About Konokono Beach Resort

• babysitting
  • infinity pool

Good
Good

Luxurious beach side hide away

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Stayed for 7 nights after a safari in Tanzania and was just what we needed! The Villas are spacious and immaculate. A fantastic outdoor living area with patio and small plunge pool made staying at the villa a relaxing experience. The staff were among the best i have experienced at any hotel and far superior to any that i have come across in the UK. Friendly, but not overbearing and nothing was ever too much trouble. The food was excellent, lots of fresh sea food as you would expect. Dinner served on the beach every evening by moonlight made for the romantic stay my wife and i were hoping for. The only downside was that, as with most of the best accommodation in zanzibar, you are a fair way from any of the cultural attractions or activities. Getting to them could prove costly. However, you would be hard pushed to find a better, more friendly, beach side hide away."

• Travel date: 15th June 2010

What a treat!!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We went on our honeymoon in the so called rainy season (Even though there was more sunshine than rain). First and foremost, finding a hotel with better and more personal service will be an impossible task. The people are very helpful and will carry you on their hands should you ask. The rooms are extremely spacious and very neat with a splash pool (very handy), an outside (private) bath and a veranda with lounge chairs. The food is of top standard, serving a four course supper every evening on the beach under candle and moon light. Kono Kono is very secluded, which is a plus as well as a negative, depending entirely on yourself. The setting however is of the best you will find in Zanzibar, with a perfect beach that is not as tidal as the rest of Zanzibar and a very unique plus of being able to see a sunset from the east coast. You can take long strolls along the beach without seeing one other tourist. This hotel is amazing and I will definitely return. The only negative is the distance to stone town and other tourist attractions, except Jozani Forest which is near. It will cost you round about $70 per vehicle for a round trip to Stone Town even though it is only 45min drive. I definitely recommend Kono Kono and do not let the 1 negative put you off, the rest of the hotel makes up for it tenfold."

• Travel date: 14th May 2010

away from it all, quiet exclusivity

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"Classy, tranquil & very quiet, we were the only guests as it was the rainy season(although it rained occasionaly, it was soon over & very hot again within minutes). We had all the staff looking after us, nothing was too much trouble, they were all very friendly & helpful. The ladies at the office Diane, Adina & Betty are very efficient & helpful & kept the whole thing running smoothly.The whole complex has class but simplicity, no TV or radio and for 6 days we never heard an engine running, not even an aircraft, I don't think that has happened to me in the last 30 years. Dining every evening on the desserted beach by candle & lantern light was excellent, the chef always asking what we would like & the waiting staff always at a discreet distance but not missing a thing. The beach is several kilometers long with no one else on it baring the occasional local fisherman, they are all very friendly & we walked on the beach at anytime, feeling safe & welcome. Not a single beach boy or tout in sight, just lots of small white crabs which are amusing but create no problems. The ocean is crystal clear, clean, warm & not rough whilst we were there, I suspect it will always be calm as the location is well protected from the direct tides. If you want a lot going on this is not for you, but to relax it is superb. If you do go, take every thing you need as there is no shop at the resort or within walking distance. Bliss."

• Travel date: 27th April 2010

Magnificent scenery, spacious, ethnic designed villas, great service

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We arrived at Kono Kono after an hour drive through the rural villages of Zanzibar and were greeted by friendly smiles and welcome refreshments and our experience just started and got even better as the stay progressed. The villas are spacious which was great as we were on holiday with our two children aged 2 and 5. The owners accommodated us by placing a cot and extra bed in the room and there was still plenty of place to get comfortable. Each villa has a private garden with a slash pool and better yet an outside private bath and shower which makes for excellent moonlight fun…. The beach pub is rustic but comfortable and offers shade and any beverage imaginable. You have to try the Mojito cock tail….excellent! The food was well prepared and we enjoyed a huge bonfire on the beach with the chief cooking up the most perfect seafood imaginable. The pool is large enough to ensure the whole family can relax and enjoy a break from the sun and sea if required, and in the summer months a pool is always required when visiting any beach resort in Zanzibar. All in all this is a magnificent, rustic, authentic but comfortable place to get away from it all and enjoy the beauty and tranquility that attracts one to Zanzibar. Well worth a visit, and don’t forget the Mojito cocktail…"

• Travel date: 31st December 2009

Just another day in Paradise

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Been in Stonetown for a few days business and I took this opportunity to spend the weekend on the coast and relax by the beach. After looking for a few places I decided to spoil myself on the South of Zanzibar at the Konokono Beach Villas in Michamwi beach, which is situated on a stunning deserted beach. I took me a bit more than an hour to get there from Stonetown, the last bit of road was in the middle of the bush to finally get to a beautiful reception properly expected, after been greet by the couple who managed the place and refreshed a bit they took me to my room, which is in fact a huge bungalow right on the sea front. The rooms was so comfortable, the bathroom is inside and also has an outside bathtub. The patio in front in well furnished with comfortable sofa, sundeck beds and a splash pool... a real paradise. I've stayed the rest of the day in the room and got a room service, which was in fact the waiter set a table on the patio for the dinner to be served there. Food was fresh and good, I took a bottle of wine, a main course and fruits for desert, it was simple more the enough and my taste buds went crazy, or maybe it was the wine... Slept wonderfully to get a breakfast served in the room, there again it was like they've brought the restaurant on the terrace of the villa. After breakfast I went for a massage at the Spa, the massage was good, but what was amazing is the location of the Spa, it’s right in the middle of the bush in an elevated banda, where you can feel the wind ear the birds, there again it was a special experience not to miss. I've spent the rest of the day at the main pool on the cliff overlooking the beach and its bar restaurant. It's a real paradise, a deserted beach of fine white sand bordered with coconut trees, ideal for swimming as the pristine water of the sea has no reef, and therefore no tidal difference as the East Coast of Zanzibar has. Two days were quickly over and had to head back to Stonetown for a day meeting. I have tremendously enjoyed this short break and I will definitely come back, but this time I will be taking my wife with as I felt extremely lonely in this paradise were been two is a must, unless you need a serious break or are an hermit!"

• Travel date: 7th October 2009

PERFECT VACATION

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Kono Kono hotel is a new establishment where my husband and I had the privilege to have spent a few lovely nights. The rooms are tastefully decorated, spacious, cosy and classy. Every villa has a spacious terrace with a splash pool, a natural garden surrounding the villas giving ultimate privacy but nonetheless with a nice view of the sea (the front villas). A massage on the tree top spa was peaceful and unique and the long, quiet stretch of white sandy beach ultimately unforgettable. In summary, this place is simply a jewel in Zanzibar, with Sandra, Kevin and the team adding the cherry on the cake given the service was impeccable, great food and attention to details extremely impressive. I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to be in a place that will leave a lifetime impression."

• Travel date: 26th September 2009

Hotels near Konokono Beach Resort

Konokono Beach Resort is also called

• Kono Kono Beach Villas
  • kono kono beach villas zanzibar
  • kono kono