El Mouradi Hammamet

Zone touristique Yasmine Hammamet, Hammamet 8050 Tunisia

Problem solved

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

"After I received the confirmation email from the Hotel for a suite with sea view, we were taken to a standard room with pool view even we already paid for a suite! According to them the confirmation email does not mention "sea view", after a very long discussion with the staff we were given a smaller room with sea view for the same price as suite, problem solved."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

Tunisian Dream

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I´ve been in El Mouradi Hammamet for a week and despite of my fear by reading the past reviews I couldn´t like most. The hotel is simply amazing. I´ll write my review in two parts: positive and less positive because I can´t say something was negative!!! I traveled with my boyfriend and my mother so I can tell the hotel offers very nice variety of entertainment and it can pleasure any ages...

Positive Part:
- Location: just between the beach and the new medina of hammamet (I can tell you it´s better than the old one, more spacious and clean and the prices are the same, that is, if you bargain!!!). There´s a very cool variety of restaurants, bars and pubs right next to the hotel and shops too if you´re not into the tipe of shopping that an arabic country offers you!! There are taxis and buses just a step away from the hotel.
- The rooms: very large, with a great bathroom and shower. If you don´t want to book a sea view don´t worry because you can have luck and in the room with the street view you can see the beach perfectly! Every day they cleaned the room and the room maids are sweet and very polite.
- The hotel itself: always clean, the bars are more than enough (3 inside, 1 pool bar and 1 beach bar), the reception staff is very helpfull and they try to speak everything: spanish, english, german, even portuguese!!! They are all nice and polite for the guests and very helpfull on the problems: I booked 2 rooms and when I got there the rooms were far from each other and in the same moment that I asked for change they did it and place us in two rooms door to door! The hall zone is huge and fresh and always clean, of course!
- The restaurant: We had breakfast, lunch and dinner and every day there was diferent food. Great variety of food: vegetarian, meat, fish, potatos, pasta, everything with good taste (I can tell you, I was really worried about that because I don´t eat everything and I had no problem at all). I recomend the chakchouka and couscous because is just great, very spicy though!
- The pool: big enough and very calm. They have animation times and you can have a nice afternoon or morning on silence and peace or you can have fun with the animation team!
- The beach: wonderfull!! amazing!!! the sea is awesome!! 5 star quality!!!

Less Positive Part:
- Well, it´s an arabic country and as you can imagine there are some thing that we´re not used to in Europe or USA like the arabic people trying to sell things, the children asking for money and gifts, etc etc. But if you´re going with an opened mind there´s no problem at all... At night, we didn´t find any problems with the zone, it´s very secure but I do not recomend you to go out at night very late because we saw a fight between arabics and I wouldn´t like to be in the meadle!!
- Be carefull with the guys in the medina that go speak to you and say "hello, i´m your room maid, or your receptionist, dont you remember me?" and they are nor your room maid nor your receptionist!!!!
- Be carefull with the guys that sell trips to the desert and stuff like that...

I think that´s it!
I just loved the hotel and I have nothing to say bad about it! You cannot expect a luxury hotel when you´re paying little! If you want luxury then go to the resorts and spas! This is a nice and clean hotel and for me that´s all that matters on vacation. You can find confort, cleanliness, relaxing and fun in El Mouradi Hammamet! Dont´worry!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

An enjoyable stay - well almost!

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"We stayed for 10 days late January, early February and were a bit concerned after reading all the Trip Advisor reports. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, bright and spacious and we found the reception staff very helpful. I think the problem some quests have is that the staff's English is limited. Remember they speak Arabic and French as Tunisians and the hotel is owned by a Spanish group so most guests are from Spain. Very few British people stay there. The comments about the poor attitude of dining room and bar staff are true for a number of them but not all. The food is usually only warm and if you want hot soup and food they will put your full plates in a microwave to heat them up. We were told that only the British like very hot food and drinks! They will also get you a pot of boiling water at breakfast if you ask. Our chamber made was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. The Internet connection never worked while we where there but there is a much cheaper connection at the Sofitel just along the road. The swimming pool is really wonderful - though it would be better if they increased the temperature a few degrees. The Thalasso staff are not employed by the hotel and get quite annoyed if you keep asking them for towels! One of the pool boys is never there so it is natural to ask them. The hairdresser is really good and sweet - even though she doesn't speak much English! You feel very safe whilst out in Hammamet Jasmine - the shopkeepers do hassle you but it is all good natured and when you say no, twice, they leave you alone. The sea view rooms are worth paying for. Be aware that until Easter the hotel next door is having a swimming pool built and there is a little noise during the day. It isn't a British 5 star but we would say it's about 4. We went with Panorama and the reps couldn't have been more helpful."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of February 2007

