Good

Nice hotel but where are my photos

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Stayed in rom 4140 from July 10 to 21 2009.

Hotel photographer took photos of us. Collected CD the next day (evening befiore we left) and paid the required fee. Arrived back this morning put CD in computer and presto ......NO PHOTOS. Went to Iberostar website, looking for contact details to call them, could only find a call center number, called them, they gave me direct number to Hotel. So I called them and explained the situation, they said that I have to send a fax with my address etc and they will send me the photos. I will send the fax tomorrow and we will see what happens. I will write a seperate report about the hotel and my expereince there, its not a bad hotel, but I am really annoyed abouth the photos, lets hope they rectify this problem soon and follow up on what they said they will do."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

Brilliant hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We has a brilliant 2 weeks. Very few Brits on the island but managed to get by with school boy French and odd words of Italian and German. Food was excellent, staff suberb - both in the restaurant and the lovely maid who shaped towels into hearts and swans most days. No problem getting a poolside lounger but always spares on the beach. Evening entertainment was not up to much but no worse than other places in the Med - perhaps it's not having a continental sense of humour!
If you want a guiet civilised holiday and you like camels, go to this lovely hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Good, very Good weekends..

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I have learnt about this hotel on a site http://jerba.ru - Djerba and at once have made decision where to spend holiday. The matter is that Russians only had an opportunity recently to fly to this country.
I have returned from it hotels in the beginning of September, 2008. It is fine and very comfortable hotel. The price justifies on all of 100 %. The picturesque place, the fine sea and the attentive relation of the personnel of hotel - all it does rest unforgettable. I will necessarily return here still!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

This is #1?

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I am an avid Tripadvisor.com researcher, and recently (Thanksgiving week) traveled through Tunis to Djerba and then to Paris. Our stay at both hotels in Tunis and Paris were wonderful...but the Iberostar left me with a feeling of disappointment.

The room had two beds pushed together and had no character, or warmth,
but it did have ANTS..I even found them in bed when we woke up early to check out!

The grounds (pool and beach area was the only plus, and there were beautiful)..The food....I really expected better. It was "chewable." (And awful).

I am not normally one to complain, I always write the most honest reviews, and I believe this is the first one I have written to be negative..but for a huge resort, it had so little class and charm..
Maybe the size was the reason, I just cannot understand the number one rating.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and not to blame, but the hotel it self can use much improvement. And I do not care to sleep with ants! We had no food in our room and I noticed them in various places on the morning we left. I assume they were night crawlers since we were up at 4:30 am for our departure."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of November 2007

Best Holiday ever

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Djerba Beach with my girlfriend and my parents. What a fantastic time we had. Only let down was it took just over an hour to get through Passport Control in Djerba Airport, and we had a 4 & half hour delay coming home.

The hotel is very clean, the facilities available (both indoor & outdoor pools, beach, restaurant etc) are brilliant.

Since only a handful of British arrive every Saturday, the food tends to sway towards more continental europe (french/german), but don't let that put you off. Everything was cooked to perfection, and even if there isn't anything in the main meals you don't like you can alway have pizza or pasta which is cooked to your liking. Same thing at breakfast as well, except it's omlettes which are custom made.

Most of the staff are cheerful, always smiling, and very helpful. The bar staff in the Beach Barr are especially good once they remember who you are & know what you drink.

The entertainment is a bit lack lustre but on the whole, enjoyable. There are various outdoor activities to take part in throughout the day, and the team tend to put on their own show every other night. Occassionaly there is live music in the main bar area, which is quite nice to listen & maybe dance to, after a hard day's sunbathing.

The rooms are spotless and well Maintained. What is especially nice on some occassions, the maid will arrange your towels on your bed in the shape of swans. If anything breaks in your room just report it at reception and a maintenance person will fix it within minutes.

If you have chance have a turkish bath & massage. On your first couple of days the main fitness centre person will come round to drum up business. See if you can haggle down to about £15, this works out to 37.5 dinars. Believe me, it will be the best £15 you'll ever spend.

All in all the hotel is the best one on the island, the trips are reasonably priced and worth going on. We heard the 2 day Sahara trip is especially enjoyable, and worth the money.

My parents hired a taxi, through the Rep, at the cost of 50 dinars. this was a 4hr trip & the taxi driver took them all over the island.

Anyone who goes to this hotel is in for a treat & I hope this review is helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We have recently retuned from our holiday at this hotel 25 Aug - 1 Sept. If you like relaxing beach holidays this has to be the place to go. The hotel was fantastic situated in gardens with mature palms right on the beach. The pool was large and clean, as was the beach, with lovely white sand and warm water. It was never a problem getting a sun bed, although they were more plentiful on the beach.

We arrived late at night but that was no problem, the restaurant had been kept open to serve us with a meal. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, they seem to genuinly try to understand you and always did their best to help. We were part of a large family group and had three rooms, all were kept immaculately clean during our stay.

The food was good and varied, but mainly catered towards German and French tourists who formed the majority at the hotel. Dont be put off by this, there was always something that each member of the family liked, however we felt that it may have got a little boring after a week. Fresh fruit and cakes was always in good supply as was free bottled water which was needed for teeth cleaning etc. as the tap water is undrinkable.

We were advised by the tour operator only to go on organised trips, however, we did go to the local market one day by taxi and had no problem. The family had great fun bartering for presents.

