Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 5th of March 2015

"Me and my other friends stayed at this hotel for three days we had a fantastic time, the spa was very nice and elegant and we were served by Asmaa, she was very nice and pleasant. Aida at the reception Was very helpful with organizing a cake for our surprise birthday party at their fantastic club restaurant in the hotel. Overall it was very nice and high standard service at the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of March 2015

Excellent service, good location, just a bit bland

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"I was here on a business trip/ trade show.
Good points - excellent service everywhere, uniformly friendly and plenty of staff
Decent sized rooms with attractive balcony, pretty landscaped gardens with one heated pool which was a bonus in late November. Extensive seating/day beds around pool.
Minus points - breakfasts seem to be the same every day, a bit dull after 5 days,
pool restaurant is expensive and the menu is a bit limited.
Decor looks a bit tired in places. A very long walk to most guestrooms. no separate shower cubicle. The whole experience is just a bit bland, nothing particularly memorable. If you are going to Marrakech you should stay in a more personable riad. for same price.
Only really bad point is the spa where you have to pay £25 to use per day even if you are a hotel resident which is absurd. Granted the hammam is attractive but this is a crazy fee and residents should get a much reduced price or FOC."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of November 2009

This indeed is a fine hotel

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"After reading reviews of Sofitel Marrakesh it was with some trepidation we set off for a 2-week holiday in early November - however we are so glad to have had the pleasure of our stay there to form our own opinion.
This indeed is a fine hotel with beautiful pool facilities and staff with a kind, friendly and helpful disposition.
Being somewhat mobility restricted we had requested a ground floor room near facilities and this was awaiting us. 2 other requests regarding the room were attended to while we had dinner. The courtesy and helpfulness of Ikram, Bouzeema and colleagues at the front desk were matched by the attention of Rabbi and Nadia serving dinner each evening.
The grounds and 2 sunny pools (especially the heated one!) were a delight facilitated by solicitous pool staff ( a hand-rail to ease entry to the warm pool would be greatly appreciated).
The room was spacious, bed sumptiously comfortable, plumbing faultless and food excellent - though a change in dinner menu would have been good. A bit more variety in the European breakfast section would be a bonus unless you prefer to break your fast with soup and dates.
Location is ideal with a £3 trip by petit taxi to the square - the culture shock of becoming familiar with the Souk is absolutely fascinating and really good fun. The new town is greatly more sophisticated than on our last visit 15 years ago.
Rugs were haggled for and amazingly were delivered to our home in Scotland the day after we returned.
All in all we are reflecting on a wonderful 2 weeks of a relaxing but stimulating holiday with fabulous weather - even eating outdoors each evening."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2009

Excellent, well-located hotel in Marrakech.

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I have stayed in this hotel several times but this is my first review. I found it to be a very well-located hotel, convenient and well maintained. I think the price is a little high for what you get, but this is really the same situation for all hotels in Marrakech and pretty much all of Morocco.
The service on check in was superb. Mint tea while you are waiting to fill out the hotel registration card was appreciated. A damp, scented washcloth was provided for your hands and face.
The room was perfectly acceptable. It was clean, the bathroom well maintained with plenty of hot water and the air conditioning functioned acceptably.
The breakfast buffet, which was included in my room rate, was well above average for Marrakech. The price, if paid separately, was quite high and you should therefore bargain to have it included in your room rate.
I have stayed in many, many hotels in Marrakech and the Sofitel is one of my favorites."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of November 2009

Pleasant surprise

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"Having read some recent reviews, my wife and I did have some misgivings about this hotel. However, when we arrived for check in I was pleasantly surprised. The receptionist asked me to take a seat whilst she started our check in. My wife and I and my daughter and son in law (who were not checking in) were offered scented towels and our registration documents soon brought over for me to sign. A member of the reception staff showed us to our junior suite which was an even bigger surprise. The junior suite was larger than many full suite's we have stayed in and really nicely decorated. We had a double balcony accessed from both bedroom and lounge and approximately 25' wide. The lounge and dining area consisted of a comfortable 3 piece suite and a table an 4 chairs . The bathroom had a changing area, a bathroom, a shower room and a seperate wc.
The quality of the hotel continued into the public areas and out to the two pools outside.
I found staff to be courteous and friendly and the hotel location was ideal for restaurants. Value for money the hotel I thought was excellent with our junior suite costing 142 Euro pn!!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of November 2009

Hotels near Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial

Top traveller tips for Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial

• Ghezel by Ghezel

"Try to book a room closer to the pool area, it has a lovely view "