This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Maison MK

Good

Hippy chic

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Very relaxed and informal. Riad in excellent location for the Medina but very tranquil. The staff could not have been more helpful. Food excellent, ambiance contemporary hippy chic, perhaps a little different to your average Riad. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Edward and Jo"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of November 2008

Fantastic 40th and 50th birthday celebration trip

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We visited Maison MK for a long weekend to celebrate both a 40th and 50th birthday. We had an absolutely fabulous time and could not fault the service we received at the Riad, from the warm welcome we received on our arrival to the no fuss provision of everything we asked for that made it all appear effortless. The Riad is entered off a busy narrow alley in the old Medina, the plain door giving little hint of the haven within. The interior is beautifully designed (I am an architect and so do not compliment it lightly) to be modern yet reflect the rich personality of Marrakesh. Although staying for such a short time we spent more time relaxing in the Riad than we expected, indulging in their wonderful Hammam and massage treatments as well as relaxing on their roof terrace admiring the rooftop landscape. When we ventured out the hotel, staff gave excellent advise on places to visit or eat and how to get there. Marrakesh is a place which you do not need to be too structured about as round every corner there appeared another surprise. We loved wandering through the Medina talking to the shopkeepers and bargaining for things to bring home.
We ate in the Riad on our first night and the food was excellent. We decided to experience other venues on the following 2 nights, which although enjoyable did not reach the standard of the Riad food. As a bunch of 40/50 year old women (we left our kids and partners at home) we felt completely at home and enjoyed all the little touches like the mobile phones provided, which enabled us to ring for advice about where to eat in the particular part of town we found ourselves in at lunch time.
The water main was cut off to the whole district while we were there, and we were provided with ample bottled water immediately and cooled off with a dip in the pool until we could take a shower again.
While we were there, there were no young guests, but I noticed a stash of games etc. to amuse children should one bring them."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2008

Amazing relaxing oasis in the heart of Marrakech maddness

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Straight off from the booking process I knew that we would have a fantastic stay at Maison MK. I found the riad randomly on google and rang up to see if I could get a nearly last minute reservation. Paul, the owner, was super friendly and helpful. We chatted about the location and their services and you could tell that he was totally passionate about the place.

The riad is absolutely stunning. The rooms are gorgeous and amazingly high-tech with ipod stereos and wifi throughout the place. The bathrooms are awesome with huge bathtubs and rain forest showers. I especially loved the little touches of the rubber ducky and the nice bath products.

As for the staff, they are unbelievably warm and attentive. We really felt like they were doing everything they could to help us out. Jallel and Pauline were fantastic.

What else is there to say? The rooftop terrace has great views and it so nice to eat breakfast on. In the evenings we spent time chilling out in the "camel" smoking room sipping on wine.

Oh and finally - the massages and hammam were amazing!

We will definitely be returning to Maison MK."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2008

A Beautful & Romantic Riad in Marrakech

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"An amazing and beautiful riad in Marrakech.
I stayed at the Maison MK for 4 nights in mid October, the weather tempreture was perfect.
The whole place has been lovingly restored to its former glory along with sympathetic modern and stylish elements.
The whole ambeince is magical, romantic, calm and a serene oasis in this beautifuly diverse and exciting city.
The rooms are very stylish, but comfortable and well thought through with every facility considered.
The roof garden is peaceful and luxurious, whether having breakfast served, relaxing or having evening drinks its a treat.
The staff are charming and friendly and have got the balance of being there when you need them but not hovering over you when you dont want them to.
The overall service is fantatsic from the airport pick ups to help organising events and trips for your stay.
I had serval treatments in the new mini spa, they were amazing and a real fantastic addition to Maison MK.
I couldnt reccomend the Maison MK highly enough, i had a fantastic time and am looking forward to going back soon."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2008

fantastic birthday treat

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"what a fantastic break we had at maison mk. only wish we had booked a longer stay!
all the staff were helpful and attentive without fail. jalil, the manager was charming , regularly checking that everything was ok.
the riad - great location for the souks and the square - was an architectural dream. very pleasing to the eye and with plenty of interesting areas in which to relax.
lots of little touches - petals on the bed, and flowers in the room.
food was excellent - recommend the yoghurt at breakfast. dinner at maison mk was far superior to what we experienced outside the riad.
thanks to everyone at maison mk for a special and memorable break."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2008

excelent

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"stayed here for 4 days in early october. It was excellent

all the staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and well laid out. General facilities were top notch - terrace, cinema room, hamman, kitchens.

definitely recommend."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of October 2008

Perfect in every way

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Just returned from a stay in Maison MK on our honeymoon. Absolutely amazing in every way. Fantastic staff, attention to detail, beautiful room, great design, amazing food, fantastic spa, prefect location (about 5mins walk from the big square in Marrakech, but nice and quiet).

The manager is part Scottish and the owner from England (who happened to be staying while we were there) which means they are great for giving advice to Brits about restaurants, trips, shopping in the souk etc etc. Like having your own personal guide - so helpful.

Nothing bad to say about the whole trip. Would highly recommend it to anyone. We've never stayed anywhere else in Marrakech but I doubt anywhere could be better than Maison MK."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

A very cool place in a hot city

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We had been to an other riad previously and this had a completely different WOW factor, with the welcome from Pauline to introduce us to all MK had to offer, which certainly brings more to a break than a clean bed and plenty of towels. The bedrooms and the bathrooms were very funky and sheets, towels changed daily and if not more! The food was excellent and lunch on our arrival turned out to be a very tasty three course intro, however it was very tasty and the breakfasts certainly gave a good start to the day. I should say that the fruit salads were fab!
Both Jallel and Pauline (managers) could not have been more helpful in advice for places to go and this was complimented by the staff who could not have been more helpful.
The spa was excellent, with us both having different treatments and it was well worth a visit."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

Almost Perfection!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Maison over August. Being our first time to Marrekech we were a bit hesitant in making accomodations outside of the larger resorts. I have to say for our entire stay the quality and consistency of service was far superior to many 5 star properties we have stayed at around the world.

From the time of booking the reservation through the end of the stay, the quality of service was outstanding. The Maison staff completely had our stay well-planned to each request; where be it, dinner reservations, club reservations, private drivers, or guides. Even in returning very late at night, the staff was still attentive and provided cocktails or snacks on the terrace.

The riad itself is extremely quiet although it is inside the walls of the medina. We heard no outside street noise, and the riad is out of the hustle of the souks.

The design of the riad is very well thoughtout. Rooms are extremely comfortable, and the terrace is amazing at night! Make sure you request a fire on the terrace at least one evening! The small touches of IPOD jacks, luxury toiletries, and especially the charged cellular phones to use during the stay made us feel even more relaxed and comfortable.

The Maison MK is definitely worth the trip. There is much more culture and feel than any large resort; but still have all the luxuries. My wife and I will definitely return!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Couldn't fault Masion MK

Good
Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I must say, that my experience at Maison MK mirrors that of many of the other guests who have reviewed this property, so I won't bore everyone too much with how great this place is. Working in the hospitality sector and having stayed in some truly special hotels around the world, I was amazed by the attention to detail that the owners have put into the Riad and what they have been able to pack into a property of this size. It truly is an oasis in the Medina.

In my experience, no matter how good the property, it's often the staff that make or break your stay. In the case of Maison MK, the staff were friendly, curteous and extremely helpful in arranging activities, transport etc.

I'll certainly be returning!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008