About Riad Noir d'Ivoire

• indoor pool
  • butler service

a haven of loveliness

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We were both blown away by the beautiful,elegant and simply charming riad in Marrakesh. Gill and Damian were the most informed,entertaining and helpful hosts.It really was like being a guest in Gill's stunning home.The staff were fantastic at all times. Our suite was a haven of peace,tranquility,elegance and comfort.It was like being transported into another world of sheer luxury.It more than lived up to our expectations. You are transported into another world when you arrive at riad noir d'ivoire
and we look forward to going back and experiencing the joys again."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of February 2009

A True Oasis

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from 3 days at the beautiful Riad Noir D'Ivorie. After doing extensive research as to where to stay in Marrakech we decided on this riad based on reviews in travel sites, magazines and the raving reviews on Trip Advisor. The riad is beautifully appointed down to the smallest detail in the public areas as well as the suites. We stayed in the Elephant room and loved the decor and spaciousness of the room. The fireplace was a welcome site during the cool evenings and the bathroom was great. The gracious owner Jill and her assistant Damien could not have been more helpful in helping us with directions, things to do and places to eat. The food is excellent at the riad and we enjoyed a private dinner one night, set up for us in front of one of the many fireplaces in the charming rooms off the courtyard. At night the riad is stunning with lit candles and fireplaces aglow everywhere you look.
The staff is wonderful and always there to assist you with whatever you desire no matter what time of the day or night it is. We travel extensively and I have to say this was one of the most charming and intimate places we have stayed at. It is truly an oasis in the middle of the fascinating but hectic medina"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of February 2009

This Riad is more than 10 out of 10!

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"On one of the wettest weekends that Marrakech has had since 1965! we arrived in the haven of the Riad Noire D'Ivoire to be warmly greeted by the owner Jill and her team and the experience just got better and better. The attention to detail in the hotel is quite extraordinary, we could not fault a thing and the service levels given would not have gone amiss in a 5 star international hotel. In short, this was quite simply one of the best hotel experiences that my husband and I have had in a very long time. We highly recommend this beautifully appointed and well placed Riad in this exciting city. We shall be returning without a shadow of a doubt."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of February 2009

A Most Magical and Inviting Hideaway

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My significant other, Werner and I arrived in the Medina and were met by a donkey and two staff members to take us and our luggage to the Riad. The contrast of "outside" and "inside" was quite amazing and shocking (in a good way) The decor was simply elegant and relaxing in the best of taste, with fires ablaze, comfortable couches and seating areas, beautiful pool, all creating a magical atmosphere. The staff were amazing and of the highest quality led by the charming Damian who ranks among the most efficient nd charming manager I have ever encountered. He managed to deal with all our requests,drivers, restaurant reservations hotairballooning and day trip to the Atlas Mountains in the most efficient and effortless manner. He is a real jewel, and runs the Riad in the manner that makes it feel like one's private house. The food was delicious and the Rose as well!!! A fire was kept burning in the fireplace in our Suite most of the day, as were the many candles. The owner, Jill, needless to say gets the most credit for designing , decorating and overseeing this most exceptional Riad, as well as her being a most attractive , stylish, charming and amusing hostess who truly enjoys her role in this magical creation that is hers."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Outstanding

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Our 7 day stay was amazing! My husband and I are very big travelers and this riad is the nicest place we have ever stayed at, mostly because of the service they provided. The staff is wonderful and always ready to serve and Damien did a wonderful job hosting us. Every detail was thought of and every question quickly answered. The breakfast was wonderful! Jill and her staff are doing everything right! I did a lot of research before booking this trip and I am so glad we went with this riad. Marrakech is an amazing place but can be overwhelming, so it's essential to have a nice comfortable place to relax after a busy day. I would recommend this riad to everyone I know."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009

An oaisis of Calm, Tranquility and Luxury

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We had the most wonderful three days staying at this most beautiful Riad. Jill and her team made our stay seamless. The attention to detail was amazing, from rose petals and candle lights around the bath, to breakfast on our roof top terrace every morning. It was sheer bliss. Your suggestions were great for sampling the delights of Marakech both day time and evening. I would thoroughly recommend this Riad to any one that wants to visit Marakech. It was just brillant!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of December 2008

The Best Hospitality Ever!

