Good
Good

A lovely surprise in stone town

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Lovely hotel with typical character of Zanzibar. Very well located in old stone town, We received a warm welcome from the staff. Roof terrace where we used to have our breakfast and relax. Our room was beautifully decorated as the rest of the hotel.
We paid $180 per night incl a very good breakfast.
Strongly recommended"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

lovely place

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I am picky and this is a great place if you want a boutique hotel with traditional design. Quite, calm, beautifully furnished, friendly staff. Only thing that was not good was breakfast, which was incredibly average. otherwise this place is classy!! Good for a couple."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2010

A 5-star, one of a kind!!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"This is truly one of the most beautiful boutique hotels I've EVER stayed in. The hotel is immaculate beyond description, and I would recommend it for anyone travelling alone or with partners for special occasions (honeymoons or really anything else). I travel frequently, so, I've seen the good and the bad. There's absolutely nothing bad to say abotu Kisiwa House. I'll go step by step:
1. Location: Perfect location that gives you walking access to all of the cool, must-see sites in downtown Stone Town (Forodhani Park, Africa House for their beautiful sunset, local vendors, etc.). The area is really safe, so, no worries is you're travelling solo.
2. Rooms: VERY modern rooms equipped with flatscreen TV's with tons of international channels.
3. Food: Breakfast is included in the room cost, which is a nice perk AND the chef
makes your food to order, which is even nice...make sure you try the Zanbarian spiced coffee (will totally leave your tastebuds wanting more)!! haha...In addition to the good food at Kisiwa, their are also plenty of reallly, really good restaurants at a walking distance serving a variety of dishes from around the world (local, Indian, Italian, etc.). If you're in Stone Town on a Friday, you MUST go to Forodhani Park -- BEST kabobs and local food where lots of locals and tourists mingle and enjoy the same food.
4. Sightseeing: There's travel agency across the street from Kisiwa which can arrange various excursions for you. If you're feeling adventurours, you can also use cabdrivers who will inevitably give your their business cards at the port. Personally, I would advise against the later option if you're travelling solo, but, would definitely go for it if you're with friends...make sure you bargain!!
5. Staff: Staff is GREAT!! They're super helpful, non-intrusive, and accomodating.

I think this sums up what I have to say, and I still feel like my review doesn't do the hotel enough justice!!! If you're ever in Zanzibar, you'll regret not staying here!! The quality of this hotel and the customer service absolutely made my stay memorable, and I would go back in a heartbeat if I'm ever on that side on the world."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of August 2010

True Gem

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"True gem in Stonetown! In a city where it was pretty hard to chose a hotel as there are so many so I decided for this one and didn't regret it!
Traditional zanzibari house, with all the decoration that goes with it. The room was good sized, very airy, extremely clean and quiet, which was perfect after a busy day sightseeing. The staff is knowledgeable, nice, not intrusive and kept giving me great recommendation for day trips, especially for someone travelling alone. And last but no least, the food is yummy and breakfast on the top of the house is the best!
Totally recommending it!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Wonderful Hotel!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Its an authentic old town house with beautiful and spacious rooms.
The staff is very friendly and competent. Very good services! Cleanliness is impeccable.
The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant offers the finest food in Stone Town.
We had a wonderful stay and we really recommend Kisiwa House!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of April 2010