review that had been written here, but we went and loved it so I wanted to put down in writing the service we had received when I got back. We booked a last minute deal for Easter and off my Mum, myself and my seven year old went. The transfer to the hotel was a little long and we were tired when we got there in the middle of the night.

Pack some food and water to eat when you get there because after the transfer and flight it's a long time till your next meal if you arrive out with the allotted timeframe. The hotel was clean, tidy and had three very well maintained pools. The food was nice, although yes it was sometime the same over the week we were there, I will also say the same for the snacks but on the plus side you won't go hungry.

The beach is not attached to the hotel and is around a 3 minute walk and is worth the walk. We went on the trips from the hotel and enjoyed them all though we didn't really think the boat trip was worth the money, but that’s up to you I guess.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the hotel was one of the nicer ones in the area for the price we paid and we would go again. The staff are always polite but there English is not excellent."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of May 2006

I booked this hotel with my friend and o...

Reviewed Sun 16th of April 2006

"I booked this hotel with my friend and our kids (5 of them) before we read other peoples reviews. We were a bit worried when we read some after we had booked but it was too late. So glad we didn't cancel because the hotel was lovely and rooms were big and clean.

We booked this hotel as it was the cheapest but the food was great and no-one was ill. There was plenty of activities on the go all day and a kids club with a lovely lady. The animation team were great too, very friendly and cheeky, just what you want on a summer holiday, a bit of fun.

Evening entertainment was okay, preferred the games to shows, but disco for kid’s early and adult dances at the end of the night were fantastic.

Only one problem with this holiday was the all inclusive bar stopped at 10pm but get some duty free on the way and you're sorted.

Going back again August 2006 same hotel, so what does that say!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of April 2006

To anyone who is considering going to Ho...

Reviewed Sat 15th of April 2006

"To anyone who is considering going to Hotel La Albatros in the near future READ THIS!!!

From beginning to end our holiday was fantastic. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. The food was plentiful and varied. The entertainment was mostly directed at children and sometimes boring but children have fun.

The weather was fabulous and the bar was very varied with drinks for kids and adults. Air-condition was working fully. The best part was the camel ride. It was joyful and interesting and we were introduced to a new culture. One disappointment was the Pirate Ship.

Otherwise we were very happy with our holiday. So much so that we have already booked to return this year."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of April 2006

Our 14 days in hotel Albatross was great...

Reviewed Thu 19th of January 2006

"Our 14 days in hotel Albatross was great. People there were really nice and friendly.
The food was delicious, alot of fruit and vegetables and meals was 5 times a day. We definitely haven’t been hungry.

Animation team was nice, they spent alot of time with us and everyone there. Water aerobic, waterloo, valley on the beach, games....it was really crazy.
In the evening they had good program...maybe they stopped too soon (midnight), but it was ok.

I must say I had perfect holidays and people we met there are still in contact with us. One of them is living there, so maybe next year we will go and visit him.

That is it.

Much kisses from Slovenia."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of January 2006

I think the holiday was brilliant! The f...

Reviewed Wed 21st of December 2005

"I think the holiday was brilliant! The flight was fine and Madagascar was on which the children enjoyed. Me, the children (aged 9 + 12) and my husband all shared a room and we were very impressed. There was 1 cockroach and it was only a tiny one. The pool was warm and refreshing and there was football, dart and table tennis if you were bored. Across the road was a lovely beach, which was very clean and relaxing. In the evening there was a mini disco led by the animation team then adult entertainment. The animation team were great and really funny. WE went on a camel trip, which was brilliant and made some great friends. Lots of other good things about the holiday and would recommend to anyone!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of December 2005

IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ALBATROS HOTEL,...

Reviewed Wed 21st of December 2005

"IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ALBATROS HOTEL, HAMMAMET SOON GET READY TO HAVE THE HOLIDAY OF YOUR LIFETIME!!! It is the best holiday I have ever been on and I have been around the world alot of times. I absolutely LOVE theme parks. So in April I went to Florida. The rides were brilliant and the weather was lovely but I think I actually enjoyed Tunisia better!

I went to the hotel with two friends (who also loved the place) and we are all thinking of going back next year. We all made new friends and one of the people I went with is seeing a girl he met there. In Tunisia people expect you to give them a few dinars as a tip but apart from that are all lovely.

Great friends I made were the animation team. Lovely men who I gave 20 dinars to each!

This is a great holiday and would recommend it to anyone ESPECIALLY if they have children.

• Travel date: Wed 21st of December 2005