I tried hard to think about negative points but cant, we would certainly stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

loved the iberostar djerba beach

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"just back last week 11.8.07 hotel very clean and comfortable , food very good and moreish definate tend to over-eat and plent y of variety ,pool fabulous and right on beach too , beach very clean and no problems with touts selling their wears as always moved on by the hotel security night life around hotel and at hotel leaves a bit to be desired but after a hectic day loungeing around who wants it. animation team very good and friendlly keep and eye out for Kimmo he's very good. only down side is the fact that not many english go there yet and the hotel seems to favour the french in some cases but over all a very good hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay we recommend the 2 day trip to the sahara its a v good trip and worth every penny only approx £75"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Superb Hotel

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a truly wonderful holiday. The hotel entrance was welcoming and the reception staff friendly and helpful. The decor was elegant and the atmosphere relaxing.
The food was very good; we felt confident to try anything and didn't feel compelled to stick to "safe food" as everything looked fresh, was cooked properly and stored sensibly. The staff were lovely; so friendly and attentive without intruding.
The animation team were wonderful - hard working was not the word - they worked from 9am til 11pm and then continued with a bit of a bop at the disco after hours! They always had a smile on their faces and again, had time for everyone, encouraging people to join in but accepting no if you'd rather watch from the sidelines. The shows were enjoyable although some people found cause for complaints, but then some people are hard to satisfy. When you're on holiday you know what the entertainment is like and to be honest we felt this was far superior to most places that we've stayed at previously. They had a fortnightly timetable so the only show that is repeated is the traditional belly dancing night.
The beach was perfect and always plenty of sunbeds and parasols which was important as we had our 22 month old granddaughter with us. It was far harder to get a parasol round the pool; the children's pool had the sum of 2 parasols but plenty of beds.
The banana boat rides were brilliant and free!! Our daughters enjoyed the paragliding at a cost of 50 dinars for 3 people (less than £25). It was fun to watch the camels strolling up and down the beach but we weren't persuaded to take a ride - not that you were hassled. However there were lots of locals that continually paraded their ware up and down the beach but they were never allowed to approach too close so providing you avoided eye contact it did not prove to be a problem.
Definitely recommend to anyone - lovely relaxing holiday although our trip to the market in Midoun was an experience - we decided we were not made out for haggling!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

Great relaxing holidays

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I have been with my wife and 2 children (4 years and 15 months old baby) one week beginning of May.
I've been positively surprised by my holiday. The hotel is great, very clean and confortable, a high standard compared to other hotels in Tunisia. The beach is well although some stones or rock make it difficult to "run" directly into the water.
The ambiance in Djerba is much more relaxing comparate to Hammamet. The people is less harasting and more polite and respectful. But don't forget to also respect Tunisian's culture.

For the hotel itself, I've found it very cosy, we had a triple room which was suprisly big with an outsanding view of the ocean. The food was good (surprising for an all-inclusive) and the afternoon pan cakes was a really good idea. Don't be afraid to come with children, the miniclub takes care of your children. We don't have the habits and letting our child to the miniclub because we have always the fear of a not big supervisory. But it was not the case here. Moreover, the food was aslo adapted to children, with a pizza buffet.
For the price/pleasure ratio, don't hesitate too much. Go for it.
The downsides are always the same in all hotels : sometimes food is not good, you have to get up early to find a swimming pool chair, some staff are not friendly, ... But that's life :-) Enjoy it and relax"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Fabulous Holiday

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Just returned from 14 days in Iberostar Djerba Beach Hotel had a fantastic time.The Hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly we had no trouble with the language as it was mainly Germans and French in the hotel the staff tried to understand English and did so.What can I say about the pool fantastic I went in most days and this is from a non swimmer it was clean and beautifully kept and the gardens around were lovely.The food was very good plenty to choose from and always fresh fruit.The entertainment every was very good only 1 repeat in 14 days and this was the Tunisian dancing.The animation team were excellent always smiling and very helpful.The beach was good a little seaweed but nothing to stop you wanting to go in the sea and there were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and on the beach of course people still put their towels on the sunbeds.I would certainly recomend this hotel although I would say it was not for the age 20 _ 35 if you want a relaxing holiday then this is the place for you."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Fantastic holiday May 27th to June 3rd....

Reviewed Sun 4th of June 2006

"Fantastic holiday May 27th to June 3rd.

Hotel is fantastic, rooms faciliities are of the highest quality. Staff couldnt be more helpfull, and the food is out of this world! excellent choices every meal, buffet style with choices to suit every taste possible.

Fabulous swimming pool, wonderful beach, plenty of sunbeads etc. There is a little evening entertainment, but as yet not very much, however all in all absolutely fabulous!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

The Iberostar Dejrba beach hotel will be...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of April 2006

"The Iberostar Dejrba beach hotel will be a great hotel, but only in a few months! Imagine a beautiful sunny day, with hammering in the background. Renovations of the hotel were not finished when we went in April 2006, and Thomas Cook had not warned us beforehand.

It was very disappointing to arrive in a hotel with construction everywhere and smell of paint all the time in the rooms. Forget the hammam, the mini-golf, the indoor swimming pool or the mini club for kids- those might take another 6 months! There was no snack bar or pool bar either when we were there. Construction kept us up until 1:30 am some nights, with noise starting again at 7:30 am. At that speed, maybe it will be a real 4 star sometime soon. But I'd definitively check before you book with them!

Otherwise the beach and new pool are nice. Staff is professional and friendly. Nice day trips from the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006