Main Coutyard

Good

Not bad. Dont expect good service.

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"We stayed in Riad Ariha for 3 nights in December 2006. The riad is simple, clean and neat. We had a small ground floor room - if you intend to just laze around in your room and spend time in the Riad, this is not the place for you! Riad Ariha is more for someone that just wants to spend their whole day outside and come back to a decent place to sleep. The central courtyard of the riad is open, so you hear the street noises. We could hear the children on the street, prayers calls and the neighbors! Abdul who is sort of the manager at the riad is absolutely not helpful. Hes not from Marrakech, so doesnt know much about where to go and what to do. Twice he gave us wrong directions and bus names/numbers. He also didnt know how to dial the newly changed phone numbers. The food at the riad is good. We had a lovely dinner the day we arrived. Both rooms on the ground floor are small. But the ones upstairs are bigger."

• Travel date: 28th January 2007

Such a great experience!

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"My boyfriend and I have just returned from this charming and wonderful Riad in Marrakech. You're a stones throw from just about anywhere at Riad Ariha and if you're not, its really easy to walk to a taxi stop and grab a cab. The hotel arranged our tour guide for us and made sure we were well looked after. The service was wonderful, the staff is really friendly and ready to get you whatever you need. We said that our room was a bit cold upon arrival and a very pregnant and very friendly woman actually fetched us firewood to make a fire in the lovely fireplace in our room (they turned the central heating up as well which is what really did the trick). The rooms themselves were very very clean and nicely decorated. The owners were actually around on our last day, one of whom checked up on us during breakfast to make sure all was well, and the other took us to the Majorelle gardens for the afternoon. It was such a treat to stay there, I would reccomend it to ANYONE visiting Marrakech!"

• Travel date: 13th January 2007

Riad Ariha - peace in the medina

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at Riad Ariha for a week in November. I have to agree with other reviews that the Riad is a bit of a walk, especially if you are not entirely sure where you are going! The first few walks home at night were a bit of a nightmare! However, being far removed from the hustle and bustle of the souks has some massive benefits, mainly being that away from all the activity in the Square you can relax and chill out. The roof terrace was ideal for this! Our room, was lovely, very small but ideal considering you don't go to a country like Morroco to stay in your room! We had a room on the ground floor, but despite this we weren't disturbed by the comings and goings of the other guests in the Riad. The Riad staff were lovely and really helpful, breakfast was lovely, and our room was kept spotless! An indicator of just how on the ball the staff were; for a day or so there was torrential rain, the streets were muddy, it was cold. down right miserable weather. After the walk back to the Riad (which seemed almost twice as long this day!) we were so happy to see that the Riad staff had put portable radiators into the rooms, was brilliant and just what we needed to cheer us up! I'd recommend arranging transport to and from the airport, was a total bonus, finding our way to the Riad on the first day would have been near impossible on the first day (despite all the local kids who are happy to help with directions, at a price! A 'non' seems to do the trick though!). Getting a taxi ourselves (although there appeared to be plenty about) would also have been a bit of struggle! We saw so much of the city just by walking about, got ourselves a city guide and were off. Although it was a long long walk some days we managed to see so many more things than I think we would have had we jumped in a taxi and gone directly to our destination. I'd recommend anyone else who goes to Marrakech to do the same thing and really get to see the city and appreciate the culture."

• Travel date: 10th January 2007

Recommended Riad

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Riad Ariha is a delightful experience. The rooms are stylish and there really wasn't anything in the four days we were there just before Christmas which would warrant any form of adverse comment. Breakfast in the courtyard was lovely ( I didn't realise fig jam was so good) and if you are fortunate enough to have other guests as pleasant as we were lucky to experience your stay will be enhanced even further. Do take up the offer of an organised taxi from the airport. It will cost slightly more but is well worth it and if you want to save some money you can make your own arrangements for the return journey. The Riad is a twenty minute or so walk from the centre which was never a problem and there is a straightforward route along a busy road if you want to avoid the alleys through the souks. The information provided by the owners before the holiday was very useful and the staff at the Riad couldn't have been more pleasant in a very unobtrusive way and we thank them for a lovely time."

• Travel date: 9th January 2007

Magical place

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I booked the Riad Ariha after being impressed by the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was first impressed in my booking process. The owner Barbara was always prompt in answering my questions and very helpful. Before arriving, I was skeptical about finding the place. Barbara arranged to have a cab driver pick us up and he walked us to the Riad. This was very usefull, and I reccomend it. The Riad location is amazing. You feel like you are living amongst the locals in the heart of the medina. Once you make the walk once, it is easy to find (many signs). It is a easy walk to all the sights including the "Big Square". The area is safe to walk all times of the day though you will be approached by locals asking if you need something. Just give a firm NO. The Riad itself is gorgeous. Very nice elegant design. We loved the Jasmine room. very large and nicely decorated. The staff that Barbara has found are amazing. They made our stay very comfortable and special. Barbara needs to keep these folks even if that means a raise. Overall, if you are looking for a magical Riad in the middle of the Medina of Marrakesh, this is your place. I am confident that you will be hard pressed to find such a gorgeous place at this price with a fanatastic staff."

