Peaceful Riad, Top quality hotel

Reviewed Tue 2nd of February 2016

"You couldn't ask for more, it a top quality hotel: staff is so helpful, owners are very friendly - accommodation, service, location- are just superb.
We found our room beautifully decorated and spacious, clean, fitted with a four-poster bed– free WiFi - with a safe which fits your laptop and valued stuff.
The most important thing is that this is truly an oasis of calm far from all the hustle and bustle from the city - with a beautiful courtyard with comfortable sofa, pool, trees and flowers, even with a bibliotheca.
The Riad is absolutely stunning, especially the roof garden terrace: lots of hidden areas for you to relax unwind and take a breakfast, a lunch or even a diner – or simply a drink.
The Spa experience was just truly amazing, good quality price treatments: Hamman , scrub and massage – just to feel fresh and clean and relax.
Unless you know the city, I would strongly recommend the Riad's taxi service from the airport as a first time visitor is unlikely to find it easily.
This is a top quality hotel for first-timers and regulars to Morocco.
We loved it.

• Travel date: Sat 30th of January 2016

Fantastic location, superb staff

Reviewed Mon 25th of January 2016

"Olivier and the team couldn't have been more helpful, and they were just amazing. The Riad is located perfectly within short walking distance of the sights in the Medina, and is gorgeous inside. My advice would be to book tours through the Riad itself, not your tour company (and avoid Sahara Tours!)"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of January 2016

Great location

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2015

"Fab hotel great location, we could walk to most of the attractions and places of interest we wanted to see. Nice clean room serviced daily and a good breakfast. Staff were helpful and polite. Would not hesitate to return."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of June 2015

Adoro este hotel! I LOVE this place!!

Reviewed Thu 11th of June 2015

"No hay palabras suficientes para describir Riad Al Ksar! Es un hotel tan lindo y pacifico. Me gustó mucho el patio con plantas y una alberca, y también una terraza con vistas de la ciudad. Los empleados y dueños del hotel eran extraordinarios—muy, muy amables. Me enamoré de Riad Al Ksar! Me gustaría regresar muy pronto.

Riad Al Ksar greatly exceeded my expectations! I cannot find the words to adequately express the sense of tranquility I experienced at this hotel. I loved the patio, with its lovely plants and serene pool, in addition to the terrace, with views of the city. The staff and owners of the hotel were extraordinary—incredibly kind and thoughtful. I fell in love with Riad Al Ksar! I would like to return very soon!

-- Mel

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2015

SUPERBE RIAD, VERY WELL MANAGED !

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"Great authentic atmosphere, very good friendly staff and management who are always ready to help.
Beautiful house. Comfortable and well equipped room with air conditioning .
The food was brilliant, both breakfast, as well as the dinner
The hotel is very central, all major attraction and restaurants are at walking distance.
The swimming pool a real bonus in July."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2014

Exquisitely appointed riad, beautiful food, exceptional value!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I've stayed at Al Ksar Riad & Spa twice now since it opened recently. The hosts Oli and Damien provide a visual feast with their decoration and you walk into your room and go 'yes'. My room had its own ensuite, duvet and fluffy robe, well cool.

My diet errs on the side of vegan and attention was paid to my requirements, and was omg delicious. Its hard to know where or what to eat sometimes in Morocco so this was a huge bonus, I didnt have to worry.

As a single female traveller I also felt very safe getting to and from the riad, and will be bringing clients back to stay in their spa for a retreat this year. I had mentioned to Oli that I loved shopping and wanted to get some fabric, so he whizzed me around the best places in Marrakech to have a look and then buy. Best of all, as he is French and fluent, I knew that I wasnt going to get ripped off in the bargaining.

A fab riad with a personal touch! It was a complete luxury experience without the super high price tag. Cheers Oli and Damien, cant wait to see you again!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of March 2010

Felt like a home!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We have planned our holidays in Marrakech for one week in February. We were looking for some cosy place to stay within the mid-budget and close to the Median Centre. Al Ksar Riad, owned by French guys Damian and Olivier, was our choice. We were not let down! The rooms were comfy, clean and furnished with a good taste - a mixture between Maroccan and European style, and very bright! as compared to the rooms in a typical Maroccan Riads.
However, the best were the owners:Damian and Oli. They knew everything about the city, where to shop, where to eat, how to get to the interesting places, and gave us all the necessary tips to move around.
We loved the breakfasts served on the terrace in the morning and the "berber whisky" by the sunset! The view is amazing. It feels like one could reach the Atlas mountains with the hand! We took thousands of photos:)
In the evenings we enjoyed the Maroccan dishes at the Riad. Delicious and no worries about the belly issues;)!
If you are planning a stay in Marrakech, this is the place to stay for a good price, in a good location and with great home atmosphere!. You will be well taken care of!
best holidays
katrien & jessy"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

Look no further - This is the place to say - Great Time

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Visited for 6 nights during Dec (over New Year).

