Rose Garden Resort & Spa

Ouaha Sidi Brahim 1 La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000 Morocco

Good

disappointed and would not return

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We were advised that Marrakech could be noisy and busy so we decided to stay outside of the city in order to relax. Terre Resort is definately outside the city, and you have to pay for taxis to get everywhere. Unfortunately the "Resort" Hotel did not meet any of our expectations. The rooms were spartan, floors dusty, and often smells came from the the drains which did not drain.In the standard room we had the noise from the other rooms meant we did not sleep well. The pool was small and cold and there were not enough loungers to go around. There was no Gym. The staff although friendly tried to twice overcharge us for drinks and food."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of March 2008

Bad Choice

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"If you book this hotel expecting 5* luxury then you will be very disappointed. We expected fantastic service and all the trimmings of a 5* hotel when we booked it. The places has no atmosphere and you could be anywhere in Europe rather than North Afrika. The menus are international (with no Morrocan dishes) and no vegetarian options at all in the evening. The 'full' breakfast included in the stay is a cold buffet, although not refrigerated or covered. There are not even any fans so the flies have a wonderful time sitting in the open bowls of jam, honey etc and on the pastries. I was so disgusted that I didn't eat breakfast during our stay. The hotel offer a transfer service to the medina which costs £10 each way (approx £5-7 in a local taxi). The driver is rarely at the hotel and didn't once arrive on time when booked. We missed one dinner reservation whilst they left us sitting in the car 'waiting for other passengers' for half an hour. We were paying for a private car - not a shuttle bus service. There are limited toiletries provided in the room, which we found surprising since it is a spa hotel. 2 bars of soap and one bottle of bubble bath that is not replaced once used. The rooms are reasonable spacious but very gloomy. All in all, it was a very bad choice of hotel and should be rated 3* at the highest."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

Shockingly poor hotel

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"As this hotel is situated in the countryside please note that fertiliser is sprayed in the surrounding farms. The smell in the evenings can get quite bad.

I stayed in the Junior Suite. It was large but not well designed. Bad smell, very gloomy, basic TV with only 2 English channels, basic furniture & fittings, aircon didn’t work, no complimentary newspaper, hard bed and even harder pillows, dirty bed linen, extremely noisy (don’t expect to get much sleep). En-suite had no shower screen so bathroom flooded.

Apart from the pool area and the restaurant area, the rest of the hotel is not very well designed. The hotel bar is uncomfortably small and forms a corridor between reception and the restaurant. The roof terrace is a great space but the surrounding wall is too high to see any views. The swimming pool is too cold to swim in and despite complaints from guests nothing was done about it.

Service is generally poor and some of the staff were uncooperative. There was difficulty in organising a taxi and on checkout the hotel attempted to charge me for 6 drinks I didn’t have. There was no interest in my obvious dissatisfaction with the hotel and management are clearly not experienced with delivering a quality service.

This is not even close to the standard of a 5-star hotel and some of it is only 3-star quality. A very disappointing stay."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of February 2008

Holidays In Morocco

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We just experience our first holiday in a Muslim country and have to say that we had the time of our lives. We stayed at Terre Resort and the staff and the rooms were great. We had breakfast everyday in bed and didn't want to leave our rooms. Had our first hammam, worth writing about. Overall recommend!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

Best Of Marrakech

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"it was the first time for me in Marrakech with My Friend Oliver
who booked this hotel . we booked two Executive suite , we was upgreated to the Romance suites thanks to Mr Cool Manager .
by the way we was friend with all the staff héhéhé. they was helpfull , excelent service , perfect food. Spa and hamam de luxe

many thanks to Meriem Barmaid"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of November 2007

Wonderful Stay

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"My first time in Marrakesh, i celebrate my honney moon in octogone hotels Terre, i want first to thank all the staff specially the driver. arriving to marrakech aeroport we found the shuttel wating for us with a rose. the hotel located in beautiful oisis out side the city my wife was really affected by the professionel service of all staff, in the chek in a bottel of chompagne and basket of fruts was offred, the Romance suite is designed specially for the charme trip.

Food was so delicieuse tajine of chiken and fish. Steam bath and spa only with natural herbs and morrocan oil i tryed emotion spa it was perfect.

connecting to morrocan peolple we dicided to fast one day, it's really hard very nice expiriance but morrocan brekfest is to much all
sorts of food in one time."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Mixed Experience

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We booked 4 nights at the Terre after spending 3 nights in a glorious riad in Marrakech medina. Its great for just kicking back and doing nothing but its location is not condusive for quick trips into Marrakech medina. Its a pretty long way out of town.

There was one other couple staying at the whole resort during our 4 night stay.

First the good.

Our room way very nice,a Romance suite that had a shared sitting area with another suite one of the bungalows in amoung the gardens. The pool area is fantastic, with comfy sunbeds,plenty of parasols, shaded sofa areas and huge king size beds to crash out on.

The food was fantastic and a reasonable price for a five star hotel.We paid between £25 - £40 for evening meals for 2 or 3 courses with a bottle of wine. Not a huge menu but the French and Morrocan chef are obviously very talented and ALL our meals from the a la carte breakfast to the a la carte evening meals and even the pasta poolside was way beyond expectations. The cocktails by the poolside were also great, try a Mojito, I am sure the Morrocan mint adds another dimension !