• Travel date: 5th January 2007

Not bad

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Overall I would say that this riad is not bad. I would not recommend it as enthusiastically as others have. We booked it by contacting Barbra directly, and she was very quick to respond. We arranged a car to pick us up at the airport, which worked out well as the riad is difficult to find and a bit of a walk from the main taxi drop off. Location is not the best- a bit far away from the souks and the big square. Can be a long walk especially after a big dinner! Our room was sparsely decorated and pretty nice. Mattress was firm but comfortable. There was a safe in the room- also nice to have as the room doors don't lock- standard for riads I believe. I am sure the staff are trustworthy but who knows about the guests! The terrace is a great spot to chill. Breakfasts were fresh and pretty standard- bread, pancakes, and juice. The internet-connected laptop for public use was also great to have if needed. Service was fine. Unobtrusive but not special. We booked a fireplace room specifically so that we could have a fire lit, but after asking repeatedly we never had a fire. Also, it appeared that the credit card machine was "broken" so only cash was accepted (although my deposit was by credit card, hmmm... maybe it was legitimately broken, but maybe they wanted to avoid the fee). This required a special trip to the ATM (20 min walking each way) to pull out a wad of bills. Not what you want to be doing if you are busy rushing off somewhere. Overall I'd say an ok deal for the price. When we came back through we stayed at Dar Saria [--] which was about the same price but way nicer."

• Travel date: 5th January 2007

Great Riad - top service

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"As all the other reviews have said a great riad. The service brillant. Highly reccommend. On the first night I think Abdul could see we were a bit nervous about walking back to the taxi drop off area ( the map not that good ) so he walked with us put us in a taxi and off we went. Once you have done it once you are fine and as he so kindly said any problems you can call him and he will come with find you. A lovely stay."

• Travel date: 2nd January 2007

Fabulous Riad

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"A big thank you to Amina, Abdullah and the team. This Riad is wonderful and the level of care and attention we received was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble and my partner and I had a truly special holiday, which increased when we moved from a smaller room on the ground floor to a larger room with a fantastic bath and domed ceiling. Amina's cooking was wonderful and commented on by all the guests. She and her team were discreetly in the background but always there the second we needed anything. Fatima even did our washing and ironing when we decided we wanted to stay on and not return to London. We felt so sad to leave and are planning to return as soon as we can. I cannot recommend this Riad strongly enough. Quite simply it made our holiday."

• Travel date: 12th December 2006

Peaceful, wonderful stay

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We booked this Riad based on the positive feed back and visiting wonderful Riad's official website. What I found most helpful was Barbra's prompt e-mail responses to all my questions and Abdul's friendly service. Although Barbra was out of the country during our stay, Abdul was very helpful and helped us book our trip to Ourika Valley and a taxi to our next destination - Riad Eden (please see my review on that Eden!) I have to agree that the breakfast was a little bland but we loved the pancake and the fig spread. Arrange for a taxi pick-up at the airport as finding the Riad yourself will be a challenge (and scary for first time visitors). Make sure you go outside the airport as we waited inside the airport and thought that the driver did not show up when he was actually waiting for us outside. Prepare 20-30 diram as a tip for a guy that will transport your luggage from the taxi drop off to the Riad. Be also aware that the Riad will not have all the toiletry kit that you will expect from major hotels. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in this Riad and would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from the busy, loud medina, especially for a couple who wants to get away! I liked the fact that it was recently renovated so it was clean and new! We would definitely go back if we're to visit Marrakech again."

• Travel date: 10th November 2006

Hotel and staff are Gems!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"All the satisfied reviews here are absolutely correct. Everything about the Riad Ariah was exquisite, including: Barbara’s welcome and professionalism, Bader’s help and infinite friendliness, Amina’s tajines, the hearty and tasty breakfast, the air-conditioned room, the WiFi in the middle of old Medina Marrakech (!!!), the beachy rooftop for naps or dinner, the impeccable cleanliness. One single word of caution for older folks: the Ariah is not accessible directly from the street by car/taxi and can be disconcerting if you are not forewarned. If you have a fair amount of luggage, be sure to contact Bader or Barbara so they can make arrangements. On the other hand, the deep in the Medina location is fantastic if you would rather avoid the ‘touristy’ type of locations, because the Ariah is like coming home! Highly recommended! Christian & Lisa"

• Travel date: 8th November 2006

Hotels near Riad Ariha

Riad Ariha is also called

• riad ariha marrakech
  • riad ariha hotel marrakech