About Riad Ben Tachfine

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • rooftop terrace
  • soundproof rooms
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • complimentary toiletries
  • bathrobes
  • ipod docking station
  • babysitting
  • chinese amenities
  • executive lounge access
  • mosquito net

Good

Wonderful - What more can I say?

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Its hard to know what else to add. All the superlatives have been used.

We stayed at the Riad el Mansour for five nights at the end of April/beg May this year, and thought it was fantastic. Making arrangements for our visit with Mo via email was easy, and as we were arriving in the evening, we arranged to have dinner there on our first night, so we could relax after our flight. Probably a good thing as venturing out into the medina for the first time in the dark might have been a bit daunting!

As I noted in the guest book, the food at the Riad was fabulous and I urge everyone who stays to have at least one meal there. I'm pleased to note from the reviews here that people have been taking my advice. In fact, I'm tempted to write to Mo and get some recipes from him. The tomato stuffed aubergine salad was divine.

Our first evening all the other guests went out, and we had personal service in the courtyard, complete with soothing music in the background. Later in the week on the recommendation of other guests, we ate at Le Comptoir which was a huge disappointment in comparison, and so the very next night we ate again at the Riad, this time in the ground floor salon as it was cooler. It was beautifully set up and very romantic.

We stayed in Room 3, the green room. Green is not usually a favourite colour of mine, but our room was a subtle apple green and glowed. Gorgeous! I don't think the photographs on the hotel website (or my own) do it justice. We both loved our room, and having a small seating area was really useful as well.

There's nothing quite like waking up to the Muslim call to prayer, the sound of the birds, whilst resting comfortably in luxurious surroundings. I felt hedonistic - and very spoiled!

Whilst the Riad isn't right in the souks, I felt that was part of the charm. There was still a lot of real life (not tourist life) going on around us, the markets at the main street, the children playing in the alley ways. The souks aren't far either, and very easy to find (once you know).

Thanks to all the staff. We loved it."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

A wonderful experience!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Riad El Mansour at the end of May/beginning of June this year. I was travelling with my sister and my 2 children, 15 and 12, one of whom is disabled. Although I have done a considerable amount of travelling with the children, I was slightly apprehensive that perhaps I might have bitten off more than I could chew this time. As soon as we were in the capable hands of Robert, Stephen and their entire staff, I knew that there would be nothing to worry about. Nothing was too much trouble - from meeting us at the airpoort when we first arrived, to escorting us to a restaurant on the first evening, to arranging a guide around the souks, to arranging our bus tickets to Essaouira and so the list continues - and all done in an understated but always efficient manner. When we returned after a few days away, it really was like returning home.
The dinner that we enjoyed on our last night on the roof terrace was magical and the hamman and massages made for the most relaxing end to a holiday that I have enjoyed in a long time.
I have no difficulty at all in recommending Riad El Mansour and indeed have already done so to a number of my work colleagues."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Great Riad

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Have just returned from staying at the Riad El Mansour with two friends and we had a fantastic time. A friend recommended us the riad and we weren't disappointed. Decorated brilliantly, great service and food, fantastic location and lovely people in the riad. We had a great time and would recommend this riad to anyone, after a really bad experience last year this more than made up for it."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

relaxation

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have never written a review on tripadvsor before, but a friend told me about it prior to our trip to Morocco and have found it not only very helpful, but very accurate. Due to business commitments, we stayed at the Hyatt in Casablanca, which was wonderful, but it was expected, as it is a chain hotel. What surprised me the most was our chosen hotel in Marrakech, Riad El Mansour. Initially, I was somewhat skeptical as it only has six bedrooms. As it was not too busy, the owners who come from England upgraded us from Room 2 to the Suite, which was totally unexpected and wonderfully accommodating. The service was sublime and relaxed. As we were in Morocco for business, it was nice to use the hotel’s free WiFi. The hotel has a separate computer for guest use as well. After our first day, we felt as if it was home. Our trip to Morocco unfortunately only consisted of visiting Casablanca and Marrakech and it is too far from Canada to visit more frequently, but should we ever return, we will definitely stay at Riad El Mansour."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

I have enjoyed very much Riad El Mansour

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"To travelers to Marakesh.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my stay at the Riad. The service was so caring, thoughtful and exceptional. as a person with 2 homes one in California and one in New York, and A much raveled individual I have had many stays in great places that I can compare this recent one to.