Great city to visit (although 6 nights maybe about 2 days too long). Raid/ Hotel is stunning.

5 min walk to main sq (yes really 5 mins)....good breakfast....had two evening meals and they were great (wife really enjoyed them).

Best thing is Damien - a great host and very helpful. No request is too much trouble.

Look forward to going back."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of January 2010

A sancuary in the city...

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I stayed at the Riad Al Ksar in December and was so impressed by everything about it. It was newly opened and not quite complete but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of the stay in any way. The proprieters, Olivier and Damien, were the perfect hosts, and nothing was too much trouble. They made me feel safe and at ease in a city that was new to me and overwhelming at times. Their knowledge of the local area was a great help and they were more than happy to give advice and arrange trips to places of interest, or organise a trip to the local Hammam (as their spa is not ready just yet). As a single woman traveller I felt reassured by their help and advice.
The riad itself is beautiful and in a brilliant location, just round the corner from the Bahia Palace. It is clean. light and airy . The rooms are simply but elegantly furnished with an understated luxury. Crisp white bedlinen imported from France, furniture all handmade locally, contemporary ensuit bathrooms, and best of all, underfloor heating!
The entire building has been completely restored and the attention to detail is amazing. Put simply, Olivier and Damien have aimed for the best. And they've achieved it. It's the perfect refuge from the craziness of the medina, yet in the heart of it all. As I sat in the courtyard, delicious smells wafting through from the kitchen, or later watching the sun set over the city from the roof terrace, I couldn't believe that for once in my life I'd actually struck gold and found the perfect place to stay."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of January 2010

Chill out zone in hectic Marrakech

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We stayed in the Riad Al Ksar for almost a week over New Year. It is a beautiful contemporary designed Riad with simple traditional elements, thoughtfully designed, with attention to detail. We stayed in two rooms during our week, both were rooms large, the beds are truly comfortable with beautiful crisp sheets, and a large bathroom with fab shower. We used the Riad as a base and explored the city, and loved returning to the calm and quite of the Riad. Eating breakfast or just chilling and reading lounging on the sun terrace, the view of the city and the Atlas Mountains on a clear day was wonderful. The staff were really friendly and helpful the owner Damien in particular. We ate one night in the Riad and it was great. The Spa was not open when we visited, but we were shown what it will be like, hamman, massage, pool etc. When this opens this will make the Riad and ever greater chill out zone. Marrakech is a smelly/smokey city at its peak, but when the doors of the riad shut behind you - it is bliss. The small passage down to the riad looks a bit dodgy with a few locals hanging around, kids playing outside, but it is safe. It is a short walk to Jemaa El Fna, turn right along Palis Bahis, that street has some great shops look out for "kasbek' or and even shorter walk to the smaller 'tinsmiths' square with another gem — the cosybar (when you are gagging for a beer)!"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of January 2010

Lovely Riad in the heart of Medina

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We have just come back from staying in Riad Al Ksar for 5 nights, and we had an amazing time. When we arrived Olivier (one of the owners) upgraded us free of charge to one of the suites even though we only booked a double bedroom (due to a misunderstanding with the driver who was supposed to pick us up from the airport but didnt turn up) but with that aside, we still managed to get a taxi as there are so many outside the aiport. The Riad is located in the heart of Medina, just a few minutes from one of the famous palaces Palais Bahia and a few minutes from Jemmaa el Fna Square (where all the souks are) the location couldnt be more ideal. As soon as you enter the Riad you can tell it has been designed and furnshied to a very high standard. It is a world away from the hussle and bussle in the streets of medina. The decor is very morrocan yet very contemporary and it has a bright and airy feel to it. Oliver and Damien were very friendly and helpful during our stay, they made us breakfast in the mornings (fresh orange juice and fresh crepes were our favourites), helped book our excursions to the atlas mountains aand ourika valley and provided us with lots of information useful for any tourist. The Riad is not fully completed (but in no way did this affect our stay), the jacuzzi on the roof terrace is underway... when this is the done the Riad will definately be 5 star . We had a wonderful time, the riad is extremely relaxing, the views from the terrace are amazing especially at sunset and oliver and damien were fantastic hosts. We will definately be back very soon."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of December 2009

Newly refurbished Riad in the old medina of Marrakech

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We stayed in the riad Al Ksar for 4 nights and had a fantastic experience there. The staff were very helpful and kind, they speak English and French. The breakfast was generous and tasty. The room was big, tastefully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing on the terrace which boasts wonderful panoramic views of the medina and the distant Atlas mountain. You can even see storks flying to and from their nests. We had a very relaxing time there, it is a little hidden gem in the middle of a busy city"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of November 2009

Hotels near Al Ksar Riad & Spa

Top traveller tips for Al Ksar Riad & Spa

• lynn53 by lynn53

"confortable junior suite "