Exterior

About Berjaya Praslin Resort

• smoking rooms available

Good

Should have stayed next door

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I recently stayed at this hotel and after arriving our driver told us this was probably one of the worst hotels on the island. The rooms were very clean, and the reception desk was friendly, however the beach was a little walk from the hotel. There are no comfortable chairs to rest and and the beach as covered in pine needles and seaweed. The resteraunt staff on the beach, also with the hotel, were not friendly and very slow. They also will not take their own currancy so bring Euros or dollars. The breakfast and dinner were included, but most nights the dinner was absolutely horrible forcing us to go to the much nicer hotel next to us almost every night. There is no tv or internet service available at this hotel. The island was absolutely beautiful and there are many nice places to drive to, I just wish our hotel was also nice."

• Travel date: 19th August 2007

Fantastic position, OK hotel

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Visited this resort October 2003. Firstly, on the positive side, it has arguably the best position on anse volbert, which is a most beautiful beach, i.e. a good wide stretch of sea-weed free sand. The beach at anse volbert is quite simply stunning and an ideal choice for a holiday. The hotel has a backdrop of lush green mountain scenery, which was lovely. Indeed, the island of Praslin is the most beautiful tropical island I have ever visited - a real wow factor when you arrive! The sea was very shallow & you could walk out a long way before you needed to swim. There was some reasonable snorkelling by the rocks on the island directly in front of you, which you can almost walk to! There were quite a few fish, not much coral, but this seems the same story everywhere. You could do some cheap snorkelling trips on the beach to nearby spots (e.g. St. Pierre island - $10) The hotel is a 3* and does not deserve a better or worse rating. If you are happy with this and don't expect the ritz, then it would be a good choice. Rooms were clean in attractive cottages. There are basic rooms in a two storey block and superior rooms in single storey blocks. They have everything you need - comfortable bed, clean - but they looked a bit dated. The bathrooms was the worst part - this looked very poor. I think the rooms miss a TV (with a film channel), because there is nothing to do in the evening excect eat, possibly have a few drinks and then go to bed. There was a reasonable selection of food, which was quite good quality. Breakfast was quite good. Half board is a good option because it is expensive out there. However, there is a beach bar to have a pizza, salad, burger etc, which was reasonably priced e.g. $10 pizza or similar main course, but it is hard to do the seychelles on a budget. Drinks were exceptionally expensive, e.g. $6 beer, $9 glass of wine, cheapest bottle of wine $45. There was a little shop (emphasis on little), right by the hotel but this had bread, cheese, crisps, coke and alcohol at very reasonable prices. There are two or three souvenir shops selling the usual tat near as well. Air seychelles was reasonable airline & I would fly with them again (we flew economy). Food, service was OK - nothing special though! They had a few problems with the films on the way back, which meant for a boring trip! The trip between the Mahe & Praslin is an issue. We flew there - I was really worried about baggage being over-weight as I heard they have limits of 15 kg - I need not have worried - they have a very casual attitude to such things (our bags were 20 to 25kg!). The flight was 15 minutes - very convenient. However, we came back to Mahe by fast ferry (Cat Coco) - I felt sick as a dog - even though it was not choppy, the motion of the ferry really made me feel ill. I heard quite a few other reports of this. Avoid this unless you have sturdy sea legs - it was the longest 45 minuntes of my life! Anse lazio was a cheap trip (less than £1 on the bus). This beach was quite simply the best I have ever seen. You could also organise several trips (e.g. La Digue $20, and various other islands similarly priced) by people on the beach - which had the advantage of just walking out from your room to the boat. We visited Vallee de Mai which to us was quite boring - after you have seen one palm tree, they all look the same! But if you are into this sort of stuff it may be fascinating. La Digue was beautiful - you can hire a cycle and have a good ride around - rock formations at anse source d'argent was amazing! We stayed for a week at Praslin and a week at Mahe - but on reflection wish we had stayed at praslin for two weeks - there is plenty of places to visit and the island is fantastic. In summary brilliant (if expensive) island, great position of hotel - average standards. Hope this review is helpful to you! Good luck"

• Travel date: 20th October 2004

Hotels near Berjaya Praslin Resort

Berjaya Praslin Resort is also called

• berjaya praslin beach resort
  • berjaya praslin beach