About Langi Langi Beach Bungalows

• currency exchange
  • massage
  • fishing amenities
  • special diet menus
  • private check in check out
  • snorkeling amenities
  • diving

Good

Beautiful beach and lovely hotel

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I booked my 2 night stay at LangiLangi through my safari operator. After arriving at the hotel we were shown to our room which was in the garden area and I was not very happy. Though the garden area was very pretty, I had requested a sea front room with my tour operator because I wanted to relax after safari and be able to sit and watch the ocean. I am still unsure if the room was booked incorrectly by the tour company or if it was the hotel's mistake.
However, after several minutes of discussion, the management of LangiLangi decided to keep us happy and just go ahead and move us over to a sea view room. We were moved to sea view room # 4 .
It is on the second floor and has a lovely little balcony that looks out over the deck and the most amazingly blue water I have ever seen. The room itself was great. The bathroom was huge and spotless (the shower could fit 5 if you really wanted) and there was a very large bed and a small sitting area in the room. A minifridge and safe were also there and the airconditioning worked very well and was much needed between 2 and 4 pm.
The hotel manager (owner?) was onsite and made sure to check up on us and ensure that we were now satisfied with the hotel. The rest of the staff was efficient but nothing to write home about. Breakfast was included with the room and was a choice of eggs, pancakes, or french toast. All of the breakfast's started out with a yummy fruit plate and juice and finished with coffee. We ate dinner out at other hotels so I cannot comment on that. The hotel had a lovely swimming pool near the garden rooms but it seemed to be empty most of the time. Near the restaurant is a staircase leading down to the beach with gorgeous fine sand and warm water.
Loved having a few days to relax in the beauty of a Zanzibar Beach and I would stay in the LangiLangi's sea front rooms again in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of March 2008

there are better places to stay at

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Dear People, when in nungwi, you really must check out other places for yourself before booking at langi langi.
We tried Mnarani Beach cottages and it was much better if not for anything else then simply for the fact that we did not feel we were in the middle of the city centre since the area around langi langi is so busy you cannot think of it as a holiday. Its perfect to stay there if you are there to party but not if you are there for a proper holiday on the beach. There is just so much human traffic on the beach, you would actually think you're in Ibiza during December.

Flame tree cottages are a much better location for a holiday in terms of the beach and all that."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of March 2008

Great place

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I have just spent 12 nights as a singel female traveller at this nice hotel. Clean, well kept and a friendly staff who quickly learned my first name and took very good care of me. The manager lives on the property and is very concerned about the guests comfort.
My first six nights were booked in advance direct via their home page which I recommend since this is a popular place. Fortunately someone else cancelled and I could stay on - moving to an even nicer room (106). Most of the guests were northern europeans and very quiet which adds to the tranquility.
The breakfast was ordinary (fresh fruit, tea/coffee, toast and eggs in one form or another) but the view from the verandah extraordinary! Langilangi does have a little beach when the tide is low and when the tide is higher you either walk to the one next door (1 min) or get in the water from the stair case leading from the verandah.
Go here - relax and enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

Great

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We stayed at Langi Langi In december 07, its a great hotel. Friendly service, good food, great pool. I think the highlight of the place is the location! Its walking distance to all the great restaurants and of course Cholo's (great bar).
Also you can walk to all the other great beaches which are further down, only problem is you need to be careful of the tide. Its a great Hotel, would recommend it to anyone. Only downside, was we were in one of the older rooms so the aircon packed up every so often."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of February 2008

We loved our stay!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We just returned from our Tanzania trip and spent 3 nights at Langi Langi. I was very happy with the hotel. The bungalows were clean, comfortable, and air conditioned. The owners were very friendly, and went the extra distance to do little things like provide fresh fruit to the guests at the pool. We found the restaurant to be the best food in the Nungwi area. Everytime we tried a new place to eat, we ended up wishing we had stayed at LangiLangi for the meal! The restaurant is also a BYOB which is nice for a budget traveler. There is a shop close-by to get alcohol, so we enjoyed bringing our own....saves money and you can have exactly what you want. Wish I could be there right now!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

excellent stay at Langi Langi

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I would highly recommend Langi Langi as a place to stay in Nungwi. We had another hotel booked which fell through and thankfully Langi Langi had a cancellation, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise! The setting is in the heart of the Nungwi bungalow/hotel strip just next to Cholo's and all the main divecenters and we stayed in the beautiful family room overlooking the beach. The staff were so friendly and helpful and they really looked after us, they were the perfect hosts. The food was also some of the best we had in zanzibar, not the generic tourist food that seems to be everywhere in nungwi! I have been to zanzibar twice in various parts of the island and Langi Langi was definitely the best place I have stayed in."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Most Amazing hotel in Nungwi Zanzibar

