About The Seyyida Hotel & Spa

• baggage storage
  • bbq facilities
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water

Good
Good

Great location!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I stayed at Seyyida with a friend and it was my first holiday in Africa. The hotel is tucked away beside local shops with kids playing outside. I found the hotel very warm and I loved the fat that I can easily walk towards the water and Fordhani Park whenever I wished. The staff are very friendly and are very willing to converse with guests and propose activities that can be done while in Stone Town. The rooms are lovely and the whole design feels all natural, not pretentious in any way. Dinner was especially nice!! The hotel is a short drive away from the local markets. If you´d like to interact more with the locals, then all you have to do is head out to Fordhani Park at night and enjoy the night food market where they offer all sorts of grilled seafood, barbecued meats, Zanzibar pizza and sugar cane juice to mention a few. The most special part of the hotel for me is the the food area as it overlooks the port. It gives a view of the beautiful blue geen water during the day and a starfilled sky at night! Definitely worth a visit!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

FABULICIOUSNESS

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Finally a hotel in Stone-town, that captures your imagination of old zanzibar and draws you to the present time and time again. This classy boutique hotel certainly stands in a class of it's own: from it's delectable degustation menu fit for royalty - preferably had at the rooftop overlooking muezzins and succulent east african sunsets; to it's location, right behind the sultan's palace with a voyeurs view of the Indian ocean. I would pay triple for the discretion, quadruple for the baited expectation, and an empresses dowry to make sure I got a room in high season."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

Magical & Stunning Location in Old Stonetown - A trip back in time

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"The Seyyida Hotel & Spa, is magic and I'll be back for a long weekend with my wife so that we can celebrate our Romance...

The Seyyida Hotel & Spa just opened a few weeks ago, at first I was a bit reluctant to stay in an hotel which recently just opened, however since I'm travelling on regular basis to Zanzibar for business I decided to try something new and different then usual the Serena... and I'm not regretting my decision of staying two nights there!

Located in the Old of Stonetown, right next to the Zanzibar Palace Museum, a 1 minute walk from the House of Wonders, the Red Fort of Forodhani and its Gardens, it's also overlooking the picturesque Zanzibar Harbour Sea. It is the best located hotel in the Historical part of Zanzibar Town.

The Building is new and has been constructed respecting the Zanzibar style, it's a mix of Arab, Indian and features recalls other old building of Stonetown. The entire hotel is fitted with Marble floors, also an inside open court garden which gives a breath of fresh air, an oasis in this old and hot stonetown... After climbing 3 floors you get to the bar and restaurant which is on a beautiful terrace overlooking the Sea, you can also see from there the Palace Museum and the Sultan's Family Grave yard.

I took a balcony sea view, it's real big, whith A/C, satelite TV, Tea and coffee maker, safe, hair dryer,slipperes and everything... The bathroom is huge and all in marble... I've got to say that for a Stonetown Hotel I'm really impressed as even the Serena doesn't get to that standard of rooms and size...

The bar is serving great cocktails especially seating at sunset on this roof top terrace its magic... Dinner till now was the best one I had in Stonetown, I had millefeuille of prawns for starter and filet for the maincourse, and a fruti platter for dessert, the all was an amazing experience of fusion cuisine. The wine menu is mainly composed of South African Wines and from the best domaines. I've got to say that served on the roof top terrace was the cherry on the cake! The all experience was at reasonable costs. The next morning breakfast was good, I took a proper breakfast continental with fresh juices, fruits different breads and muffins, home made marmelade... correct.

Overall service was OK, I've ordered on the 2nd evening a room service, it didn't took long before been served, it took 20 minutes between ordering and been served. It was prepared, well served and still hot! In other places I've stayed in Stonetown, from the time you order a room service it takes more than one hour and it's always cold!

There is also a Spa on the ground floor, I looks really nice and fitted purposely, I haven't tried it, but hearing coments for another guest it seems that Spa has been outsourced to Lemon Spa Zanizbar, which is apparently one of the best in Stonetown. I'll get my wife to try it on our next visit!

I was also able to work freely in my room, in the looby and even on the roof top terrace, the all hotel is wireless, which was a real plus since I was there on business.

In a nut shell, I will from now on stay there instead of the usual other hotels of the same standards in Stonetown. At least this one is not just the best available, as some tend to be because they had no competition and therefore lack on the service. The only regret is that the hotel does not have a swimming pool.

At check out the receptionist staff provided me with a correct bill and the signed bar and restaurant bons, no mistakes and I didn't had to argue in order to get a poper receipt, since I was there on business, I could even pay with my credit card without been cheated of an ridiculous cc surcharge as other hotels do!

Well I can only recommend it for pleasure or business this Boutique Hotel is amazing and real good value for money!

XM Etienne"