Good

The perfect place to stay in marrakech!

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"I viisted Marrakech for the first time in June. The riad we had booked via Internet was a big dissapointment. So my friend marleen and I headed to the Jamaa al-Fna square to see if we could find some English speaking people who could reccomend a Hotel/Riad.
we found a young couple who were staying at the Hotel tresor and highly reccomended it to us.

So, off we went to find the hotel. This was at 23.15!

We were welcomed by Mustapha who was kind enough to show us around the whole hotel including the roof terrace. The hotel is spotlessly clean, very tastefully decorated and has such freindly staff! Nothing was too much trouble. We went back to the other Riad to collect our bags and were settled in by midnight and our holiday finally began. Great breakfast on the roof terrace served from 8am.
Mustapha was also kind enough to make us mint tea every evening. He also joined us for tea and we chatted about our day. It was the best Mint Tea that I tasted on my visit!
We had a great time and will certainly stay at this hotel again!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Peaceful, beautiful riad in perfect location

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"I have recently spent 3 nights at the Hotel du Tresor with my mother, daughter and my daughter's friend.
We have all been to Marrakech on several different occasions, staying in a variety of riads and hotels. We all agreed that the Hotel du Tresor provides tremendous value for money and is pretty much perfectly located both for La Place, the Souks and the cultural sites of Marrakech (eg 2 mins to La Place and 10 to the Bahia Palace). For all its convenience it is extremely quiet and peaceful and the local Mosque is far enough away to be of no concern.
The bedrooms are charming with imaginative and stylish decoration and wonderfully comfortable beds. There is a thoughtful attention to detail.
The bathrooms are just as lovely and the plumbing very efficient (for Marrakech!) The public spaces and terraces rival those of riads more than twice the price and have wonderful views over the roof tops to the mountains, the Katoubia, a corner of the Place and offer a great spot for anything from sunbathing to an evening drink.
Breakfast is generous and varied with exceptional coffee, breads, yoghurts, cheese, conserves etc etc. We ate in La Place every night. Unmissable especially in a thunder storm!
Finally the best thing about this terrific little hotel is it's staff who are kind, welcoming charming and helpful without ever being intrusive. The cleaners scrub the entire riad from top to bottom daily and Amine and the rest of the team are completely dedicated to this exceptional venture and the guests they care for so professionally. I wish them all years of success with this relatively new venture. They ricely deserve the praise they receive and this little gem of retreat is one amazing find! We loved it."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of March 2009

Bring earplugs, cold staff

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Stayed here early March for four nights. My partner and I stayed in one of the suites while our friend stayed in one of the single rooms. Our room was nicely decorated and clean but the heating didn't work and it was cold at night. It was also very noisey. The mosque was very loud, there were people and cleaners talking outside our room at all hours and you could hear the motorbikes outside buzzing past. It was so bad I had to go out and buy ear plugs.
Didn't find the staff very welcoming or helpful either. Didn't know the hotel provided dinner until we asked. Would have been nice to have had some sort of welcome to marrakech, how was your flight, a bit of info about the area and nearby sites etc. But we were just taken straight to our rooms.
Maybe I was expecting too much but I think there are nicer riads to stay in with much better service and hospitality."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of March 2009

Charming & artsy

Reviewed Fri 8th of February 2013

"I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel - booked through the hotel web site. Place is in an excellent location - about 2 mins walk from Jemna el fna. I stayed in room Valmond at cost of 35 euro which included a buffet breakfast. The place is clean, tastefully decorated with antique furnishings & furniture. The riad is modern & would not hesitate to return. People are friendly & helpful. This was my second visit to marrakesh & I highly recommend for this price - it does not get better."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of January 2009

A treasure

Reviewed Fri 15th of February 2013

"I found this riad through glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and I wasn't dissapointed at all.

