About La Villa des Orangers - Hotel

• newspaper
  • sun terrace
  • spanish amenities
  • heated pool
  • paid public parking on site
  • rooftop pool
  • valet parking amenities

truly awesome

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We stayed in a very spacious 2 level suite for 6,800dh/ night -(unfortunately we couldn't book additional nights since it was fully booked). After two weeks of touring it was great to come here for some R& R. The service is outstanding ....laundry, beverages, breakfast & light lunch are included in the price --- what a bonus! The location was convenient .....hop away from the medina or an easy walk to Gueliz. I really don't have anything bad to say about this place......a wonderful oasis. Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of November 2006

Absolutely wonderful, memorable!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We stayed in this hotel beginning of October 2006, for our honeymoon. I can confirm all the previous comments, it is a wonderfull hotel and an oasis in the middle of marrakech. The ambiance, decor, food and more importantly staff were of such excellent standards. From the moment your walk in off the street your nose is tantilzed with the scent of jasmine, floating rose petals and candles from the baths that adourn the enterance. The perfumes of rose and jasmine are throughout the hotel. none more so than in your room. Attention to detail is evident everywhere, from the 'do not distrub' sign (A Fez) the jasmine scented toiletries, the facility to order breakfast any time that suits you and promptly delivered and elegantly layed out on the finest crockery every morning on our private terrace, to the wonderful sounds of live morrocan music being played from the candlit courtyard. Absolutely Wonderful.

I also tried a couple of the beauty treatments and both were of a high standard. We were also recommended by the hotel to indulge in a hamman which we did in the 'The Sultan' (walking distance), and wow was it good. so too was the decor in this hotel,definitely worth a look!!! Would we return villa des orangers? Yes very much so. It was wonderfully romantic, calming and relaxing, more than we ever expected. (not overly sure it would be appropriate for small children) more of a couple's resort."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006

A little oasis

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Hidden away behind large wooden doors is an oasis of peace, calm and tranquility.

We recommend hiring a guide for the day if you want to go shopping, they sertainly know their way around! However, dont take his recommendations for restaurants,we did and had the most horrendous meal at AL BARAKA, it looks nice, and is well appointed,but when the coach tours arrive for dinner you will know that it was the wrong choice.The food was foul to say the least!

We took an excursion to the atlas mountains which was arranged by the hotel, we wanted to see some REAL villages and local people. The village that our driver took us to was set up for tourists selling the usual tourist tat,which defeated the object of the excercise!

Alexandra ,head of food and beverage at the hotel knows her stuff ask her for a recommendation.Hamid was also very helpful and was a credit to his proffession.

Our room (no.9) was super, with a private roof terrace, great bathroom and very very clean.

The only slight let down was the food in the hotel, I would not rate it as 5 star.Lunch which is included, was only ok. For example a salad which was described as salad leaves and bacon, and a soft boiled egg came with a VERY hard boiled egg, that is what makes the salad. We only dined in one evening which was enough, no vegetables or accompliments with the main course.

If you are into shopping take plenty of suitcases with you. We took 2 suitcases and two smaller carry on bags and filled the lot with an 3 kilos as excess baggage!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Peace and Tranquility

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"This is the place for a romantic break (if you go to Marrakech - think hard).
When you arrive you think is this the right place, but as soon as you step through the door you enter a world of luxury that is expected being members of the Relais & Chateaux.
The suites are very well appointed even down to air fresheners in silver holders in the loo! Large flat screen TV, bath and shower etc etc. The staff are very attentive, lunch and breakfast was included as was hotel transfer and all soft drinks.
There are 2 pools to relax around with luxurious loungers, covers and towels.
The food and service was excellent - I had a fillet steak ( as a change from local dishes) and it was first class. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We had a meal in Le Topsil which was very romantic, authentic and a great experience if you want to sample Morrocan hospitality and service at its best (apart from this hotel that is!)
The hotel / Riad was very very quiet and you feel very calm and relaxed while staying there.
It was a shame we could only stay for 2 nights as they were fully booked.
They arranged for a trip to the Atlas mountains by Taxi - this was well worth the effort and time (5 hrs)
While this Riad is not inexpensive - you get what you pay for and I have no complaints and recommend it highly."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

The calm oasis in the madness of Marrakech

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Having just returned I can only say that every positive review is correct, this place is fantastic, The rooms, the decor, the food and especially the staff. The Villa des Orangers is literally an oasis of calm within the hustle and bustle of the Marrakech medina. Ideal as a base and somewhere to retreat to when it all gets to much.