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this beautiful Riad. After a particularly demanding year we needed time to relax, unwind but also be stimulated by the new sights and experiences that Marrakech can provide. Jill and her very professional team at the Riad seemed to know intuitively what we needed. The staff are extremely polite and discreet, yet there when you think you need something. On our first evening a candlelit table was laid for two in a quiet corner next to an open fire. We ate and drank delicious food and wine. Then slept in the most comfortable beds for almost 12 hours. A fire is lit in your room if you wish it. Rooms are refreshed twice daily and have turn down service. The cleanliness of the whole Riad is exceptional. Breakfast can be taken at whatever time you wish and where you want to eat it. Very civilised. Every suggestion for a stroll or sightseeing trip or excursion to a restaurant was excellent. There is nothing quite as romantic as being walked to a restaurant by one of the hotel staff and then handed carefully over to a cloaked doorman, to continue to care for you. Where you can then eat fine food under Orange Trees. Jill has not only an eye for the finest detail, whether in the interior design of this outstanding Riad or its furnishings, but also has a gift and talent in hospitality. If you are tired of paying inordinate amounts of hard earned cash to stay in Mediocre "5 Star" or "Luxury" accommodation, then contact Jill and treat yourselves to some proper hospitality. We can't wait to visit again."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

Utter perfection at the Noir d'Ivoire

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We had the most blissful four days at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire and would have happily stayed for longer! We were a party of 10 including 6 children and the staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. The Riad is absolutely stunning (we felt as though we were in the pages of some beautiful interiors magazine) and managed with great pride and expertise by a fantastic team. There are several cosy corners in which to curl up with a book during the day, or sit with a drink in front of the fire at night and the children loved the swimming pool, the roof terrace and the house cat and tortoise! We had two delicious dinners in the Riad and the children were thrilled with the superb breakfasts each morning. Damien was utterly charming (and hugely patient) as he booked taxis, restaurants, guides and a trip to the mountains for us. On one occasion we were caught by a monumental rainstorm whilst in the market and on taking shelter in a tailor's shop we were amazed to find that a member of staff had heard about our plight (though not from us!) and appeared clutching umbrellas, enabling us to return to the Riad with at least dry upper bodies. 10 pairs of shoes were then stuffed with newspaper and dried by the fire that evening - true service indeed and a huge thank you once again! All in all we cannot recommend the Noir d'Ivoire highly enough - for us it was the perfect half-term break."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

Simply fabulous!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Riad Noir d'Ivoire is devine. My partner and I stayed at the Riad in November 2008 for a long weekend. It is a true sanctuary of decadence in the middle of the hectic Marrakesh medina. The decor of the hotel is a fabulous mix of Moroccan inspired art with a sense of boutique hotel thrown in. However, unlike most hotels, it's the staff that makes the real difference here. Prepared to be welcomed--as if the Riad was your home away from home--by Jill, Damien and their wonderful staff. They go out of their way to make this not a "big hotel" experience, but something much more personal and memorable. This approach is carried right through your stay. They will help you plan your day in Marrakesh and even give you local mobile phones should you be lost! Overall, this is a special place; something that is becoming much harder to find in a world of mass hotel chains. Don't miss it and book early!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of November 2008

Perfect Anniversary

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"My husband and I have recently returned from the most wonderful weekend at Noir d'Ivoire where we spent our 1st wedding anniversary. As with everyone else who has stayed here, I only have wonderful things to say about it.

We were unfortunate that it rained (very hard!) for pretty much the whole time that we were in Marrakech and as disppointing as that was in terms of our ability to wonder round the streets soaking up the sights and smells of the city, it allowed us to take full advantage of this beautiful Riad.

From the moment we arrived the care we received from every member of staff was second to none. We sat in the bar area in front of a roaring fire for what must have been hours, whilst people prepared our room, bought us tea, lunch, glasses of wine, even booked our dinner for us for that evening! The location of our first dinner was a recommendation by the manager and it was fantastic. We were escorted from the Riad to the door of the Restaurant. Also, having not actually left the Riad that day we were somewhat disorientated by the end of our dinner and so we made a quick call to Noir d'Ivoire (on the phone they had provided) and someone came and picked us up and walked us all the way back 'home'.

On our second day we were very kindly upgraded to the most incredible room overlooking the pool courtyard and boasting a private roof terrace with jacuzzi. And yes, being the good Brit that I am, despite the rain and the cold, I sat in that jacuzzi as long as I could until my face was so cold I could no longer feel my nose! If only the sun had been shining! It was on this day that we managed to leave the Riad and explore. We were given a wonderful route by Jill (the owner of Noir d'Ivoire) and it took us into places that we would have never have found alone. We were so very lucky.

The third day we were moved to another suite, the Elephant Suite, which again was just beautiful. As I said at the beginning of this review, I really can't speak highly enough of this wonderful place.

In addition to Jill and her fantastic manager, one lady in particular took such wonderful care of us while we where there, unfortunately her name escapes me now. She moved all our belongings on three different occasions, to three different rooms. She always seemed as excited as we did every time she introduced us to our next beautiful room and covered our room with rose petals the night of our anniversary. She really did encompass the whole feeling of Noir d'Ivoire to me.

Should anyone be considering a visit to Marrakech I would find it hard to believe that there could be a better place to stay than this. It is a beautiful building, filled with beautiful things and run but such fabulous people, they really do make you feel that you are special whilst you are there. Thank you all so much, we just can't wait to come back - in the sunshine hopefully!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

Hotels near Riad Noir d'Ivoire

Riad Noir d'Ivoire is also called

• Riad Noir D Ivoire