Saida Suite

Happiness & sweetness

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I really wanted to recommend you this wonderful place caled Dar Zahia. A bit difficult to find by yourself, but the search worth it definitely. When you walk through the door, it is like jumping into a world of beauty ! The rooms are just like in a fairy tale. If you have the time to fly for few days at Marrakech, do not miss ou this place !! The price is really reasonnable. Moreover, the lady taking care of the riad is almost capable of finding you everything you want (camel treck, massages, Couscous...) Now I just have to wish you a marvellous stay !!"

• Travel date: 6th January 2010

An intimate and comfortable place to stay in Marrakech

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"I stayed here for 5 nights in total over two visits duing November 09. If you are looking for a small riad in an accessable part of the medina, then look no further. There are (to my knowledge) just three room; two on the upper level and one at ground floor level. I stayed in both the ground floor one and one of the upper rooms. Both were very clean, with good beds and well maintained. My preference was for the upper room as there was quite a bit more natural day light, but in the hotter summer temperatures, the ground floor room would be more 'sheltered'. Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and was was generally of good coffee, very fresh bread with a variety of preserves, natural yogurt, with occasional pancakes and a lovely non-sweet homemade cake. Having stayed in several riads, I can definately recommend this one and the staff who are very pleasant and friendly, multi-lingual, and ready to help with whatever questions you may have. The centre of the riad has the obligatory small courtyard of course, highly decorated in traditional timber and plaster carving, quite of bit of which is beautifully painted in traditional style. There is also a great roof terrace to catch the breezes and relax. On my last night I asked if i could eat at the riad and a really lovely three course meal was prepared for me, probbaly the best meal I had had whilst in Marrakech and not expensive by any means. Well worth a visit and a stay!"

• Travel date: 12th November 2009

Fantastic oasis of calm

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Immaculately clean little boutique hotel, it lies at the end of a few wiggly allies, so one breathes in the charm of the madina before even reaching the hotel. The staff are perfection, helpful, smiling, obliging, the hotel itself is a tiny three-bedroom riad or old town house with a perfectly silent atmosphere. Definitely a place for the discriminating traveller - no TV, no piped music, just calm and tranquillity. The hotel feels like old Marrakesh - and would recommend it to anyone who does not lived plugged into an i-pod."

• Travel date: 6th November 2009

beautiful riad, elegant and tastefully decorated, an oasis of calm

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"My husband and I stayed here in October for 3 nights, and enjoyed the warm hospitality of this stylish riad. There are only 3 rooms, ours was enormous and beautifully furnished . We ate at the riad each night - it was delicious food. The staff were very friendly, one spoke reasonable English, the others spoke French. The riad is down a maze of alleys, and this bothered me a bit to begin with, but we only ever encountered polite greetings from anyone else we met en route. I really appreciated being able to use the riad's own laptop to check my email, instead of having to go to internet cafes."

• Travel date: 5th November 2009

Charming!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Dar Zahia is a charming riad in the heart of Marrakesh's medina. For most of my stay I was the lone lodger and was treated with unfettered hospitality. The riad is located down several back allies of the medina but is not difficult to find with the little map they provide you. A beautiful outdoor patio sits at the center of the riad and is outfitted with sitting nooks, cafe' tables, candles, and fountain. It is especially refreshing to sit in the patio with a glass of mint tea during the crepuscular hours of the day. The rooftop terrace is holds its own Moroccan charm and is complete with couches, pillows and lamps. Delicious Moroccan dinners are served upon request and can be taken either in the patio or rooftop. My room was clean and beautifully decorated in crimson and saffron dyes. The bath was a treat with it's deep set, tiled tub. The only thing missing were shower gels and shampoos (small soaps are provided) so I was happy to have brought my own. The managers/owners are all extremely helpful, professional, and available to accommodate any particular needs. My only caveat would be for lone woman travelers like me. Dar Zahia is located down poorly lit back allies. Though I always felt safe, I would have preferred a location that would have required less walking through medina allies - although there was always somebody at Dar Zahia ready to meet me at the square and walk me home. If you are two or more people this issue would be of no consequence. Dar Zahia is a beautiful, clean, safe place to stay and i would recommend it to anyone!"

• Travel date: 9th October 2009

Hidden treisure

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"In the winding labyrinth of marrakech's narrow alleys you might need some assistance from a local to find this beautiful place. Not only the beautiful rooms were impressing also the very personal service and atmosphere made it an unforgettable stay."

• Travel date: 24th August 2009

Delightful little Riad

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"What a place! Beautifully decorated and comfortable. Simply furnished in traditional style with lots of carved wood and tadelakt plaster. The house is clean, the beds are good and it is right in the middle of the Medina - near to the souks and the Jema el F'na. The food is excellent - worth staying in for! The staff are friendly and helpful and efficient. Most speak some English. It is even fun to be there when it rains. What more can I say? We had a great time and would go back there tomorrow. The only problems were to do with communications (10 minutes walk to a taxi through the Medina - easy to get lost! But that's an adventure, too.) and danger from motor-bikes, carts and bikes in the souks. We loved it! Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: 7th October 2008

Beautiful and tranquil Riad

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"We spent two nights at the Dar Zahia towards the end of June and it was absolutely perfect - we travelled round Morocco for two weeks and this was by far the nicest Riad we stayed in. The decoration throughout is beautiful and tasteful and our room (on the ground floor, overlooking the courtyard) was cosy with a great bathroom and sunken shower! The owner is the perfect host - there to greet us, helped with directions and unobtrusive for the rest of the stay. The staff were extremely friendly and had breakfast ready and waiting as soon as we got up, serving us in the tranquil courtyard. The roof terrace was great for relaxing and the location is ideal, only a few minutes walk from the Djemma el Fna. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: 12th July 2008

Fantastic

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"What a fantastic time! I must say I was a little disconcerted when the road got too small for the car and our bags were transferred into a wheelbarrow and we were led through tiny winding streets and tunnels. But what a gem!! This riad is fantastic, clean, beautifully decorated, and in a fantastic location. We had massages, which although bordering on violation, were fantastic, and they arranged dinner in a local restaurant for us - le fondouk. Overall absolutely amazing!"

• Travel date: 27th October 2007

Fantastic little riad in the heart of the medina

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"We have just spent 5 nights in this lovely riad. There are only 3 bedrooms so you get a really personal service. It is beautifully decorated and a real oasis of calm after the hectic streets and markets. The staff are very friendly and speak quite a bit of English if your French isn't up to much. They're happy to get you drinks at any time (including beer). Our room was huge with a nice bathroom and the roof terrace was a great place to relax when it got too hot. It would be best to get one of the rooms on the first floor. The website is www.dar-zahia.com and is owned by the guy who also owns Riad Magellan (and a few others in this area I think) about 2 doors down. Breakfasts were lovely - fresh orange juice, pancakes, bread, coffee, jam, honey and yoghurt. You are very close to a mosque here so the early morning (3.45am!) prayers may wake you but I'm sure anywhere in Marrakech will be the same. It is quite tricky to find the first time and I wouldn't recommend it for a woman on her own. The staff are always around to let you in (as you don't get a key but I think this is the same in all the riads). One point - if you need a taxi for the airport it may be better to just get a petit taxi on the street as they booked a taxi for us which was a 4x4 and cost 130dn which was quite expensive."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2007

Hotels near Riad Dar Zahia

Riad Dar Zahia is also called

• dar zahia
  • riad dar zahia marrakech
  • hotel riad dar zahia marrakesch