Awfull

Reviewed Mon 10th of January 2011

"Me and my boyfriend visited caribbean world in october 2010, i can say it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in! after a day we payed to move hotels. when we first arrived at the hotel they took us too are room and there were cats wondering around the hotel? it was nothing like i looked on pictures. the pool was very nice i must say. But are view was awfull grass had not been cut and was over growing and dirty looking. There was not much choice in food and it was basicly the same stuff every night. Also if you asked lemonade it was like salt water waste of time going all inclusive because the drinks taste like crap."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2011

Two week holiday - 2 adults, 2 kids (age...

Reviewed Fri 5th of September 2008

"Two week holiday - 2 adults, 2 kids (aged 8 and 9) - the two adults and 1 child are vegetarian.

A very very very good holiday !!!. Mostly been to Spain on other years and stay in 3 *. This was 3* but much higher quality than Spain. Only really two issues (but one turned out for the best anyway) - on arrival, having supposed to be in the Beach hotel, we were placed in the Garden (around 5 minutes walk further to beach / slides). At first, this annoyed me, however, after a few days, we worked out the garden was a much more relaxed hotel and better for us. You can surely walk 5 mins if you want the slides and beach !. Hotel was lovely, best pools by miles we have been to. One , figure of 8 pool which is perfect for younger kids as the first circle is quite shallow, the second quite deep so you can tell them to stay in one area if you are not in there. Food was the best bit for us. Being vegetarian, we always struggle for food, but not here, lots of choice - first time we have ever looke forward to meal times. The entertainment was OKish - watchable !!. The best bit was the mini-disco, which we quickly realised was more for the adults and me and the wife had brilliant fun (that is the beach hotel) !!!. Beach was beautiful !!!. quite narrow so if you have kids you can always see them when they are in the sea, mostly calm ( it did seem to pick up wind in the afternoon which made it sometimes choppy) and not that crowded.

Top holiday - the only caution I would give (and you can't blame the hotel or resort) was the Russians - think Brits abroad circa 1990 and thats what you have got !!.

Top notch - and do a trip to the Sahara - two days and MAGICAL !!! "

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Just returned from 2 weeks at Caribbean...

Reviewed Wed 9th of July 2008

"Just returned from 2 weeks at Caribbean World with many highs and a few lows. Firstly lets get the downside out of the way. Hotel had only 12 British guests throughout and in such is no problem but very little information in english and why are the French guests so rude? We noticed the different service we got from the staff just because we treated them with civility. Rooms are compact and the air conditioning was poor. Thats the moaning out of the way.
So much going on, every sport and activity imaginable is available and the animation staff are amazing. My 6 year old was busy from 9 - 6 and we hardly saw him, he loved it. Wonderful clean pools and all the communal areas are constantly cleaned. Our maid was superb, towels removed at 9am, room cleaned by 1pm and clean towels brought by 2pm.
A great place and if you can overlook the few down points you will have a wonderful stay."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2008

Just returned after a 2 week all inclusi...

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2007

"Just returned after a 2 week all inclusive holiday at this hotel,with my husband and two children 10 & 7. There is both good news and bad so I’ll save the best for last. Airport transfer times from Monistir are 2 hours so prepare for a bumpy ride.

The hotel itself is obviously what it’s advertised - 3 star however, the welcome was very warm. Unfortunately we arrived late evening and our Dutch rep was nowhere to be seen, so the young man at reception was more than willing and kind enough to show us to our room, which was not what we had been shown in the brochure.

The room they were giving us was smelly, dirty etc. They did upgrade us the following day however our first night is one we would care to forget. Another negative point is the bed linen changes - our room was cleaned daily but the sheets were changed once throughout the holiday. The food and drink was average; the buffet being the best choice. The other restaurants available with a reservation (Mexican, Chinese, Italian) are not what they seem, so don't be fooled here.

Everything else was great - the kids club, the pool, the beach, the entertainment; so that made the holiday enjoyable for all of us! The Staff at the hotel were fantastic, friendly and polite throughout the whole holiday. My daughter celebrated her 10th birthday and they had prepared her a lovely table with cake, candles, all the waiters singing happy birthday - Nice touch!

All in all, this is a nice place to spend a fun filled holiday. Every holiday has ups and downs. Hope you have a pleasant stay in Tunisia!

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Like some other's we booked before we re...

Reviewed Sun 27th of August 2006

"Like some other's we booked before we read the reviews of this hotel. Needless to say we were very anxious about what we would find on arrival! We stayed in the Beach part of this two hotel complex.