I immediately felt "at home" from the moment I arrived and a delicious tea and luncheon was served for me on the charming roof garden. I had occasion also to have some of my dinners at the Riad, and their cook is astounding. I enjoyed those meals in quiet elegant candlight more than those I had at the good restaurants in the city.

The owners arranged also for the most wonderful, informative driver and guide who stayed with us throughout the trip. i wanted to take him and his whole family back to the states with me...thats how kind and dependable he was.

The rooms are spotless and well taken care of. There were flowers, tea and small edibles and fruit in my room when I arrived. After a few days there I began to wonder why it was I only had 5 days to spare...I could have stayed there much longer and enjoyed every moment.

I always felt totally safe and that any needs I might of had would be "no problem"

I can't recommend further that if you're traveling to this part of the world make the reservations NOW., as there are not that many rooms, and they seem heavily in demand. I might add that the owners are from England, so you will never have any language problems.

Georganne Heller USA"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

Pure gem and a perfect place to experience Moroccan living,

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"I have never written a review about a place before and have stayed in the most exquisite hotels all over the world. I must say that there are so many wonderful things about Riad El Mansour that I would like to share with everyone who is interested in going to Marrakech. #1 Superb service at Riad El Mansour. I was trying to find the right Riad to experience a Moroccan living and I did. Searching through the trip advisor and reading the reviews on other Riads made me a bit nervous and I was not sure what I and my friend were in for. What stroke me about Riad El Mansour was the immediate response about my inquiry about the room. My communication with Mo was superb and he responded to my emails fast in exceptional English. Big A+. This made me feel very comfortable because I was traveling with a female friend. I also thought this could be just a fluke and once I get there I am in for a big surprise. At the airport we were greeted by Mustafa, a very nice man who spoke good English and became our Savior. Thank you Mustafa for safe driving and everything. The Riad is located in the residential part of Medina so it is more quiet and you are in the middle of local life. We got there on Sunday and were greeted by Mo who was terrific, charming and very helpful right away. He showed us the room. I was in for a big surprise a very nice one too. The room had LOCKS. Some Riads did not have any locks and we were concerned. We had a safe in the closet and the closet doors had locks and keys. Though after a day we did not even bother locking the room because we felt safe. Our room was long and narrow but it was the only room with 2 beds and we knew this going in. We read the description on their website. The room and bathroom were clean, filled with charm decorated in blue and everything was better then expected, even robes and terrycloth cozy slippers were waiting for us. Beds were very comfortable and linens were soft. This Riad is romantic and has a lot of little areas to sit around. It was very peaceful day on our arrival and every few hours we would hear Muslim prayer chants coming from the Mosque. It was a spiritual and interesting experience. We lounged around on the roof top sipping tea and relaxing in the big red room which was sooo cozy and became our favorite hang out place. Lunch was fixed for us right away that day. We had terrific breakfasts with fresh orange juice and choice of eggs, cereal, yogurt, pancake and that was just plenty of food. The Riad has a fantastic chef who made delicious meals and we were very SPOILED. Mo, Mustafa, the owners and the staff went out of their way to be helpful, kind and gave us the best service ever, great recommendations and advice. They were very generous with their time and really worked hard to make sure we were happy and safe. My friend felt like staying in one night and the owners invited her to join them for dinner. They just know how to run this place and they are doing a great job. Mustafa who drove us around, one day he stopped to buy a beautiful bouquet of roses for a honeymoon couple he was about to pick up from the airport, he also gave us a rose which was a sweet gesture. The couple's plane was delayed 6 hours and he waited at the airport with Mo for them and in the mean time he drove back to pick us up from the restaurant and drive us back to our Riad. If you are a couple you must take the suite which is big and has a little sitting area and a TV. Outstanding, outstanding experience and Mo is the man behind it. I forgot to add, I just received a message from Mo checking on how was our flight back home. Now, come on, only friends and family would do this. The flight? Another story. Thank you all for a memorable stay, we will be back. Anna from Los Angeles, CA"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

