Hotel

My experience of Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech

Reviewed 19th August 2016

"My advise would be not to go there unless you want broken beds for your children and inadequate AC in your room that doesn't cool the room. As a result you sleep on the sofa of your children's because it is cooler than your room. Same breakfast and not enough choice for children. And if you go there make sure you take plenty of toilet paper with you as they seem to have crisis of toilet paper. However they do supply enough towels but take a hand-wash as they only have soap. It is clean but there was dust under my children's beds and not to mention do not sit on your children 's bed as the planks will certainly break. Don't drink any water from there it is too expensive. "

• Travel date: 14th August 2016

not what I expected

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Just returned fromv a visit to Kenzi Menara Palace. The rooms were very large and attractive. towels and sheets changed daily as you would expect from a hotel of this standard however the hotel was either very quiet almost dead some evenings or on other occassions full of conference people who ran around at all hours of the night banging doors etc. The restaurant service was slow although breakfast was quite varied and fairly good. As we had booked half board both restaurants in the evening had very limited menus. My husband suffers from a nut allergy and although we explained this at every meal his food constantly came covered in nuts. The food in the Moroccan restaurant was of a very poor quality and was often inedible. We have just returned home feeling unwell, having paid a fortune for our stay. I cannot recomment the restaurants in this hotel as we are now having to undergo tests to discover the nature of our stomach infections."

• Travel date: 30th October 2009

Good hotel, especially if you like peace and quiet

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel with my daughter for a week. Newly finished, great surroundings, wonderful 50mt long pool (there were very few tourists during our stay and we often had the pool all to ourselves). Staff were all very nice, especially in the restaurants, although receptionists could have stepped up their game a bit. We can absolutely recommend the restaurant in the hotel (the continental one, we did not try the traditional one), the food was fantastic and good value for money - but the choice is a bit limited. Room service was good too but again a bit limited (tagine nice). The only gripe is the water from the minibar was VERY expensive (10 times more than in town), I would suggest that at the first opportunity you buy a few bottles whilst you are out and about. Overall, great, quiet place 10 minutes away from central Marrakesh but that's fine if you are looking for peace and quiet. We were disappointed by the spa, we tried the scrub but would not have it done again, but you get to use the multi sensory, multi coloured indoor pool and that's great."

• Travel date: 26th September 2009

Nice but fare.....

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"Yes, nice hotel a little bit empty. It is away from the city center *Medina" by cab approximately 15 minutes. Taxi cost at leat 4-5 EUR one way. At night, price juste jump up. to 10-15 EUR. The hotel is nice but the SPA IS NOT INCLUDED. You have to pay for everything like sauna, hamman, inside swimming pool. At least the Hamman and sauna should be available for the customer. The Hotel is located just next to the Club PACHA wich could be nice for the afficionados del dancefloor. At the bar coktails cost EUR 10 to 12 EUR. In top of your standar rate room you will have to add the local visitor taxe which is 10 EUR per day. The rooms are very nice and pleasant and clean, but details should be pay with more attention. Free internet wireless in the lobby only.Coudl be imporved."

• Travel date: 19th September 2009

two times expensive

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Actually I was so surprised when I see the beauty and the luxury of this hotel, during my stay everything was perfect. When I was checking out it was not possible to pay by credit card because of the line problems and they take the details of my credit card inorder to receive the payment later and one month later I've noticed that they collect the bill 2 times! I called them thousands of time, I've send an e-mail to everybody from this hotel but nobody is helping me! They are professional on apologising but now I believe that they really don't wanna pay me back my money .. I suggest you to be careful with your wallet and credit cards if you gonna stay in Kenzi Hotels..."

• Travel date: 14th August 2009

A real treat

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Arrived for 1 night stay without booking in advance. Was treated to a very friendly chat and free tea in comfortable lounge before I had agreed to stay. Was afraid that I was going to have to leave after that because the level of luxury convinced me I was out of my league. Very surprised to find it was only 1100DH (£80). Agreed to treat ourselves to 1 night of luxury but eventually stayed 5 days. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge and the head waiter. All staff would greet you whenever they saw you and most spoke reasonable English. Hotel is very modern, only opened in March 2009. Rooms are set in 6 three-storey blocks arranged around the pool. The pool is set in pleasant gardens and is a huge 50m x 25m, over 55m if you include the integral children's pool. Free, comfortable sun loungers with large umbrellas and towels brought to you as you arrive. The pool is first class by any standards and is the hotel's best feature. If you don't plan using it, there are probably better hotel choices available to you. The pool is large enough to never be crowded. Poolside bar serves food and drinks but is quite expensive. Rooms are large, modern and well equipped, with very little Moroccan styling. Air Conditioning, Flat Screen TV, Mini Bar, Safe, balcony/patio with table and chairs are all included. Bathrooms are superb and include bath, shower cubicle, toilet and bidet - the toilet even has a telephone. Hairdryers and free toiletries provided of course. Included breakfast has enormous choice and there is a Moroccan and an International restaurant. Had one meal in the International restaurant. Food was good with fairly small portions but served with style. Main courses were 90dh to 180dh. Extras were quite expensive - Minibar was 40dh for a small water, coffee/tea were provided but cost extra, snacks at poolside bar were 90dh, internet 35dh per 30 minutes. Spa not tested. The one drawback is the remoteness. The whole area is being developed but so far only a few hotels, a night club and a cinema have been completed. There is no bus service and it is not possible to walk into town (3 km) in the July heat. Nearest shop is about 1.5km away. Taxis cost 50dh each way but many taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is - so carry a map, memorize the address and make sure they don't take you to the wrong Kenzi hotel."

