CHAMBRE GRAND LIT STANDART

good location

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Had a pretty limited choice of hotels as last minute trip dont regret booking in here great location and good staff bar and restuarant Rooms/bathrooms are very dated but clean and tidy hotel being renovated and 1st floor was out of action Would stay here again also cost me less than £50 for half board"

• Travel date: 18th December 2007

Decent place to stay in Tangier

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"We chose this hotel as guide books recommended having somewhere booked when your arrive in Tangiers by boat. The hotel is in the Nouvelle Ville, about 5 minutes walk from the medina. The street the hotel is on is pleasant (by Tangier standards) and just along from the lookout over the sea. The hotel is a little bit tired, but the room was fine, and decorated in a Moroccan style. The guy at reception was very friendly and helpful, and the pool/restaurant area at the rear is nice. There was building work going on on the 1st floor when we were there, which made it a bit noisy and dusty, but overall it was a decent place to stay."

• Travel date: 8th October 2007

Loved this hotel.

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We were 4 girls on our own for the weekend, and we had a great time here. The location of the hotel is excellent, the staff friendly and the value outstanding, the pool area is really quite pretty too. I Would definitely stay here again.. In close walking distance to the hotel were many great bars, great shopping and over all we felt safe and were never bothered."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2007

Loved this hotel

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I loved the whole feel of being in this hotel - the reception area, bar, poole area and the room - which was huge and had a real old style (good) decor."

• Travel date: 1st December 2006

Great deal!

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Very nice place for the price. Well worth the cost. The pool area is very relaxing, the room was fine, not fancy, but well worth the price. There was a man who worked at the front desk, am sorry I don't remember his name, but he was excellent and always very helpful and friendly. The restaurant where we ate breakfast was not all that good at all. There is a small cafe across the street though where you can get a much better cup of coffee or tea if you like. The location for Tangier, I think, is good. Easy enough to get around from and there's always petit taxis and grand taxis out front."

• Travel date: 18th September 2006

Great location and great 3 star hotel

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I stayed at the Rembrandt twice on my trip to Tangiers and loved it. Now I usually stay in 4 or5 star hotels but stayed at the Rembrandt because it was recommended. I was glad I did. The hotel is a mid 3 stars. If you want luxury this is not the place. But it was so nice. I had nice rooms which were clean. I did not eat there because there are a ton of restaurants right outside. I saw no bugs and had no unpleasant feeling bout the place. It is very centrally located and you can walk everywhere. So I would recommend this place to those who want to stay in the center of the city at a reasonable price and can enjoy a three star hotel."

• Travel date: 30th April 2006

Happy Birthday Zahra

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for the first birthday of my daughter. the hotel looks like nice from the outside and is so nice from the inside. the staff was very nice and my daughter was the atraction of the hotel. Very very good hotel."

• Travel date: 6th November 2005

Multiple stays

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"I had the pleasure (!) of being put up in the hotel for 6 weeks by my client who has a special deal with them, suffice to say, once you get into the rythem of the Moroc way of life the hotel comes good, gained a great rapore with the staff and even the room maids hung out my washed work clothes in the day time after I put them out of sight! go back every year to stay 2 nights for work and am met with pleasentries of my return, found that the restuarants down the side of the hotel and to the opposite of the entrance always empty save the bar full of footy tv fans but they spoke english and never got dodgy belly! pizza restuarant was cool too, All in all, take it easy and you'll enjoy your stay but hilton it ain't but then you would not get the feel of africa, as a first time visitor stand on the pavement outside early and soak up the atmosphere, this main street comes alive more than the west end (of london) in the evening, totally buzzing, great place to watch from the rooms at the front."

• Travel date: 12th August 2005

Find the roach!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel for one night. It's a nightmare. Of course it cost only 57EUR for a triple room. But this hotel is not for the foreign travelers. I couldn't see foreigners during my stay. So they didn't prepare for the travelers. The personnel was not good at English, it's funny. They didn't know how to introduce the informaton and the tour guide. And we found a quickroach(!!) aroung the table of the breakfast buffet. We called the personnel and he replied only 'yes' then. My friends and I were crazy. Never visit this hotel unless you long for the stay in hotel even if you're very poor."

• Travel date: 10th May 2005

a great relaxing hotel location!!!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"this hotel is all i would expect in a hotel of this class from the ornate lobby , to the piano bar to the lux rooms with large bath tubs and tv's. each room has programable air cond. (remote cntrl) the pool is great , it is in a walled garden and is like a little oasis surounded with the termoil that is tangier. i would though recomend food elsewhere as the price does not make it worth the quality. for food i would recomend casa espana it is just 3 min walk from the hotel around the side. If you go make sure to try and get Mohamid (simi) for your waiter as he is increadable. tell him his bearded american friend says hi, and be sure to ask him of his work on the set of hidalgo. if you are really daring there try the angillas of larache ( baby eels in a garlic sauce) i did not think i would like it but it was tasty. also thier surloin steak melted in your mouth. all at bargin prices,they even have beer on tap and pork and ham on the menu. back to the hotel If you can afford the 35 Euro to 65 Euro price then you will love this hotel a true bargin at the price."

• Travel date: 11th September 2004