Fantastic Holiday!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"It was our first time visiting Tunisia. Well what can I say?! It was amazing. It's such a beautiful country. My mum and i decided we needed a relaxing holiday and that's exactly what we got. The hotel was very impressive. The staff were very friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. There is lots to keep you entertained: swimming pools, tennis courts, bars, a nightclub and the hotel provides their own entertainment team. They perform most nights putting on shows for people of all ages! We went there during halloween - the show they performed was hilarious! (Michael Jackson - Thriller).
The restaurant was good, although some nights we found ourselves eating a lot of the same things every night. They provide lots of choice but most of their food is very dry. That's the only negative thing that I can think of. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the hotel. The staff were extremely welcoming and very friendly. If you decide to stay at this hotel, i reccomend you meet the 2 guys who work with photos. No doubt you will see the photographer, he's always snapping away taking photos whether you would like him to or not! ha ha ha! Overall, I would definately reccommend this hotel to anyone. I had a fantastic holiday and I will definately be coming back."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of November 2006

Oh Dear, Very Disappointed.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the El Mouradi 5* hotel in Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia. Having read some of the other reviews I am not sure we stayed at the same hotel! The hotel is very big and spacious but lacks any atmosphere. The reception staff were slow, unhelpful and sometimes rude. Other staff in the hotel were polite and friendly with the exception of the bar staff who seemed to not want to be there. The hotel was busy with a conference during our stay but despite this there was only one waiter/barman covering the outside area, which was always busy.
There was very little in terms of entertainment however the entertainment team were sociable and tried hard. The gym is well equipped but you have to pay 10 Dinars a day to use it which should be pointed out in the brochure. The indoor swimming pool is currently undergoing building work but there is an indoor salt water pool which is free to use between certain daytime hours. Outside this time it is 40 dinars!
The rooms were fairly basic but clean. However, the sink in our room was cracked and the plug socket was hanging out of the wall which had to be repaired! The hotel is advertised with satellite tv in the rooms, however, there is only one English channel which is the BBC World News. There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.
The food at the hotel is the big problem. We are not fussy eaters but this really was of a very poor standard in what can only be described as a big canteen. You certainly could not have a romantic meal in there. The buffet food was often the same each day and very unappetising. In the mornings there is no table service and you have to pay 3 dinars if you want a glass of fresh orange juice. As a result we ate out sometimes which is a bit annoying when you have paid half board.
To sum up then - this is by no means a 5 star hotel. It is more like a 2/3 star hotel which has good service in some areas and very bad in others. The food is awful and the facilities lacking. Put it this way, we are never going back. Ever."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

August 2006!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I Stayed in that hotel in august for a few nights,after the 3day tour in the south.my fiancee' had the greatest idea.as a group,we could not ask for a room with an ocean view,everything had been arranged from the agency in greece.so,manos gave a 20dinar tip(11euro) to our trip guide,and within 2 minutes we had a junior suite on the fourth floor with the best ocean view.i think this saved us,and did worth it.!as far the hotel staff is concearned,was not that bad,you had to call 3 times to get pillow cases!the reception clerk,understood "pillow keys"and we laughed very much.in my personal opinion,if you deal everything with a little sense of humor,everything is fixed and nothing can destroy your holidays!in general,the food was good,in a big variety (we had breakfast and dinner).the pool was very nice and everything turned out to be great!
it can't be called a Hilton hotel,but it worths it!
christie greece"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

nice!

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"I stayed here from the 27th August for 7 Nights. Its a nice hotel and the staff are helpful but the reception staff are very arrogant and even though your standing there at the desk they will still ignore you and carry on talking amoungst each other!

The hotel facilities are good although it certaintly isnt a 5*.

On the whole the holiday was good and Yasmine Hammamet is the best place to stay and you have a mini theme park right behind the hotel called carthage land and lots of shops and clubs. Although do be carefull there are pickpockets around as we experinced in Tunis medina and the police are useless in Tunis town so do becareful."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Loved it all!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Stayed here in Summer 2004.
Been to Tunisia 11times now, and this is my most fav hotel!