There were 8 of us (4 adults & 4 children) ranging in age from 4 - 60 and I can honestly say that each and every one of us loved our holiday. The hotel is set in the most idyllic setting with gorgeous gardens to the front and the beach to the rear. A lot of the hotels were on the roadside but this one was set back with its own private drive, which means you didn't get the noise from the road. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, I could not fault it, which is pretty amazing coming from me. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels added, the bed's were stripped and remade every other day. The room itself was not huge but it was adequate with one queen sized bed and a set of bunk beds, then separate bathroom with bath & shower. Every room also has a private balcony, we sat out there late at night when the kids were in bed ! There are salesmen in the hotel lobby and yes for the 1st couple of days they do pester a bit but if you politely say no and carry on walking they don't follow you and give up asking after about the 3rd day.

The food! Well ok the food isn't amazing! But let's face it, you are in Tunisia you cannot expect to get fish & chips, steak pie or anything else remotely English - why go to a country like that if you really want home with the sunshine? There was ample food and all was beautifully presented. Thankfully we all like salad, rice, couscous, pasta, chicken etc, etc so it was fine for us but there were British people there who were moaning there was nothing they liked! Fruit is always available as well. We did eat out a couple of times and the restaurants do cater much more for the English. Food was very cheap, all 8 of us had a 2 course meal including drinks and it came to 90 dinar (about £40).

The larger was probably watered down but it still tasted fine and the red wine was very nice, you can buy bottled larger for 2 dinar a bottle (about 90p) which was really nice. The kids were more than happy with the sprite & coke and fresh, cold water is also freely available. Spirits are not as easy to get hold of though, I think Martini was the only one which was included in the all inclusive concept. You are able to buy other spirits though, whiskey was 9 dinars (about £4) and glass and it wasn't as small as a British measure!

The animation team were amazing! There was always something to do and they were so friendly and very good with the kids. They put a lot of effort into making sure that everyone was happy and it clearly showed that they enjoyed their work. The kids club was fun and did run at the stated times every day (unlike some other holidays we have been on!!). There was a mini disco every evening for the kids before the main cabaret. Most evenings it was the animation team that put on the show but we did also have a couple of evenings with outside cabaret acts coming in. On our final night the animation team put on Lord of the Dance! What can I say, truly amazing! One review said that the animation team didn't speak English? Well that is because you are in Tunisia! I wonder how many Butlins workers speak Arabic. It's true their English isn't brilliant but they make 100% effort to understand what you mean and even our 4 yr old managed to make himself understood, so they can't be that bad. All of the activities are announced in several different languages and English is always one of them, so it isn't a problem at all. There were several members of staff who spoke very good English so if there was a problem I am sure it could be easily sorted by speaking to one of them.

We went out on a Pirate Ship (organised by salesman in hotel) and it was an excellent day. It cost us 100 dinar (about £45) for the 8 of us. We were out for most of the day and had a lovely BBQ on board. Soft drinks were freely available. We went to Old Hammamet for the day and it was amazing to see the 900 yr old Medina. Yes you do get hassled quite a bit but again if you say no and keep walking they won't come after you. We also went to Yasmine Hammamet which is the new purpose built area. The Medina there was much more relaxed and the store holders very friendly. As soon as they found out we were English they would say "cheaper than Asda price" or "lovely jubley" .... The kids thought that was very funny! Be prepared to barter hard! The prices are ridiculously inflated to begin with and you should expect to pay about a third of the asking price, although bear in mind that some shops have fixed prices and will not barter. We went into Carthage Land which the kids loved.

All in all this was a brilliant holiday. If you are looking for England abroad then I don't think Tunisia is the country for you. The Government doesn't allow imports so you won't find a McDonalds or any other fast food outlet. For us going abroad is about seeing different cultures and this was certainly fulfilled in Tunisia. If however going abroad is more about being in the sunshine but with English bars and food on tap then I would stick to Benidorm!

Would we go back? Yes definitely!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Like some other's we booked before we re...

Reviewed Sun 20th of August 2006

There were 8 of us (4 adults & 4 children) ranging in age from 4 - 60 and I can honestly say that each and every one of us LOVED our holiday. The hotel is set in the most idyllic setting with gorgeous gardens to the front and the beach to the rear. A lot of the hotels were on the roadside but this one was set back with its own private drive, which means you didn't get the noise from the road. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean; I could not fault it, which is pretty amazing coming from me. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels added; the beds were stripped and remade every other day.

The room itself was not huge but it was adequate with one queen sized bed and a set of bunk beds, then separate bathroom with bath & shower. Every room also has a private balcony, we sat out there late at night when the kids were in bed!! There are salesmen in the hotel lobby and yes for the 1st couple of days they do pester a bit but if you politely say no and carry on walking they don't follow you and give up asking after about the 3rd day.

