Good

The only place to stay in Marrakech

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"There is no more to say about this Riad. It is perfect and the only place to stay in Marrakech. The cooking is superb as well, the best meals I had all over Morocco. TA says beware reviews with no faults, so OK, the hot water from the tap is too hot. And that's it."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

Everything we could have dreamed and more!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Le Clos des Arts definitely heightened our Moroccan experience. From the wonderful hosts and mouth watering food to the luxe decor and attention to detail, it was everything we could have dreamed from a Riad and more. The hosts (and owners) are a charming and well traveled couple who made us feel incredibly welcome and were an invaluable source of local information. We felt as though we were special guests within their own home. The staff were warm, friendly, and attentive. We thoroughly recommend eating within the Riad, the food was excellent and even better (in quality and value) than a so called 'top restaurant' we visited on another night! Eat a meal on the top terrace with an evening breeze, illuminated by traditional Moroccan lamps and you won't be disappointed. Even breakfast is something special with fresh juices and traditional local produce. The location is excellent, an easy walking distance to Djamaa El Fna. A nearby cafe (Un Dejeuner a Marrakech) is also great spot to grab lunch. Our next visit to Marrakech will include staying Clos Des Arts again, surely a good sign!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

A BEAUTIFUL HIDDEN GEM WITH WARM HOSPITALITY IN AN EXCELLENT LOCATION,

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"This Riad is beautiful and right in the heart of Marrackech just a 5 minute walk to the Square. I booked this Riad from reading other reviews and am so glad I did as it is beautiful and made my stay in Marrackech unforgettable.

This was my 2nd trip to Marrackech. The 1st time I stayed in a big chain hotel in Gueliz outside of the Medina, although it was very nice I really wanted wanted to be within the city walls this time and within easy reach of the square and the souks. It was a completly different experience this time and much more fun finding your way around the labryrinth of winding streets .

An airport transfer is a must (at least on arrival) as you would struggle to find the Riad on your own. We pre booked and were met be Massimo a few minutes from the Riad.

The owners, Massimo & Georgina were fantastic hosts and our trip would not have been the same without there kind and friendly hospitality. They have some very interesting stories to tell about there travels in Africa !! The family feeling of this place was what made it so special and it was lovely meeting the other guests. The Riad itself is beautiful with a lovely roof terrace (with a pool!!!!). It was lovely lazing on the sun loungers and topping up the tan after a busy day in the souks. We stayed in the Corail Suite which was beautiful. The attention to detail is 2nd to none.

I would recommend eating in the Riad at least once as the food is amazing! The cook spends hours preparing the food and it is absolutley lovely. The breakfast is served on the terrace each morning and again is excellent with fresh orange juice, coffee, fruit, yougut, bread and pastries. Yum!

I am a travel agent in the UK and have already started recommending this Riad to clients as I know without question they will love it here.
Thank you to Massimo & Georgina for such a wonderful holiday, I will be thinking of it for a long time and looking forward to my next visit."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of September 2009

The best riad we stayed at in Morroco

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We stayed here for 2 nights after a friend recomended it and we just wanted to say that we'd recomend anyone to stay here. The place is very elegant but with a friendly, warm feel. The owners are a lovely couple who even took us out to a great restaurant with them one night. We stayed in the turquoise room and felt like a queen and king. The whole place was really clean, the staff very friendly and swiming pool brilliant. There is also free internet. We'd go back any time."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of September 2009

WOW.......AMAZING, WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"WOW...What can I say... I traveled to this Riad with a friend of mine. On deciding what Riad to stay at we couldn't choose, however after reading the reports on this Riad from previous customers we decided to stay here, and I am glad we did! From the moment we got there we received a warm welcome from the owners Georgina and Massimo. They really make your stay so pleasant and will go out of there way to help you with anything! We stayed in the Corail room which was beautiful. The food was AMAZING, so it is worth eating at the Riad one night of your stay, we even joined the owners and some other guests for lunch on the roof terrace which was great!
The roof top pool and sunbathing terrace is great after a hard day in the markets picking up some bargains! This is a great place to relax and enjoy the warm sunshine! the pool is a must for cooling off in the scorching temperatures!
I would highly recommend this Riad to Everyone, I can guarantee you will have a fantastic stay and I can't wait to return!
Thanks to everyone at the Riad for making it a fantastic stay!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

Beautiful Riad!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We cannot recommend this place highly enough. We stayed in the Turquoise Room, which was gorgeous, as was the riad itself. The couple who own it are apsolutely lovely and very easy going, as are the staff. They were so obliging and very personable. The two meals we had at the riad were the best we ate in Marrakech, still dreaming of that chicken, lemon and olive tagine!
Taxi transfer is good idea as we would not have found the place without this. Great location as is only 5 minute walk to the main square, and 2 minutes from a great hamam, but is in nice quiet street that felt very safe to walk down. Great to have the pool to relax in at the end of a hot days sightseeing, would definitely stay again, wish we could have stayed longer."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of August 2009

Beautiful place, great little pool.... EXCELLENT food!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed in the Corail room at this riad for two nights on a recent trip to Morocco, and were very impressed - the place itself is beautiful and there was aircon in our room (hooray!), but more importantly we received such a lovely, warm welcome from the owners Giorgina and Massimo (sp?). Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they made a real effort to settle us in and give us advice on our stay in Marrakech.
We stayed for dinner on the first night, and really the meal was one of the best we had in Morocco: divine courgette/carrot/tomato salad starter, lemon and olive chicken tagine main course - outstanding! Breakfast was lovely too, with yoghurt, melon, bread, juice etc. And although this riad is right in the medina and very close to the Djemaa el Fna, it is very quiet at night..... so the location is simply perfect. There is a small pool on the rooftop terrace, which is an absolute Godsend in the Marrakech summer; we spent ages in there; plus pool towels are provided.
In conclusion this place is an absolute gem, and I would definitely recommend staying here :)"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

AMAZING

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My partner and I spent hours looking for the perfect place to stay in Marrakech...i am so happy to have found this Riad. The price was good, it was VERY clean, the staff were so helpful and the Riad itself is beautiful. The pool on the roof was small but that didn't really matter, after a day walking round or even just sleeping in the sun it was perfect to dip in and cool off. We ate dinner there once and lunch a couple of times, the food was YUMMY! At night the roof was cool and calm and the perfect place to have a nice bottle of wine and relax.
We had the most perfect, romantic time in Marrakech. It was after reading the reviews for the Riad on tripadvisor that we decided to stay there...I am really glad that we did."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

It was a second honeymoon

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We really enjoyed our stay at Riad Le Clos des Arts, the hotel is very charming & romantic and the staff are very friendly and helpful and Marrakeh is a wonderful city"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

Wonderful stay in a charming riad

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"I agree with the previous reviews, this riad is a romantic and wonderful little place for staying in the hearth of the medina. The rooms are cozy and give the feeling you're staying in a real moroccan palace.... I'll be dreaming about sitting on the terrace next to the swimming pool for a long long time!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009