About Riad Chbanate

• rooftop terrace
  • hot tub

Amazing stay

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We spent a night in the Berbere room. Great hosts (Daniel & Loulou were just great). Clean, comfortable, perfect spot. Great breakfast. Just PERFECT. Will definitely come back."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010

charming chbanate

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"travelling over 25 years through maroc,visiting many hotels,and riad chbanate i will put on top of my favorit list ! really a nice place to stay !"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of May 2010

Wonderful hosts and great breakfast

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We could not have received a warmer welcome from our extremely helpful hosts. The interior of the Riad is newly renovated and top class. The breakfast was some of the best in Riads in all of Morocco (ask for eggs). The suite has a stunningly romantic bath/shower to enjoy. I have no hesitation to recommend this riad to anyone visiting Essaouira."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

A little gem in Essaouira

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We were very happy to have found this nice place in the lovely village of Essaouira. Being led through the narrow streets of the Medina, you just don't know what to expect. Then behind these big doors, you'll find a heaven of piece. A kind welcome by the friendly French and Spanish owners. The room we had was large, comfortable and clean. The best thing was the shower - I just couldn't get myself out of the big bath tub and from underneath the very nice rain shower.
Breakfast was delicious - fresh juice, warm Moroccan pancakes.
Minor 'minus points': unhandy place to store your clothes; already at day one the owners made it very clear that they wanted to move out of Morocco because they simply didn't like it there - not very mindful to tell that to people who are new to the country for holiday.
Also slight pricey in relation to everything else in Essaouira - 150 Euro per night."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2010

Loved it.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I loved this riad. It has clearly been rennovated to a very high standard. The staff are very warm and welcoming. The room was amazing - clean, comfortable, romantic, full of gorgeous Moroccan furniture. We were in the Hayate Suite - if you can book this room do (the bathroom is lovely with an amazingly huge tub/ shower!).
The breakfast was generous and more than enough to keep you going until lunch. I especially enjoyed treated myself to nutella and crepes each morning! Both the breakfast room and the courtyard are very relaxing, beautiful places to sit in.
This riad is also very convenient being just a few minutes walk from the Supratours bus stop. Essaouria is not a big place so everything is pretty much within walking distance."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of April 2010

Amazing! What more can I say?!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I have just returned from a one week stay at Riad Chbanate and can honestly say that it was everything I had hoped for and more! From the moment I walked through the door, it was impossible to feel anything but tranquil and relaxed. The riad itself was beautiful; very in keeping with traditional Moroccan design/architecture and the whole place was impeccably clean. Our room was light, airy and spacious with air con, mini fridge, towels/toiletries and a HUGE bathtub! The atmosphere was very calm and serene and the owners and staff were extremely charming and helpful. Also a delicious breakfast was served in the morning. I would highly recommend a stay at Riad Chbanate : )"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of April 2010

Lovely riad; warm, welcoming owners and staff

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Situated in the Medina this riad has been recently totally rebuilt by the owner and I think he did a great job. The central courtyard, dining room and sitting room with imposing fireplace are all tastefully done in a simple and calming style. We had a room on the second floor which was large with a big bathroom including huge bath and rose petal toiletries. Everything was very clean. The best fresh coffee or mint tea was available at any time of day and the breakfasts were fresh and delicious. But what really made the stay for us was the lovely owners and staff, we found them very warm and welcoming and proud of the riad. I would definietly stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of April 2010

a good experience

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"we come to Essouira from Marrakech and from a very bed experience in a Marrakech riad
Here we had a completly different stay
good room, very clean, a very good service
Everithing availlable in the room: a very tipic room I suggest everyone to test
Our guest were very proactive and they help us in finding restaurant (even having an internal one)
in few word: e very good hotel with the charm of a tipical riad"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of April 2010

Charming is their middle name

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Gorgeous is the only word to describe this. We just walked in as we passed by which never happend before as the owner told us. I saw another riad and a hotel but both could not coup with this hidden secret. Breakfast was excellent made by the chef with the baked eggs as requested, we kept eating as we did not want to trow all that good food away. Unfortunatly our stomach were alle filled up. Pluspoint, relaxxing bathscrusb, showergels etcetera and spacious good designed room! Love to go back some day."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of February 2010

This place makes you feel like a king

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"You should see the bathrooms "out of this world" the place is just amazing and you get to meet the owner she is very polite and the hospitality is perfect from all the riads in Morocco this is my favorite. A must see."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of January 2010