About Riad Dar Eliane

Good

Dangerous and uncomfortable. Stay away.

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"The owner has been extremely rude and borderline threatening since I arrived. He mocked me for being a "spoiled American" and cursed at me several times. I'm the only one here and frankly I feel unsafe. There are no locks on the doors and I feel unsafe leaving my belongings here. I don't know what to do at this point, but I have never felt so unsafe on any of my travels around the world."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2016

Very nice hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My friend and I wanted a quick break in the sunshine and chose this hotel.
A very nice, quiet, little hotel, you will not be disappointed, marvellous attentive staff, always there if you need them with their friendly and helpful attitude, good English spoken.
Our room, adjoining the courtyard, was large, clean and tastefully furnished with a comfortable bed and a hot shower.
We were able to access most of the local attractions easily on foot from this hotel , however avoiding the motor scooters, donkeys and men with carts was a bit tricky, the souks were fascinating and the Jemma El Fna at night was a fantastic experience.
We decided to go for a hamman, spa and massage one afternoon which we arranged through the manager, being pampered for 2 hours was absolutely gorgeous and we could have stayed all day.
We were going to go on a day trip to the Ourika valley, which is about a 40 minute drive outside Marrakech, but we ran simply out of time, hopefully we will go on our next visit to Marrakech and the Dar Eliane, Insallah.
Rachel, Berkshire"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

“Great Value”

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"“Great Value”
We have just returned from the Dar Eliane, we decided to book the whole Riad exclusively as we were a large party of friends and we did not want to be separated.
We had a great stay there, the service was excellent; the bedrooms were large, colourful and very clean and there was always plenty of hot water for a shower.
This Riad is well located, the Staff were very willing to help us in buying gifts from the souks as we were not used to haggling, also booking restaurants and taxis.
This riad has a licence to sell alcohol which was great because the last riad we stayed in didn’t have a licence so we all had to travel out side the Medina to the new city, we all enjoyed chilling out on the terrace with a drink or two.
To sum it up great value and a very cool break for us all.

Brighton Belles UK"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

Charming little oasis

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Dar Eliane for three nights; this riad is not directly accessible by car, it’s located in the old medina. The riad is beautifully decorated, very calm and relaxing and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We researched Tripadvisor and we choose Dar Elaine for its style, location and value.
The highlight for my wife was a cookery lesson on Moroccan cuisine one afternoon with the Dar Eliane cook Bouchra which we then both enjoyed eating in the evening with a bottle of red Moroccan wine.
Bader the manager supplied a guide (Mustapha) who showed us around the old souks and historic monuments which was very interesting, enjoyable and very reasonable priced.
Charming little oasis, definitely up there with the best."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

A Beautiful Riad

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed 3 nights at the Dar Eliane and we loved every minute of it. This is a very beautiful and peaceful Riad away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. Centrally located, you can go out to Jemaa El Fna or the souks or simply choose to relax and unwind around the riad. The riad is very beautiful and the ambience is very tranquil. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Our room was very clean and well looked after. We highly recommend Dar Eliane, it's well worth the £50 a night stay, what more can you ask."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

Great riad, fantastic stay*****

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We stayed four nights at the Dar Eliane, which was a super riad, straight from the word go, a driver with a sign picked us up from the airport, only cost 14 dollars.
The riad itself is located in the south of the souks and is about 10 mins walking from the main square Jemma El Fna.
On our second night we had an amazing 3 course traditional Marrakech evening meal with wine and a few beers. The meal was to the standard of any top restaurant without paying the top dollar for.
We booked the riad direct with no problems at all through the website, John the owner who was extremely knowledgeable for arranging our stay at the riad, he had advised us what’s worth a look and what not, John is a real gentlemen to deal with.
The staffs was great also, the rooms were fine and to a high standard and sitting on the terrace with a few beers away from the mayhem of Marrakech was our favourite time of the day.
What can I say, we would recommend this riad to our buddies back in NY."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

Great place for the whole family

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Great place to stay, got there with no errors, kids loves it too. The friendly staff took care of us very well, even though we were out of the riad alot and only was ever there at night the stay was a relaxing stay. The riad was very clean at all times and very pieceful which is what you want after a busy day out down the local town. We will return here again for the easter break, kids loved it was why not."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of October 2008

Don't think of going anywhere else

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We stayed in 4 Riads/Hotels while traveling in Morocco. They were all good but this one was truly exceptional.

The staff are friendly and very helpful - they went out of their way to be assist with bookings/travel etc. and were very hospitable and acommodating.

The Riad is gorgeous. A beautiful house has ben restored with real style and the result is perfect - very stylish but very comfortable. There is a lovely courtyard, beautiful rooms and to top it all a fantastic roof terrace.

At first effort it seems hard to find but you soon get used to it and it is well worth the effort."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Can not fault this riad at all, will be back soon.

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"This is a very nice and friendly riad to stay in, me and my partner have enjoyed our stay here and plan to return here for Christmas. The staff are great and helpfull, always at hand, the foods also great and fresh. The room we were in are clean and tidy. Can not fault this riad at all."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

A peice of heaven with out the heavy cost.

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I must say that I have been to a lot of Hotels in Marrakech and there are a selected few that I have fully enjoyed staying in, this being one of them. Once you walk in to this delightful building, first thing that hits you is the freshness of the place as though it had just been opened. The service is second to none, the décor are just beautiful with every corner you turn just reminds you that you are on a lovely vacation far far away. The place just jumps out with class and it feels that the owner has really spent over the odds to make this place a holiday not to be forgotten. The rooms are clean crisp and airy with much natural day light coming through. The toilets are again like new as though you are the first visitor ever.
My favourite place must be the terrace, it’s a wonderful place especially at night with stars glowing above you, and you really do feel like you are in heaven. I come from Hong Kong and you will never enjoy a moment of pureness and its delight that Dar Eliane offers, it's so nice to get away from the busy hassle and bustle, it’s a real retreat which I will tell all my friends and family about. This place is a must, yes you may find better hotels and larger ones but you’ll be paying the odds for it, besides, smaller places you get the attention and quietness you want and exploring the towns and that’s what a exotic hotel place is all about, getting away to your own comforable space and this place does it for me."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

Lovely little riad, great fun location

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"First, we booked the riad through hipmarrakech.com. (which is based in the UK, though we are located in the States). They were very nice and efficient and we easily got our room.

Dar Eliane itself is just as the other reviewers say -- great location, but really hard to find in the maze-like roads. The staff and rooms are great. The decor is lovely. They serve a very nice little breakfast of bread/pastry and coffee. Rooms have AC, bathrooms are nice and attached to the rooms.

The roof deck is absolutely fabulous and for a few bucks you can buy some beers from the manager and chill out for a while.

I agree that this place would be perfect if you rented out all of the rooms for friends/family.

The photos on their website are pretty good and there were no surprises when we arrived. We'll definitely stay here again (and bring friends!)"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008