The Aweful truth is the place is GREAT!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"I am at a loss as to how anyone could say the Riad El Mansour was Aweful!! On arriving in Marrekech I was slightly aprehensive as to what to expect. The Passport control seemed to take forever and the people behind the counter seemed anything but friendly!! However I was greeted at the airport by Mustapha and his smile made all the difference. He escorted me to the Riad and introduced me to Mo, general Manager, and the 2 English owners, all very helpful and charming.
The Riad and rooms where excellent, as where all the staff. I ate there several times and the food was amazing - so much flavour and variety!! Even a Lemon Meringue pie was produced - freshly made! I have already made up my mind to revisit the place with friends as I feel confident we would have a great time! Keep up the good work Team El Mansour!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

I wanted to take Eric home with me

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed at Riad El Mansour at the beginning of May for 4 nights. I
thoroughly researched accommodation in Marrakech via trip advisor before I booked and felt confident that it would live up to expectations. We booked room 5 which is probably smaller than the rest and found it a bit on the small size as we had lots of luggage and had come from a huge room in a riad in Essaouria. However Mo the manager was kind enough to upgrade us 2 days later to a suite when it became available and the room was more than adequate. We loved everything about the Riad. Mo, the Manager is a real gem and was always on hand to help with anything and couldn't do enough to make sure we enjoyed our stay. He even managed to get my broken glasses repaired overnight. The other staff were also very friendly and helpful too. We felt the riad was perfectly situated within easy access of everything and if we wanted to dine at a restaurant further away, Mo would simply ask Mustaphur the riads driver to collect us and deliver us back to the riad again. We especially enjoyed the riads own Hammam and took advantage of the visiting therapists. The highlight of my stay was an acupuncture facial I had with Eric who is also a trained osteopath. I had never had acupuncture before let alone on my face but Eric was so skilled I really didn't feel a thing and I counted 21 needles in my face!! Afterwards my face glowed and the bags under my eyes had completely disappeared - I wanted to take Eric home with me.

One small criticisim would be the noise made by guests leaving in the early hours to catch their flight home but wherever you stayed you would encounter the same problem and we are extremely light sleepers!! We would definitely return to Riad El Mansaur and recommend it to all our friends."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Wow! This hotel is heaven on earth..

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"My partner and I stayed at Riad El Mansour in early May this year.
We chose this hotel because of the excellent TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed as the hotel lived up to our expectations.

We were treated like royalty by Mo, the manager and by Stephen, one the English owners. The Service was superb, rooms spotless (with twice daily maid service). There was always a supply of fresh mineral water, fruit and flowers in our room.

We ate lunch twice and dinner once on the terrace - the food was delicious and very filling - I recommend dining at least once at the riad.

The riad is only about a 15 minute walk from the main square, which during the day is a nice stroll - at night, if the hotel driver is not available, a taxi can be arranged for you. It's a nice walk to both Dah Moha and Dar Marjana, for lovely nearby restaurants.

I would wholly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to escape to paradise for a fews days of relaxation, pampering and unwinding."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of May 2007

The Awful Truth

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Sadly, all the previous reviews have chosen to exclude the awful truth about this place. Its location is NOT the most convenient; its facilities are second-rate; you'll get ripped off by the owners at every given opportunity and it's just too small for what it purports to be. The rooms wouldn't be out place in some of the seedier establishments in Amsterdam; the aircon/heating failed to work adequately; the shower plug-holes blocked all the time; the sizes of all the rooms were designed to accommodate midgets; it was noisy, cold, dusty and lacked any adequate space just to chill out. My family and I could have stayed just outside the medina in a dirt cheap Accor French 2/3* and enjoyed more luxury than this dump ! Perhaps that's what the owners thought too, since we rarely saw them spend any time lingering around the riad. Having said that, the local staff employed there, were just terrific and did their very best to show us a good time; however, you came away with the increasing feeing that it was bit like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone who's never travelled before and thinks that Quality Inns are a first class establishment."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007