About Riad Reves D'orient

• rooftop terrace
  • hot tub

Good

Authentic and Luxurious Experience! There is nothing better in Marrakesh!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Riad during a long weekend with my family. The Riad is absolutely beautiful and impeccably clean. It is located right in the medina/old city (as compared to the new city) which means that you are literally inside the souk. You are steps away from all the shops and a five minute walk from the Jamaa el Fna (one of the main attractions in Marrakesh).

The riad is a traditional and authentic Moroccan riad. I cannot say enough good things about Samira (the property manager) and her sister Rizlane (also works in the riad). They were so kind and helpful. They wanted our experience to be as wonderful as possible and it really was.

This riad is perfect for someone who is looking for an authentic Moroccan experience without sacrificing quality or convenience. If you are a solo traveler, the riad can arrange for a private guide (approximately 30 euros a day) to take you around. If you are traveling with your friends, you will love the authenticity of the riad. If you are traveling for a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday, it's the perfect place to spend a few days. It's just perfect for any kind of traveller for any kind of trip!!

I cannot wait to return. I had been to Marrakesh before and stayed in a regular/traditional hotel. I'm glad I stayed at the riad because it made my experience this time around so much more special and authentic!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of June 2010

flawless! beautiful spaces, a really special experience

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Cannot say enough great things about at Riad Reves D'orient! Impeccable service from the moment I arrived. Samira, the manager, was especially helpful, friendly and welcoming. I stayed in the beautiful Pierre de Lune suite... it had a flatscreen TV, couch and sitting area, nice shower, and a lovely canopy bed with a nice firm mattress. I enjoyed relaxing on the rooftop terrace in the afternoons and felt right at home throughout my stay. Breakfast is perfectly executed traditional Moroccan B&B fare--excellent coffee, fresh juice, fresh bread and eggs, jams, amlou, honey. The riad is close to Djemaa el Fna and conveniently located for exploring the city. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Marrakech."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2010

Tranquility and relaxation- close to Djeema el Fna square

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"When you visit Marrakech and want to stay in the Medina, Riad Reves D'orient is home away from home. The Riad is so pretty and comfortable and my sister and I found a friend in Samira, the manager of the property. She was full of suggestions and was patient when drawing us maps, as the medina is a big maze. The rooms are beautifully decorated with rugs and bedding you'll find in the souk. After a busy day of shopping, one of the lovely women working there arrives with a refreshing pot of mint tea. Extra special if you sit on the beautiful roof patio. And the best part is there is a hot tub, to melt away all of your tourist pains from the day!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of June 2010

The most charming riad

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Marrakech along with the desert was the highlight of our trip. We stayed there for 2 nights that wasn't enough but...c u again next time!
The riad is absolutely amazing! Very clean, cosy and quiet and in the same time close to the famous square Djemaa El Fna. Our room was so cute. There was also a TV.
The staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was also perfect with fresh orange juice every morning.
The roof terrace is wonderful too.

I recommend this Riad to everyone! Marrakech with its souks and square is a great place (but don't forget to bargain hard ;) )."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of May 2010

Perfect place to unwind and be papmered

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Stayed here last month after reading other reviews on here and was pleasantly surprised.
If you are OK with staying in a Riyadh and being in the old part of town then this is the place for you.

Samira the young lady who runs this place is the perfect hostess along with her sisters - nothing is too much trouble and your every requirement is catered for.

The rooms are traditional, comfortable and nicely sized.

The breakfast is amazing and freshly prepared to your specifications.

You can order lunch or dinner (which is extra) and again you order what you like and it is freshly prepared and can be eaten in the dining room or on the roof terrace.

Dinner is normally accompanied by belly dancing!

Then there are the massages - reasonably priced and very relaxing.

All in all a place I would recommend to anyone if you want to see the real Morocco and the genuine hospitality it offers"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of May 2010

Great Riad to Stay

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Lovely riad to stay in the old medina. Short walking distances to the souks and Djema El Fna. The services was amazing we were helped with anything we needed. The meals very delicious. The beds are comfortable, furniture very tasteful. A real bargain, highly recommend it"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2010

One night was not enough

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Spent only one night at this gorgeous property on the way back from Sahara and Atlas tour. Had a wonderful experience. Samira Rocks! Super graceful hostess who made us feel like at home. My room was gorgeous and spacious, second floor. She helped with travel arrangements and recommended good places to eat. She is also a good conversationalist and the best source of information on the loca culture and life style. The decor is impecable, and breakfast was great, prepared with kindness by one of Samira's Sisters. We appreciated the time in the roof top jaccuzzi after a long day of travel.
We also stayed at Samira's other riad, Riad Zahar, and enjoyed it a lot, especially the roof top tent."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of January 2010

Lovely riad in the heart of the medina...

Good
Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"A friend and I (along with our tour guide) stayed at the Rèves d'orients for a few days during our 16 day tour of Morocco. As others have noted, the riad is peaceful, well located and very charming.
For a reasonable surcharge the owners let us use the rooftop jacuzzi and it was a delightful spot to watch the sun go down on our last night in Marrakesh.
I also had a massage onsite from one of the staff, which was very good, and reasonably priced. The owners and manager are friendly, professional and helpful.I have no hesitation in recommending this riad."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of December 2009

a special place to be

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"In the heart of the medina/old city of marrakech you enter the old house through a beautiful wooden door and there you are in a new world. It is a typical riad (old house) beautifully renovated with tadelakt and things from thousand and one night. I is kept by samira and her friends, who will help and do everything to be sure you have a nice stay. You absolutely have to try the food, which is delicious (also vegi if you want). There are two big suites, one is perfect for a family with children. There is a roof top to have breakfast and there is a jacuzzi on it, which is perfect after a stroll in the lively medina. there is also wifi. We loved it and will be back next spring."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of December 2009

Magnifique Riad à Marrakech !

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Lovely place in the Médina ! it was nice to stay in this riad reves d'orient . Thank you very much Samira Rizlan and Fred for all ...
I come back very soon"