Good

I can only echo the above review, relaxi...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"I can only echo the above review, relaxing and pleasant surroundings yes, however that’s where the positive ends.

As the food/service/room were well and truly below par for the money and it’s not cheap.

I don’t want to go into a long boring dialogue of our experience there, less to say I definitely do not recommend going."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Excellent, peaceful, healthy food, plent...

Reviewed Mon 4th of September 2006

"Excellent, peaceful, healthy food, plenty to drink, and our kids had a great time running around the grounds. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone. "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of September 2006

Beautiful and charming

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I spent a few days at La Roseraie before meeting up with a friend in Marrakech and wished I'd been able to spend the whole week there. Not because Marrakech wasn't enticing and enjoyable itself, but because I totally fell in love with La Roseraie. It's set in an incredible location, the climate is perfect (hot and sunny but slightly tempered by altitude), the gardens beautiful, and alive with nature: birdsong by day and chirruping frog chorus by evening.

As a early thirties single female travelling alone and wanting to relax from a busy London life it was an absolutely perfect first taste of Morocco: none of the hassle you'd experience in the towns, good pampering treatments at the Hammam and just wonderful peace and quiet. My room (they're all one storey 'chalets' nestled and clustered amongst the grounds) was clean and beautifully presented with authentic Moroccan touches and a gorgeously dressed bed.

Early June seemed a particularly quiet time to be at the hotel and the gardens bright and fragrant with flowers (though the roses a couple of weeks past their best and I'd quite like to go back in mid-May when I suspect they're in full bloom). Staff were unintrusive but extremely helpful and able to accommodate all my needs. Three pools and plentiful loungers made for comfortable hours of sunbathing, and I made some friends amongst the guests - the hotel seemed to attract really nice clientele. I also went horseriding - a good healthy Arab stallion and a friendly guide, on steep and rocky terrain in the surrounding landscape.

Some seem to complain that the restaurant - and other aspects of the hotel - are overpriced but then I'd say you have to make some allowance for the remoteness of the area. I found it excellent value for money. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of June 2006

Heavenly hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My husband and I just returned from a walking trip in Morocco with a small group of 6 people plus a guide.As part of our tour, we had the priviledge of staying at La Roseraie for 3 nights. The first glimpse of heaven is as you pass through the lobby and walk through plantings of roses of every color that are everywhere you turn. It is so special to see this sight.
The rooms are lovely as well. Nicely appointed with nice amenities.
We even had a traditional "hammam" (bath) as well as a very good massage. Prices are very reasonable, too.
There is a small gift shop right out the front door run by brothers who don't overwhelm you while you're shopping. They give you time and space to look and make choices, also at reasonable prices.
The buffet breakfasts are wonderful with lots to choose from and even a chef to make you an omlet. Our dinners there were wonderful and quite filling.
Everyone at La Roseraie were friendly and always ready to help. The Front Desk and Office folks are wonderful.
We can't say enough good about this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of May 2006

Little piece of Heaven

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Just returned from the long May-Day weekend at La Roseraie, and once again can only talk in superlatives! We had promised our visiting relatives from South Africa and Botswana a little piece of Heaven, and they were certainly not disappointed. Living in Morocco as my husband and I have been for the past 9 years, we tend to take the sites that this beautiful country has to offer somewhat for granted. However, La Roseraie is something so special that it can't topped or, indeed, missed if you ever have the opportunity to visit. Set deep in the High Atlas mountains, the scenery is breathtaking, the hotel itself a poem to culturally sensitive design. Use of local stone enhancing local architectural style is a delight to the eyes, and of course the rose gardens at this time of the year were blooming in almost Disney technicolour! Thousands and thousands of them, enhancing the walkways and paths and the scent in the early evening was almost dizzying.

We arrived late Saturday afternoon and were shown to our 3 rooms, each different, each sumptiously furnished with comfort and taste in mind. Ours had a separate sunken living room, next door's room was similar but with a large open fireplace for winter residents. On the other side of the beautiful gardens our third bedroom overlooked the river, which was flowing fast and furious with recent snow melt. She said she was lulled to sleep by the sound of the river.

Our rooms were spotless, the mini-bars well-stocked, and the deep-pile dressing gowns ready as cover-ups as we took advantage of the hydrothermaphie offered by the spa. 3 of the women in our party treated themselves to manicures, pedicures and massages - all extras, of course, but at very reasonable prices compared with the hotels in Marrakech.