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel in december and had one of the most enjoyable vacations in my life the food at the restaurant is excellent especially the traditional dinner and also the lobster, the staff are polite, ready to provide any help, they always smile at you the rooms are just amazing i stayed at the seaview rooms and we had very good views of the sea and the sunset and also the traditional zanzibar boats on the ocean the rooms always cleaned and the rooms itself was very big. the pool is one of the best in the area and the hotel manager is very friendly he gave us one night free dinner they have have got the only cafe in nungwi. i would recommend anyone this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of December 2007

Far and Away the Best Hotel in Nungwi

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"First may I say that if you are looking for a hotel in Nungwi then the Langi Langi should be top of the list.

Me and my partner arrived in Zanzibar and originally planned to stay in Jambiani, (beautiful beaches but very limited choice of places to eat and everything seemed to close by 8pm) so we took some advice and travelled up to Nungwi. The Langi Langi was the 3rd hotel we checked out and we were extremely glad we didnt pick either of the first 2.

The rooms were fine, big double bed, air-con and fan, fridge, indoor table and chairs, pool facing balcony and always kept clean. We were even upgraded to a nicer room within 10 minutes of arrival free of charge. There is also a new luxurious sea-view section with 9 rooms being built. We were given a guided tour by the manager and it does look outstanding; it should be ready for the New Year.

The level of service from the staff was excellent. They were extremely friendly, very polite and always had a genuine smile. We really appreciated the regular rounds of complimentary poolside fresh fruit and drinks. The manager Solomon (excuse the spelling) was the perfect host, very outgoing, great to talk to and very keen to ensure we had the perfect stay.

The breakfeast was a good choice, fresh fruit followed by a choice of pancakes, french toast or omlettes. As for the main menu, the restaurant served traditional zanzibar recipes, which we found were tasty and original, a refreshing alternative to some of the other restaurants. I would warn though, if you ask for anything with chili in it be ready for the hottest spice you're ever likely to taste!

We stayed for 5 nights in total and were really pleased with this hotel. I would recommend anyone unsure of where to stay whilst in Nungwi to check this hotel out first, youll not be dissapointed."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of December 2007

Fab spot with fab people

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Saw only one review on Langi Langi (Tripadvisor) and a bit worried (!), so wrote to many resorts in the area. Langi Langi was the first to come back (some never even responded), with great prices and good internet service. We were doing a last minute booking and were delayed because of visas, but the management were so patient! They arrange for lift from Stonetown and back. There were many things about this hotel we loved:
Price - they only charged us for 2 adults, our 6 year old was free.
Rooms - our room had a pool side view, massive bed and big enough for xtra bed for our son. Also little fridge and table and chairs. No frills, but aircon and fan worked great! Also kept very clean and we left valuable goods in our room - no problem!
Restaurant - Great breakfast included (fresh fruit, and choice of pancake, omlette or french toast). We tried one other restaurant in the area, but opted to go back to the hotel restaurant. The best meals at the best prices and you can bring your own booze - great saving!!! Try the local specialities!
Location - most of the rooms look out to the pool and the restaurant is situated overlooking the sea. Two nice beaches next to hotel. Great spot - close to the action, but very private.
Pool - this hotel must have the best pool of all the budget hotels in the area. Massive, blue and clean - our 6 year old spent hours swimming!
Service - the staff were really very helpful in booking trips and even packing breakfast when we overslept and nearly missed the snorkeling trip! Our son was in tears when he had to say goodbye to all his friends (staff!!)."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of December 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"One of the best hotels in Nungwi the hotel management is very help full and food is excellent the tooms are superb"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007