Good

Great value stylish hide-away in Paje

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I really loved the Dhow Inn. It's much nicer than many of the bungalow style places I've been, and the intimate and stylish communal areas are great to chill out in. Also being a bit set back from the beach is really nice as you can relax without the normal tourist-related hassle, and jump in the sea when the mood takes you. Good cocktails and breakfast too."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

Superb spot on the East Coast

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"I happened to be in Dar Es Salaam on business and decided at the last moment to pop over to Zanzibar for the weekend. It was not easy choosing a place as there are so many on Zanzibar island. However, the fact that Dhow Inn had wireless internet was the deciding factor for me as I had to keep in touch with my emails over the weekend (sounds sad but I did get plenty of beach time!).

Here are my pros and cons of Dhow Inn:

Pros:
- the exotic and trendy look /design of the place
- relatively fast Wifi
- amazing stretch of beachfront, bit quieter than "main" Paje beach area
- friendly staff
- great swimming pool (nice alternative when the tide is out)
- Reasonably priced, both the accommodation and food/drinks
- the home -made bread served for breakfast

Cons:
- the Restaurant: apparently this restaurant is one of the best in the area, but it didn't live up to my expectations. The food was rather plain, and I expected more from a Zanzibarian kitchen.
- no South African wines on offer. I was very suprised that they didn't have a single bottle of SA wine, just one red and one white imported all the way from Australia (which wasn't good at all!).
- Service was rather slow.

All in all it was still a very memorable weekend, and i had a super time at the Dhow Inn. The Pros outweigh the Cons by far!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Beachy paradise in an intimate setting, slow pace

Reviewed Thu 14th of February 2013

"My boyfriend & I came across the Dhow Inn after having stopped at several other hotels/bungalows nearby and stayed for 4 nights in late Feb 2009.

It's a small hotel with a beautiful property right out of a postcard - thatched dining room, beautiful lobby/lounge/bar, lovely pool & very reasonably priced. The other guests were young couples / older solo vacationers / young families, however the bar attracted a younger clientele some evenings - especially when events were planned.

The dutch woman running the hotel was wonderful & went out of her way to make arrangements for us and make sure we had a good time. Thank you!

The food, like all the other restaurants on the beach, was pricey (for us) and we didn't have the best of luck with our selections, but others apparently had better luck. Breakfast was terrific."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of March 2009

In one word perfect!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"I was there with snoert. It is an absolutely beautiful place!
Nice service and clean rooms.
In one word a perfect place for a holiday!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2009

A little paradise on earth, the best place to relax after hectic Dubai

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"A lovely small guesthouse in the nicest little town, what a great place to celebrate Christmas with my family & friends! All you need is a book on the sofa in the beautiful garden and you just can't imagine the hectic life back home anymore. The chef is definitely the best in town, a little patience needed, but worth every minute.
And Wifi on an elevated terrace overlooking the white sandy beach and turquiose sea... it makes the fact you have to work during your holidays suddenly not so bad!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2009

Great ! I love these small funky hotels !

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Dhow inn is lovely if you prefer small hotels! pitched between a guesthouse and luxurious hotel, dhow inn gives you the best of both worlds! combined with the great staff that really make you feel at home!

The jambo bar at the beach is awesome!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2009

Simply Great!!!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"What a great place. We had such a nice time with the family. Very personal and attentive service, great, fresh, food that tended to all of our wishes. Don't know if they still do it, but see if it's possible to have the fresh kingfish steak barbeque extravaganza!! AMAZING...
Obviously a unique and beautiful location on just 40 mins. form the airport!

I recommend dearly!

Cheers..."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of February 2009

Best restaurant in Paje.

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Had a wonderfull stay at Dhow Inn. Dhow Inn is located in a safe little fishing village. There's a swimmingpool, a restaurant and they offer free wifi internet. Staff was very nice and helpfull. They organised everything for us: safari, swimming with dolphins!, kitesurfing and helping us sort out all are flights home, because we lost our tickets...

Rooms are well-equipped and clean.

Food is great! Very tastefull. We've tried a couple of other restaurants in and around Paje, but the food in Dhow Inn is by far the best. And don't forget the cocktails :)
Would def. reccomand this small hotel.
Ciao!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

Like you are in paradise

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"A lovely small hotel near the beach. Small, comfortable rooms which are very clean. Outside around the pool there is a lovely and well kept garden. The food that is served, is excellent and all the people are very friendly. Staying at the Dhow Inn is like staying in paradise!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of October 2008

Pretty little hotel

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"The Inn is nicely restored and very tastefully decorated. The rooms are small but with good beds. There is even a small, fine pool at the back of the Inn, which is rare in Paje and makes up for the fact that the hotel is not right at the beach but second row. People that like constant (admittedly trendy and good) music will enjoy themselves as the whole place is full of speakers that are on all day, quite loud too. People that need some peace will find that a bit taxing after a while. Food is good and varied, but just as the drinks, very pricy."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008