Dinner that night was buffet catering for all dietary requirements with plenty of vegetarian options. Breakfast, also buffet, offered not just the usual cereal, eggs, yoghurt that you'd expect, but also freshly-made local breads and pancakes, served separately in heated ceramic dishes. Optionally drenched with honey, these were heaven itself!

A leisurely mountain hike followed our self-indulgence at breakfast - up the hill past the scrupulously clean stables - probably housing upwards of 12 arabian horses. Hard to count as some were out with visitors. The stables are of the same stone as the hotel complex and we noticed a paddock for ?dressage or training - again all in excellent condition and spotless. A charming child (who we later were introduced to as the owner's daughter) kitted out in jodphurs and riding boots, rushed up to us to ask eagerly if we were riding that morning. She was obviously disappointed that we wouldn't be joining her! Onwards and upwards with Mounts Ouakameiden and Toubkal in the distrance - both snow-topped. The management have planted a "aromatic alley" where herbs are grown, to be used in the kitchens so the smell of this part of our hike was of sage, and mint, thyme and rosemary. (We remarked that it was this kind of small attention to detail that is seemily characteristic of La Roseraie).

So to sum up -and again apologies for the superlatives - our time at La Roseraie was the very highest point of our visitors' trip to Morocco. For us, it's a place of magical memories and we'll not leave it long before we return. Every visit we've made has been made at different times of the year, and each season has it's delights."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of May 2006

The Rosarie is fabulous

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Having lived in Morocco for seven years now, I have found the Rosarie to be a real treat. My family has stayed there numerous times and we have always enjoyed the ambiance, the great food and service, and the lovely rooms. We have been there in the gorgeous months of fall and spring and sat by the pool, and have hunkered down in front of the many fireplaces in the cold months of winter. The Rosarie is situated in an idyllic setting and there are miles of great treks to take directly form the entrance of the hotel. If you are anywhere near Marakesh be sure to put the Rosarie on your list of destinations, even if it is only for a drink or for lunch."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of April 2006

Beautiful, Cultural, and Relaxing!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"One of the best places I have ever been, will definitely be back. Mountains, Berber culture, traditional foods and gardens an hour out of Marrakesh. Family run business and you feel it. Rooms don't feel like hotel rooms and you are treated like kings. Quiet lounging around the pool, aromatic and athletic walks. Top it off with excellent and healthy food and a few friendly drinks with the other interesting guests. My wife loved it too and she is a much tougher critic than I am."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of April 2006

great, relaxing

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"baffled by the poor reviews. we loved the place. We found the food superb (brush up your french to read the menu), wonderful fish, awesome suffle.
the rooms were simple but tidy. resting in peace by the pool was wonderful.
the staff are shy as their english is not great, but it just needs a smile and a "thank you" and they are great.
You must try the horse riding through the mountains."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of April 2006

Superbe

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"It is one of the most beautiful place I have ever been. I already returned twice.

The suites are beautiful and the food is simply excellent (and I live half time in Morocco, which I think allows me to give an objective judgement of the food.

If you want to combine trekking and comfort, it is just the place to be."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of March 2006

Pleasant but overpriced

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at La Roseraie for two nights.
Our room was a junior suite. Very clean roomy and attractive but why they have to have plastic shower curtains and plastic bins was beyond me at the equivalent of $180 US per person per night with breakfast and dinner. The food was average we had had some spectacular food at these prices at other stops in two weeks in Morocco. I had a haamam at the spa very nice but others had massages etc and found them very second rate. The robes and towels have been washed and line dryed so were old tired and stiff. Not a luxury experience as promised in the fancy literature."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

My partner and I were wondering what dec...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"My partner and I were wondering what decade this hotel had been good in, we think it was late 70's early 80's.

It certainly is very tired and not very clean now. Is priced as a luxury hotel, in reality it has seen better days, many years ago.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Extremely disappointing....

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We combined a week in Marrakech with 6 days at La Roseraie. We left to return to Marrkech after two nights and would have left after two hours had that been possible. Filthy rooms, below average food, surly staff who were at best indifferent and at their worst aggressive and belligerent made for my worst holiday experience to date. Do not be taken in by the brochures, this is not a nice place to stay! For "idyllic" read "desolate", for "rustic" read "filthy and rundown", for peaceful read "no facilities" and for "charming" read "rude and argumentative"! The hydrotherapy pool is a health hazard! You have been warned!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of March 2005

Hotels near Domaine de la Roseraie

Domaine de la Roseraie is also called

• La Roseraie Hotel