Had the most amazing time.. Hotel was brilliant..
Very Clean, very spacious, across the road from the beach (with some brilliant watersports on offer)

Staff were brilliant. Rached, Mohammed and Hajri are worth a mention. They were great!
Waiters were excellent too, service was brilliant.. food was varied, no complaints and no stomach upsets from any in our party.

The Hammamet Yasmine area itself is brill, a newly built manmade Marina.. its beautiful.. Beach across the road from the hotel.. Keep walking and theres shops, a supermarket and an ice rink!

Defo worth a second visit.. hope u all enjoy it as much as I did"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Not perfect, but still perfect value for money

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Everybody tells you that it is not really a 5-star hotel, and it' s definitely true. I will continue with several critical comments also, but want to mention outright that I was in general very much satisfied with the hotel and the surroundings.

One of the dissapointing things was the dining area - the same for the dining and the breakfast - and it is indoors, not very impressive. The food though is very good, though some men I met there were not really satisfied with the assortment. The location is marvellouos, as well as the view from the window (if you are lucky of course). The promenade is gorgeous, make sure you check out the dining area near the harbour.

As I have noticed, the hotel is preferred by elderly couples or families. Entertainment is not good, the shows are poor, but I would advise to go out for a stroll around the district, Medina, and along the sea, rather than sit for the show anyhow. The personnel was helpful, the entertainment team actually is funny, a bit stupid (which is the same everywhere) and extremely friendly, especially if you have a good sence of humor. The ones expecting aqua aerobics in the mornings, will be dissapointed, the animation team was not able to orgabize the people people. I loved the fact that compared to the hotels nearby, there was no shouting music at the pool, rather - a more relaxing atmosphere.

Huge and elegant lobby and the bar, cosy atmosphere.
I would definitely return to this hotel.
Just a warning - be carefull when deciding for the gala dinner, make sure you understand the cost correctly and get checks for your payments - we did not have a very good experience. Oriental specifics!

enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

you pays your money......

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"just back from this hotel. Not a five star but nonetheless good value for money.Last tstayed here two years ago, when service was better. It seems to be changing into a conference hotel, marked difference in how the delegates and the tourists were treated.Desk staff remote and unfriendly, entertainment tired and gauche. Food was plentiful if repetitive. This hotel does not do Tunisia or Tunisians justice!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Well located but not very friendly

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Just returned from the Melia El Mouradi hotel in Hammamet. Except for the night clerk, people at front desk are very cold and not very helpful. We had reserved an ocean view room but were put in a 'no view room' had to go back and insist on the room we had booked. If you take the half-board plan, it is in your interest to tip the waiters from the dining room right away, otherwise the service will leave a lot to be desired. We have not even been able to browse in the shops close to the hotel and in the Medina, as soon as you even look in the direction of the shop, they harass you to death.

However, the hotel is well located and the promenade along the seashore is pleasant. The restaurants near the Marina are quite good and reasonably priced. The 2 day desert tour is worthwhile but don't look for a brochure explaining the details, there is none."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of April 2006

Sunshine Holidays and El Mouradi Hotel Hammamet, Tunisia

Reviewed Mon 31st of October 2011

"This hotel was sold by Sunshine holidays as a 5 star hotel. Having stayed in another Tunisian 5 star hotel with Iberostar, i can assure you this is not five star.
In our hotel room, there had clearly been a sewage spillage, the carpets were filthy and the showers did not work properly. The smell was awful.The rep was helpful and supported our request to move rooms.
The quality of the food was poor, in both the ala carte restaurant and the main dining room. We had to eat out. The service was very poor eg. queuing for drinks, some miserable staff.
Tunis Airlines are normally late and very poor food.
Never resorted to complaining to a holiday company before on a return from holiday, and not the complaining type, but we did on this occasion. Despite a signed complaint form from the holiday rep, we received a letter that was nothing else other than a fob off.
I have recommended that this is not sold as a 5 star hotel, to both Last Minute.com and Sunshine holidays.
Please don't risk it, especially if you have a family.
Family of five from Kensworth Bedfordshire."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of October 2011

Hotels near El Mouradi Hammamet

Stayed at El Mouradi Hammamet? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for El Mouradi Hammamet

• Ayad K by Ayad K

"Don't do it, there are many other hotels around with better customers Service "

• Shakira by Shakira

"Take part in activities and evening entertainment. Sure to have a laugh "

El Mouradi Hammamet is also called