The staff on the whole are very friendly and with it being so quiet there we were significantly out numbered and so they were very attentive without being in your face.

The disappointing.

The gym was not open and does not look like opening anytime soon, despite the hotel website stating it opens June 2007. This was one of my hotel choice criteria, so I was a bit gutted.

Prices seemed to change on a daily basis, which just seemed to give you the feeling that you were being ripped off. The cocktail menu was printed new 3 times in 3 days with new increased prices, as if we wouldn't notice !

The apparently free mini bar of soft drinks is apparently not free, even though on arrival we were told it would be replenished on daily basis it wasn't and when we asked we were charged.

We took a camel trek excursion which in itself was great fun and an experience but when we came to pay a large taxi transfer fee was added on top of the actual excursion fee stated to us at time of booking. With some strong arguements I managed to get this removed from the bill.

The price of wine on the last night seemed to double from previous nights !

I would just say that be sure what is being added to your bill, these things were a minor irritation rather than a huge complaint and it just takes the edge of the whole experience which on the whole was pretty good."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Beautiful!

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Me and my husband had a great stay at the Terre!

We stayed here in July for 3 nights and we had the whole hotel to ourselves! The only other people here during our stay were the staff and owner and his family, who were all very friendly and gracious.

Check-in:
Smooth, no unecessary delays and mint tea. Would have like to have been shown around the complex a bit more on check-in rather than just our room, but we got a guided tour from the hotel owner's son and wonderful bar lady later on in our stay!

The Room
We booked a Royal Suite as part of a package, which worked out cheaper than just booking a standard executive room! The Royal suites come in a villa (four suites per villa) with kitchen, dining room, lounge area, ground floor terrace and even a downstairs toilet! Given that we were the only people staying here, we had the WHOLE villa to ourselves! We took much advnatgae of this and had breakfast on the Terrace every morning wich was fantastic!

Breakfast:
Plentiful, fresh (fruit, eggs as you like, pastries, coffee/mint tea, juice etc..) ... on the terrace!

Lunch:
Good food but limited menu choices. The hotel is only about 6 months old and we were told that the menu would develop in the future.

Dinner:
Delicious food. A bit pricier than some of the more expensive, well recognised restaurants in Marrakech, but you could tell that it was lovingly cooked by the resident Chef.

Snacks:
Great Cocktails enjoyed by the pool in 38 degrees heat!!

Room:
Beautiful. We had the Royal Suite on the 1st floor with Terrace. Well apointed room. Only problems we had were with the plumbing in the bathroom (poor temparature control and water pressure). Despite the enginner coming out several times, it was never completely fixed, but we just put up with it as we weren't staying long.

Spa:
We had two great massages. So good that I even fell asleep during mine! The spa is smaller in size than I had anticipated and there is no indoor pool, but there is a traditional Hammam which is gorgeous!

Gym:
Not open yet when we were there so can't comment.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. All the staff we came across were fantastic. Friendly, easy to talk to and catered to whatever we needed. Maryam (the bar tender) was particularly great. She really made our stay an enjoyable experience..and she makes great cocktails!

The location is not great - 10mins by car to the centre of the 'new town' (you can only really travel to/from this hotel by car) and approx 25 mins to the Medina (old town). The hotel complex itself is beautiful but it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere! The hotel driver will take you where you need to go (local), but at 300 Dhirams (approx 30 Euros) round-trip, we we thought this was over-priced.

Overall, this is a good hotel to relax and unwind in. If you want absolute privacy and are not intesrted in popping out for a rink somewhere else without having to go by car, then this is not what you're looking for. It certainly caters to the upscale end of the market and can work out to be quite expensive if you eat and drink in for the whole of your stay. I guess they aree more used to hosting footballers and their wives, rather than average people like me and my beau! Nevertheless, if you can stretch your budget, it's a nice place to go to be uttely pampered.

The owner will be opening other hotels throughout Morocco and Europe. We will certainly gives these a try as he seems to focus heavily on excellent customer service and high quality design, which I think are the two main ingredients for a fantastic stay anywhere!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

Romantic Dream Oasis

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"The Terre Resort and Spa was the vacation of a lifetime. Despite my wife and my initial skepticism at a luxury resort in Morocco, the hotel and the people blew our doubts right out the window. My wife and I traveled to Marrakech on the recommendations of our neighbors for our 10th anniversary. The exquisite combination of Cuban and Moroccan cuisine made for a decadent experience for the both of us. The Romance Suite that we stayed in was magnificent in its architectural brilliance and its noticeable differences from other hotels made it one to remember. The Terre Resort and Spa was a trip worth taking and one that my wife and I will never forget."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Horrible Experience...Be Very Very Careful!

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"This hotel is an absolute nightmare....isolated, desolate, and they will do anything to keep your money! Be very careful in your dealings with this hotel; if they intend on continuing to do business in an under-handed way, they will not be around long."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

Hotels near Rose Garden Resort & Spa

Stayed at Rose Garden Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Rose Garden Resort & Spa is also called