About Riad Dar One

• kids pool
  • spanish amenities
  • special diet menus
  • solarium
  • paid private parking nearby
  • plunge pool

Morrocan dream

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Fantastic place, the interior, the atmosphere, absolutely magic, huge bathtub big enough for 5 :) not to talk about two. big extremely tastefully decorated rooms and bathrooms, fresh flowers simply every where and in every room. Beds were very comfortable.And when the evening comes, candles are lit everywhere, and silent arabic sound in the background, it was like a fairy tale. I could not believe it's true. I was there with friends but I certainly would like to spend there some time with somebody special. This is the place if you want to stay somewhere you will remember, not just one of the anonymous multi star hotels. well, an attraction for its own.

The owner was fantastic. We felt very welcome all the time."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of April 2008

The place to be!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"If you're going to Marrakech, this is where you want to stay!! It's BEAUTIFUL, Jean the owner is a fantastic guy and the personel is so so so serviceminded. I will recomend this place to everyone, its all i hoped for + more!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

A slice on heaven on earth

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Before I went, I did as you are doing now and read all of the reviews online. I couldn't believe that the riad scored so highly, but rest assured this is an amazing riad.

The owner Jean is an excellent host and extremely knowledgeable which is exactly what you need as Marrakech is one hectic place and he is brilliant at recommending places! Abdul and Assam who also work in the riad will do anything in their power to make your stay as comfortable as possible and are simply lovely.

The Riad is beautifully decorated in a very contemporary style which compliments the original Moroccan architecture. We had the Sirocco room which was spacious and opened out onto the beautiful terrace and was very clean.

I cannot recommend this riad highly enough... you have to experience it for yourself and I will definitely be going back!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

An oasis of calm

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Fantastic in every respect. Helpful staff, wonderful rooms and service and excellent location. Don't be put off by the run-down alley as you approach, it is safe both day and night.

Really couldn't have asked for anymore. Would definately book again."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of March 2008

It is an Oasis in a crazy city

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"When we were heading to the Riad, we start thinking wether we have made the right choice. We walked trough dark alleys and narrow streets just to reach an oasis in the middle of Marrakech (a good advise is to call the hotel before trying to find it by yourself).

The Riad Dar One is a lovely place, very peaceful, pleasant and well decored in a minimalist style.

It has a nice terrace on the roof were you can enjoy breakfast without time constraints.

Rooms are comfortable, clean and tidy, with nice furniture and bathroom.

The staff level of service is another highlight. They are devoted to serve you in a very gentle way, doing eveything to make you feel comfortable.

Jean, the owner, was very kind and speaks english and spanish (apart from french), which is quite good in a city where everybody speaks morroccan or french! He arranged everything, taxis, tours, restaurant reservations, etc.

All in all, we will recommend this place to everyone that is looking for a place to rest and chill out after a busy shopping day in the souqs!

P.S: I wouldn't recommend the Kosy bar. There are many other restaurants in Marrakech that offer a better quality (and cheaper) food."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2008

A wonderful riad in Marrakesh

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We've been at the Riad Dar One for 5 nights. Everything and I really mean everything was perfect. The location is very good, near the Bahia Palace. The Riad design is very stylish. Rooms are clean, large and very very nice. The terrace on the roof is great and relaxing.

However, the best about this riad is the management and the staff. Nothing is forced, you really feel that they are happy to have you as guests. M. Peres, the owner, is very available and very eager to help you for advice and reservations for restaurants and bars. He's also always happy to help you to book wonderful daytrips. The staff is always polite and smiling and you really feel comfortable with them.

To conclude, the Riad Dar One is without a doubt one of the place to stay in Marrakesh. Staff is cool, the place is very stylish and it's rather inexpensive for what you get. We would highly recommend it to anyone.

Bravo!

Nadia and Max (Montreal, Canada)"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Riad Dar One this November and it was a great experience. While the room we stayed could have used more natural lighting, the room and bathroom themselves were more than adequate in size. The walkway to the Riad though may pose some concern the first time but all such concerns disappear once you get there.

Jean was the most gracious of hosts from the time we began our reservations, through out our stay, and until we departed. He gives a new meaning to personal service.

We cannot wait to go back - specially since Riad Dar One is expanding. We expect the pool and hammam to be as wonderful and charming as his current six-room guest house.

We highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

charming and relaxing - high quality

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Riad-dar-one is a perfect place to recover from the buzzling city. The friendly service and the modern but warm interior makes it very easy to feel at home from the first moment on. The Riad is very well kept - very clean and even small details (like water tap, towels, etc.) are of high-quality."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

Heavenly and Homely

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My b/f had been away working and so as a treat for us when he got back we booked to go to Marrakesh for a week. Now usually we are up and about sight seeing but this time we wanted something different! Well this was definately different.
We arrived in Morrocco, where we were met at the airport by our taxi which I had arranged with Jean Peres. He had been fantastic from the start via email making sure he answered all my querries. The taxi drove through town a 10 minute drive and then stopped where he escorted us through the narrow streets 2 min walk. My b/f looked back at me as we meandered through the alley ways - later to laugh at the expression on my face! [I guess I was a little worried] We then got to Riad Dar One the door opened and we were welcomed with such warmness I felt at home instantly.
I guess I can write pages and pages about the friendliest staff ever who never stopped smiling [no falseness here] who were fun and hard working people; the decor of the riad was exquisite, modern and clean, every detail taken care of; the food that was prepared freshly each day to your fancy, the hospitality of Jean P, the safe location with easy access to main attractions and the quietness of the Riad during the day and night. We felt at home.
Most guests seemed to stay for 2-3 days, I was so glad we stayed for a week.
A hidden gem. A heavenly home. We want to go back!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Top notch!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I echo the sentiments of other reviewers here. great little riad in a great location. stay made extra special by the very personalised service. I definately recommend this for a romantic stay."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007