The food! Well ok the food isn't amazing! But let's face it, you are in Tunisia you cannot expect to get fish & chips, steak pie or anything else remotely English - why go to a country like that if you really want home with the sunshine? There was ample food and all was beautifully presented. Thankfully we all like salad, rice, couscous, pasta, chicken etc etc so it was fine for us but there were British people there who were moaning there was nothing they liked! Fruit is always available as well. We did eat out a couple of times and the restaurants do cater much more for the English. Food was very cheap, all 8 of us had a 2 course meal including drinks and it came to 90 dinar (about £40).

The larger was probably watered down but it still tasted fine and the red wine was very nice, you can buy bottled larger for 2 dinar a bottle (about 90p) which was really nice. The kids were more than happy with the sprite & coke and fresh, cold water is also freely available. Spirits are not as easy to get hold of tho, I think Martini was the only one which was included in the all inclusive concept. You are able to buy other spirits tho, whiskey was 9 dinars (about £4) and glass and it wasn't as small as a British measure!!!!

The animation team were amazing! There was always something to do and they were soooo friendly and very good with the kids. They put a lot of effort into making sure that everyone was happy and it clearly showed that they enjoyed their work. The kids club was fun and did run at the stated times every day (unlike some other holidays we have been on!!). There was a mini disco every evening for the kids before the main cabaret. Most evenings it was the animation team that put on the show but we did also have a couple of evenings with outside cabaret acts coming in. On our final night the animation team put on Lord of the Dance ! What can I say .... truly amazing !!!! One review said that the animation team didn't speak English ?? Well that is because you are in Tunisia!! I wonder how many Butlins workers speak Arabic ??? It's true their English isn't brilliant but they make 100% effort to understand what you mean and even our 4 yr old managed to make himself understood, so they can't be that bad. All of the activities are announced in several different languages and English is always one of them, so it isn't a problem at all. There were several members of staff who spoke very good English so if there was a problem I am sure it could be easily sorted by speaking to one of them.

We went out on a Pirate Ship (organised by salesman in hotel) and it was an excellent day. It cost us 100 dinar (about £45) for the 8 of us. We were out for most of the day and had a lovely BBQ on board. Soft drinks were freely available. We went to Old Hammamet for the day and it was amazing to see the 900 yr old Medina. Yes you do get hassled quite a bit but again if you say no and keep walking they won't come after you. We also went to Yasmine Hammamet which is the new purpose built area. The Medina there was much more relaxed and the store holders very friendly. As soon as they found out we were English they would say "cheaper than Asda price" or "lovely jubley" .... the kids thought that was very funny ! Be prepared to barter HARD ! The prices are ridiculously inflated to begin with and you should expect to pay about a third of the asking price, although bear in mind that some shops have fixed prices and will not barter. We went into Carthage Land which the kids loved.

All in all this was a brilliant holiday. If you are looking for England abroad then I don't think Tunisia is the country for you. The Government doesn't allow imports so you won't find a McDonalds or any other fast food outlet. For us going abroad is about seeing different cultures and this was certainly fulfilled in Tunisia. If however going abroad is more about being in the sunshine but with English bars and food on tap then I would stick to Benidorm !

Would we go back ???? YES definitely!!

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by some of th...

Reviewed Fri 30th of June 2006

"I'm absolutely dumbfounded by some of the bad reviews I've read of the Caribbean World. I unfortunately read some of them after we had booked, but before we traveled, and I was expecting the worst.

Don't believe a word of it. The Caribbean World is clean, fun, relaxing, with (generally) great staff, decent food and drink, two absolutely fantastic pools and a charming atmosphere.

The room we had was clean, stylishly decorated and had a wonderful view.

The pools, and the flumes (which made me regress 20 years!) were wonderful.

You do get hassled a bit by people selling tours, but after the first day, and the first lot of rebuffs, they leave you alone.

My biggest criticism was that the concierge, when we arrived, tried to get us to put money down for his friend's taxi service to take us back to the airport at the end of the holiday.

The animation team are the main reason my rating is not the full '10'. They look like they're great with their kids, but really need to be trained to leave everyone but the kids alone. I was there with my fiancé, and it should be obvious to them that a couple in their late twenties aren't going to be interested in playing beach volleyball with a group of under-10s.

We had a wonderful holiday and found the hotel to be everything we were looking for. Those who have complained obviously have a very strange idea of what to expect in a holiday hotel - yes, it's different to being at home - that's why you go on holiday!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of June 2006

Me and my family went to Tunisia a few w...