Must also highly recommend Le Tobsil restaurant, a unique experience ... the place is so well hidden that you are met by staff and taken through alleys and walkways until you find the wooden door...you then enter into a feast under the stars....fantastic and very romantic.

We will return to both"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

Truly fabulous!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I stayed in Villa des Orangers for 3 nights. I just loved the place. The rooms are so comfortable and beautifully designed. The atmosphere is so relaxing.The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the service was fantastic. It is definitely a place to go back to after being in the busy medina. I strongly recommend it to whoever is looking for a hotel with style."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of September 2006

Utter Perfection

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Villa des Orangers for four nights during part of our honeymoon in February 2006 and we could not have been happier. After reading all the excellent reviews on this site, we had very high expectations, but they were surpassed. This riad is magnificent with a stunning attention to detail. The service is impeccable. From the manager who showed us to our suite and gave us a tour of the property, to the countless staff who served us delicious breakfasts and lunches, as well as cocktails and snacks in the parlors and courtyards, the service was always prompt and pleasant without being intrusive. The staff also arranged for a tour guide for us (Moustafa) who was excellent as well. We ended up extending our trip and wanted to stay at Orangers for an extra night, but it was fully booked. However, the manager went above and beyond and arranged for us to stay at the Maison Arabe (which is very nice, but not in the same league as Orangers). We also considered staying at La Mamounia, but after having drinks there, we are glad we did not because Orangers is just as luxurious, but has the added personal touch and local charm that a sprawling resort like La Mamounia cannot offer. Bar none, Orangers is the best place to stay in Marrakech for a romantic getaway."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel after reading all the positive reviews on trip advisor and I have to say, the Riad lived up to every expectation I had. It really is just perfect. The food is great, we loved the fact that breakfast, lunch, soft drinks and laundry are included! If you can afford it, I would recommend asking for a suite that also has access to the roof-top pool – we loved being able to go from the larger main pool at the ground level to the quiet, more private one on the roof. It’s a great place to watch the sun go down."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Really lovely

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a long weekend in Marrakech and stayed at the Villa des Orangers. We booked in May and they had only one room left - so be warned book early!! Having left a hot and dry London, our flight was diverted to Casablanca for about an hour because of thunderstorms in Marrakech! However a livered driver from the hotel was waiting for us and when we got to the hotel things just got better.

I was worried about the room because we were in a 'duplex' and I had wanted a suite. However, it was very nice. It was downstairs off the main courtyard but still felt very private. Easy access to the pool as well.We went out each morning and came back to a lovely lunch by the pool.

The only quirky experience - we got back from a restaurant at about 11 and asked the night manager if we could have 2 brandys. He said the barman had just left and he had to watch the desk and did we really NEED them - of course, we didn't NEED them, we just WANTED them. I made sure I asked for them before we went out for dinner the next night!

All in all a really memorable hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

A truly wonderful experience

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I just returned from Marrakech and La Villa des Orangers where I spent 3 nights and 4 days with my boyfriend. I chose this hotel/riad because of all the great reviews posted on this site and it was everything I expected and more. The service was impeccable, friendly, polite and genuine. I would like to mention the PR manager, Hamadi, who was amazing. The first 2 nights we stayed in room #9 which was charming with a upstairs private sundeck. The last night we stayed in one of the suites, #2O, which was a simply beautiful, I am planning to redecorate my apartment to resemble it as close possible. The public space was understated luxury and sumptous at the same time. Breakfast which is included in the price was perfect and a light lunch is also included in the price and that was also just right. Stylish, elegant and unassuming would be an appropriate description of this wonderful place."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006