It's a clean well run riad in the very center of action although being a very tranquil place once you're inside. Even the nearby mosque didn't wake me in the morning although I'm a light sleeper.
They do have A/C and heating and good breakfast with coffee/tea, bread, cheese, boiled eggs, pancakes, jam, freshly squeezed orange juice etc.

Staff is wonderful and very helpful and I think when I get back to Marrakech I'll stay in Hotel du Tresor."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

What a treasure

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This hotel should win awards for its beautiful design and exemplary service. It sits in the middle of the Medina close to everything we wanted to see in Marrakech. We arrived on the overnight train from Tangier and the hotelier had our room ready at 8 am, welcomed us to a delicious breakfast and set us up with detailed maps for maneuvering around the square. The hotel was so completely accommodating that I didn't even mind when the hot water went out for a day. Amin, the manager, was completely willing to address the barrage of questions I had about a country I'd never visited and recommended food and entertainment that was often the highlight of our trip. Stay at this hotel. Bring your friends. And then recommend it to everyone you know."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

Fantastic hotel in the centre of The Medina

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I chose this hotel thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor as well as location. It is in a street full of riads and this one looks the cosiest outside by far. And that is only the beginning, inside this riad mixes design with tradition. The hotel and its rooms are full of little details, like lovely lamps, design mirrors and so on. In the middle of the patio there is an orange trea and a small swimming pool (although I don't know whether this one can be used or it is just part of the architecture). Breakfast is served in the terrace upstairs where you feel like a prince!!! Hotel staff are really nice and corteous, Amine will help you with all your requests and needs. He knows so many places to eat and drink, which is really useful as alcohol is not sold widely. If you want a nice glass of wine he will tell you where to get it, as well as where to eat according to your needs. I liked specially Cafe Arabe in the middle of the souks, easy to find during the day, but do not adventure to look for it at night!! Kozy bar is also very popular with tourists.
The hotel is not only nice but it is also really in the centre of the Medina. Jema el fna square is about 1 minute. The souks about 3 mins. The Katakubia about 4 minutes."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

A lovely place to stay

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We looked at a few hotels in this area and decided that this was by far the nicest! It's made out in a quirky modern european style with a Moroccan finish.
We really liked our room and had a great stay. The only thing that we weren't keen on was the lay out of our bathroom, the shower was positioned in a way that you couldn't help but soak most of the floor and sink!
The location is also very handy. The courtyard and terrace are fantastic; really lovely places to spend some time away from the Marrakech madness. Staff were very nice and friendly."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

Hotel du Tresor - great stay

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband & I stayed at this place based on the previous review. We were not disappointed - it was incredibly reasonable and our room was comfortable with full ensuite etc. The best part is the rooftop deck which has stunning views across marrakech & is a gorgeous spot to lie in the afternoons with a good book on the day beds. Breakfast is also served on the rooftop - is also a nice peaceful spot to get away from the hussle & bussle of the markets after a day of haggling. Our host was Amin - he was excellent - very attentive & even arranged a private dinner for us both on the rooftop one evening.

Highly recommend this place, in a good location & close to the main square, but I recommend you book a car/taxi to collect you from the airport so they can personally escort you to the hotel door as you would never find it yourself!!"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of March 2008

love at first sight

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I discovered this little treasure when wandering the lanes of marrakech. We had stayed in a few different riads on this trip and this was by far and away the best one.It is quirky and artistic and every room has a different design and feel.The italian owner is a designer for the rich and famous and has gathered prized pieces from all over morocco to create this gem.We stayed in a different room every night just so we could see all the art and quirky touches.It also boasts an amazing rooftop where you can eat/drink or laze on the big daybeds and enjoy the sunset.There was a cute pool in the court yard although it was too chilly for a swim.We felt very welcomed and all the staff are kind and attentive.Basically we got way more for the price tag than we expected and its not too often one can say that these days! It is only a couple of minutes walk to the main markets jemaa el fna, but it was hidden away and nice and peaceful."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Hotels near Hotel du Tresor

Hotel du Tresor is also called

• Hotel Du Tresor Marrakech