Reviewed Sat 24th of June 2006

"Me and my family went to Tunisia a few weeks ago to the resort of Hammamet. The hotel we stayed was Caribbean world beach on an all inclusive basis. Well me and my family found it absolutely great! I don’t know what everyone moans about. This hotel is only 3 star so if you want a posh hotel then go and book a 5 star and stop slagging off this hotel.

I thought the animation team were great with the kids. I must admit their English isn’t great but we got by ok. The actual hotel complex was huge with slides for all the family, a mini club for the kids, the food was delicious and the beach was lovely too. If you be polite and say no thanks to the hastlers they will go.

The rooms are all you need for the holiday as you don’t spend much time in them anyway but they were clean and got clean everyday for 2 weeks. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with kids as we had the best time. After all its what you make it isn’t it?!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of June 2006

Myself and my husband and little boy hav...

Reviewed Mon 28th of November 2005

"Myself and my husband and little boy have just returned from the hotel caribbean world beach hotel. I am so pleased to be home the hotel was not at all like it was made out to be. The food was terrible. It was an allinclusive holiday but was actually full board with watered beer and wine. The restraunt was dirty so were the chefs.

If you like to go on holiday and eat minced turkey for a week then its for you. No choice at all and what was there was horrible I lived on chips and boiled potatoes.As for the animation team it was like watching a school play. we did not find the staff very friendly.

We had no hot water for two days and the staff werent intrested. When i booked this holiday we did not realise we were going into a hotel that was built in 1964. None of the guests were impressed at all. The only good thing about the the holiday was the people we met. So no i will never again return to tunisia"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of November 2005

We were transferred here from Nabeul bea...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"We were transferred here from Nabeul beach and were pleasantly surprised, the staff are friendly and helpful. the animation team are really good with the kids. the food was not too good we lived off chips and bread.

The coke and sprite was flat and the beer was definitely diluted. The hotel is clean and the pool is very good. the pool bar did however refuse to serve our son who is twenty one on Tuesday even though we showed them his id so we were disappointed. The Quad bikes trip sold at the hotel is definitely a NO NO they state that it is safe and they take them on a Motorway! The bar man at the free bar is miserable unless you give him a tip.

My advice would be don’t knock it until you’ve tried it we tried it and definitely wont be going back. The beach however is wonderful and if you are only going for the beach this is the place for you.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

On arrival our transfer was supposed to...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"On arrival our transfer was supposed to be about an hour and a half we had a four hour transfer after a six hour flight delay.

On first impressions the hotel looked quite nice on arrival but looks can be deceiving.

I had requested a ground floor room as i have walking difficulties and we were on the third floor. Our room had no balcony just a window and was like a prison cell. We asked to be moved and they moved us to a perfect room with a balcony.

The room was infested with bugs and i had 37 bites in total.

The restaurant was disgusting, you couldn’t recognise any of the food and what food you did eat went straight out the other end. My husband and i had diarrhoea for the entire two weeks and we are still suffering now from it.

We both had food poisoning.

My husband and i waited two hours for toilet roll on four occasions as reception wouldn’t get us any.

The hotel was full of bugs and flies wherever you went.

We paid for all inclusive and received full board with drinks.

We were told the hotel was 4 star superior and it was three star. We were told that it was isn’t he centre of Hammamet it was 4 kms from the town centre.

The roof in the restaurant fell down and all the lights went out while we were eating. There was a dead cockroach in one of the bars. The beakers for drinks were plastic cups all chewed.

There are several other British guests at this hotel who had more problems than us.

I would not go back to Tunisia for love nor money.

My review just skirted round the problems we had here.

It was a holiday from hell.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

This Hotel is not what is advertised. It...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"This Hotel is not what is advertised. It looks nice in the pictures, but as the previous review stated, looks can be deceiving!

This hotel ws the 2nd hotel I had been to in my 2 week trip to Tunisia. The first was even worse than this, and the rep had transferred us to here where we spent our last week.

The food made us ill, I was in bed for 2 days with an upset stomach. They do not cater for English generally, one morning I went to get toast and they had no bread!

It also states that it is All Inclusive which is untrue. It is full board, as you have set meal times, and no snack bar in between. You have to pay for bottled water, and pay for alcohol after 11pm.

The room was very basic. Has rust in the bathroom, and the cleaners did not change the sheets in the week I was there.

One day the ceiling fell down in the restaurant, when people were in there eating. The lights frequently turn off in and outside of the restaurants.

On the beach there are children begging and hassling you to buy stuff every 2 minutes.

All in all this was a very unpleasant holiday, and I would never return to Tunisia if someone offered to pay me for doing so!

I recommend you NEVER go there.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005