Good

We'll go again without a doubt!

Good
Reviewed 18th November 2012

"As hotel names go,"The Royal Mirage Deluxe" sounds as if it would be able to promise and delivery the very best of everything. However this is a moderatly priced hotel in a country that offers many diverse examples of lifestyle and it does fall slightly short of the mark, but only slightly. The hotel is without a doubt an oasis of coolness, calm and tranquility amoungst a whirlwind of human activity. We found all the staff without exception to be curtious, polite and helpful. The pool was beautiful and never crowded. The resturants were all delightful, offering a mouthwatering array of dishes, (priced similar to those found in Europe), and the decor was a feast for the eyes. We were prepared for the niggly bits having read a few reviews here! Yes the shower leaked, but the water was minimal and remained near the cubical. Our allocated room was on the second floor of the hotel area above the nightclub. I requested this be changed when we checked-in and it was done without quesion. There was NO audible sound from the nightclub in our third floor room. Perhaps it would be a good idea to request a room that is situated away from the club at the time of booking. The bar prices were quite steep, but Moroco is a Muslin country with 90% import duty, so what can you expect? That said, the mini bar in the room was fairly reasonable in comparison to some london hotels I've stayed in! Marrakech is deffinately worth a visit with a 4 course meal for 2 at El Bajhi Resturant costing the equivalent of ten pounds. The dress code is very relaxed these days too. Shorts and T-shirts are commonplace. We intend to visit Marrakech again, and will probably stay at the Royal Mirage Deluxe. Our thanks to Mustafa for his loyal pool side drinks supply."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2007

Not worth it...

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I'm afraid I have to agree with other reviews. I rated it "terrible" because too expensive for what you get. Can't use the shower as it floaded, room service .... nightmare ... .. late to bring breakfast and then "told us off " because we didn't wait. I don't understand arabic, but I thought staff were nice but useless. Beautifull rooms though... nice hotel...love the swimming pool. Empty hotel.. but it depends what your looking for.. no troubles to sleep as long as you don;t stay over the disco. And very close to town center 15 min. walking distance. And lovely bars, restaurants around."

• Travel date: 2nd May 2007

don't do it...a complete disaster and terrible experience

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"What can I say , we are a well travelled family ....who like nice holidays and were willing to pay a little bit more for the would be five star hotel...but this was far from it.....it was a holiday from hell the staff were aggresive and rude.....and those who were nice would talk about you in arabic to their collegues. ( they did not know i understood arabic )and did not care at all...the hotel was empty and we were still booked into a room above a nigthclub with our toddler. The bathrooms were unhygenic and ours flooded. The resturant staff were rude and unhelpful. Room service for plain boiled pasta and cheese for a toddler took over an hour to arrive.Were were also charged £20 GBP per meal on average for a childs meal although we were told this would be complimentary. The would be qualified babysitter was the housekeeping girl ...who only spoke French and she was more expensive than the price we were quoted when we booked.The price of a coffee varied from day to day. When we queried the bill upon departure seven security staff were arround us and they refused to call us a cab untill we paid and would not let us talk to managment. Horrible and very sad.....our agents are dealing with our complients now."

• Travel date: 25th February 2007

Feeling lonely in a Palace

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"I booked a holiday to Marrakech with my family; my husband, parents and sister and her husband with 3 little kids. As I am the one that likes a luxury hotel, my sisters kids want to swim and my parents more cosy things like a terraces and bars the travelagent recommended us the Royal Mirage de Luxe. Well, it is a beautiful hotel but..... that is it! The service was bad. My sister had requested 2 connecting rooms, but when we arrived; the hotel doesn't have connecting rooms. After making trouble my sister got a suite to accomodate them all 5 but only after my parents had to give back their junior suite for a standard room. The reception staff is not interested and not helpfull. We stayed for a week and we had to reset the roomkey every day again. We only once got complimentary water. The hotel has a few restaurant but they are all empty so it isn't tempting to have dinner in the hotel. Same at the pool; we were the only guests and no one came for drinks etc. The pool by the way is also gorgeous but after 4 pm you won't get sun. ANd it is a very noisy place as a road with busy traffic is right behind the garden. The breakfast is good when there are enough guests in the hotel. If not, the meat and bread is old. We were very happy when a big congres tour came in the hotel, the place got alive and we got better food! The gym is minimal. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and big and have all expected amenities. We had a junior suite with a big bathroom with jaccuzi. Location is nice. It is a 15 minutes walk to the city and lot of nice restaurants around (which reception will recommend) A beautiful palace, with bad management. The have to work on improvement of hospitality. Till then I won't recommend the Royal Mirage de Luxe. For the price we paid there a lot better alternatives."

• Travel date: 20th October 2006

Lot of Potential

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"We were transferred here from the other Royal Mirage in Marrakech, which was formerly a Sheraton. The Royal Mirage Deluxe is a higher priced hotel and very French in style. It hadn't been open many months when we stayed and they were still getting their act together. This was reflected in patchy service and restaurants that hadn't really got going. However the pool was stunning, the best we have seen. The rooms were fine, though still had minor maintenance problems such as the handle falling off the bathroom door and shower cubicles leaking. One thing to note is that there were no twin bedded rooms."

• Travel date: 15th October 2005

Hotels near Royal Mirage Deluxe Marrakech

Royal Mirage Deluxe Marrakech is also called

• royal mirage deluxe marrakesch
  • royal mirage deluxe
  • royal mirage deluxe hotel marrakech