• Travel date: 5th August 2009

Fantastic - Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Fantastic customer service, very clean and lovely hotel. Great spa facilities included, you do need to pay for the sauna. Food okay a bit pricey but then it is a 5 star hotel. Lovely restaurants. Very spacious room and bathroom. Recommend the Hamman and scrub as well as listening to the music under water in the indoor jet pool. Both my husband and I will go back to the Marreckech mainly for the hotel. The hotel is a short distance from the Medina however, the cab fare is no more than 40 Dhirams. The scenery surrounding the hotel isn't great as buliding works are taking place, however trust me, don't let this put you off, the hotel is peaceful and you won't hear a sound. The Concierge was very helpful and arranged a driver to take us on a visit and other activities. stayed for 3 nights. Final comments. Amazing"

• Travel date: 22nd July 2009

New & trendy location in Marrakech

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Stayed in Kenzi Palace after the grand opening. This is a good value for money. Updated to the actual level of comfort and enjoyable to stay. Nice and trendy location. Not in downtown but so easy access. Surrounded by nice other outlets Pacha Disco, Restaurants etc."

• Travel date: 8th July 2009

Mix feelings

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"I have a mix feeling about my stay at the hotel. I was travelling with my family (6 people total) and decided to stay at this hotel due to the fact that was recently opened. On one hand, the hotel is great, superb rooms, very large ones (we stay at the suites), lovely pool, very courteous service, decent food. On the other, it is far from everything, and surrounded by nothing apart from the discotheque Pacha. The service is slow, as in many other places in the city, but once you get used to the speed is good. English was not a problem, as most of them speak it well. What is not understandable is that being a new hotel, and surrounded by nothing, there is not a shuttle bus to the city center, even more, taking a taxi was a bit painful, and takes time (15 minutes minimum). The fitness room was very nice, but opens at 9,00, and the charge for using it, something really that I do not understand in a place of that category. There are things that clearly have to be corrected, but overall I had a great time at Marrakech, and definitely I recommend a quite hotel, with the maximum luxury to relax from the daily activity. Mi kids had a lot of fun and love the place."

• Travel date: 20th May 2009

Extremely friendly staffed hotel with large rooms-great for kids!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"The hotel just opened so slip ups are inevitable. First the positives....the rooms were very big and they were able to fit a third bed with no problem in my kids adjoining room. They were great with the kids! The staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. Breakfast was good and included in the room price. The staff at the spa were excellent and the hammam was great. Dinner at the Moroccan restaurant was very good. The hotel had two tennis courts, a badminton court and a volleyball court (but no rentals yet). A few things they need to work on... there were no towels in the spa locker room and it needed more frequent servicing, some of the staff did not speak/understand english well, the outdoor pool was not heated and the rooms had no clocks and the bathrooms no conditioner. Withstanding these minor issues, we were very pleased with the hotel."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2009

This hotel was simply not ready for guests !

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"My adult family of 6 stayed here for 7 days starting March 12 2009. The hotel had been due to open Dec 2008 but only opened in early March . It had been difficult getting anyone to confirm it would be open before we arrived but we were assured it would be. We paid over 6,000 euros for 3 rooms b&b.. We were immediately aware on arrival that the spa was not open and neither was the pool bar. We were shown to our 3 rooms which had lots of minor, niggly faults and were moved to better rooms. The management were very well meaning and tried hard to placate us but we stayed here 6 months too early .It was quite clear that other guests had similar niggling problems and the overall impression we left with was that this is a very expensive hotel that failed to live up to its promise or potential. We would not return to the hotel but will certainly not reurn to Marrakech. All the staff tried very hard to overcome the organisational shortcomings but everyone there needs more time to get it right. My wife's special birthday holiday was certainly memorable but not always for the right reasons."

• Travel date: 21st March 2009

Hotels near Sentido Kenzi Menara Palace

Top traveller tips for Sentido Kenzi Menara Palace

• by Shammy

"Swimming pool is good. Try to get there early. Bring your own water. "

Sentido Kenzi Menara Palace is also called

• Kenzi Menara Palace
  • kenzi menara palace marrakesch
  • kenzi menara palace marrakech