Notre terrasse

Over-rated

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Stayed here for one night. Sorry but this hotel is over-rated. We stayed in the best suite but when we got there the room's doors and windows were wide open. Not a good thing in essaouira because there were lots of insects and flies in our room on our arrival. The room was also dusty. Although it was cleaned upon our request. Not a fan of the studio style layout. Toilet is effectively next to the the lounge. Nobody to really welcome us and show us around our room and the hotel and what they could offer us. They all seemed to be too busy. There does not appear to be anyone who looks after the place at night. If u dont like pets like me, then its not for u. There was a cat which freely wanders the hotel and the terrace. However, have to say that the view from the terrace is nice but u can probably get this from somewhere like the sofitel, although clearly a different experience. I think the drinks were free but did not like the mint tea or the english tea. I paid 150 euros and was dissapointed after reading all the reviews on trip advisor. Overall, I do not think you need to spend a night in Essaouira. Its nice beach but a day trip from Marrakech is fine in a private tax for 50 quid return."

• Travel date: 5th September 2006

Can't wait to come back

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We booked 8 days at the Madada Mogador on the basis of excellent Trip Advisor reviews - so a big thank you to everyone else for great feedback. This place is an absolute gem. We were lucky enough to book the 'Madada' room which had its own balcony overlooking the bay and absolutely loved it. The views are spectacular and the room was sumptous, stylish and very comfortable. The staff are incredibly efficient and very friendly. As with much of Morocco, brush up your French or take a phrase book as most of the very lovely staff don't speak English - though Christina the owner does if you need help. Breakfast was a real treat - fresh fruit, a huge jug of freshly-squeezed orange juice, yogurt and Moroccan pancakes with syrup, all delivered to your room or on the (fabulous) rooftop terrace when you're ready. Room service paninis were good too. There is a great restaurant Le Cinq, just downstairs and other restaurants to try include Taros and La Licorne. The hotel's location is ideal - near the Medina, the main square as well as the beach and the port. You won't find Madada Magador on any lastminute type websites and will have to pay full price (even when staying 8 days!). However it's worth every penny and is a wonderful place to recover after the craziness of somewhere like Marrakech. Loved it & can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: 24th July 2006

A little oasis of calm and perfect service

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I cannot rate this hotel highly enough! Do not stay anywhere else in Essaouira. Madada has the perfect rooms, is in the perfect location and the staff are wonderfully warm and friendly without being intrusive. Breakfast on the roof terrace is a treat on a morning and is served at whatever time suits you. The terrace is usually quiet during the day and so if your room doesn't have a balcony don't worry. We had a great half ay out on the quad bikes (ask the hotel for their recommendation on which company to go with)! I can also recommend Silvestro (Italian Restaurant) and Taros (which is a little more expensive but does have great views from the roof top bar. Taros roof top terrace is also the only place to get an alcoholic drink without food! It is also worth having a wander along the harbour front where you can pick your own fish and have them cooked for you - don't be afraid to haggle hard for these - you'll get the prices down to about a quarter of what they start at. Essaouira is a really beautiful place and a haven of peace and tranquility either before or after Marrakesh - hope you enjoy it as much as we did!"

• Travel date: 8th May 2006

My Favorite Place In Morocco

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"During my recent stay in Morocco, I stayed at three different hotels/riads. In Marrakech, I stayed at the Riad 72 ($225/night) and the Riad Farnatchi ($450/night) and the Madada Mogador ($150/night). The latter puts the others to shame, mostly due to its fun and friendly atmosphere. We stayed in the suite on the main floor and while its true that the balcony does not offer very worthwhile views, its is still nice to have your own little outdoor space. Our room was very comfortable and the bathtub was big enough to swim in. I can make two dinner recommendations. First of all, I thought Taros was awful and expensive. We went there for lunch and spent $30 on very lousy fare. But La Licorne was fabulous! And an even better option is to get Christine (and adorable pug Rosalie) to cook dinner, special order, for you in the riad. We had osso bucco and pasta and appetizers and it was $15/person. We would have done it every night! Enjoy this fabulous place."

• Travel date: 30th April 2006

Fantastic!

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"I can’t recommend Riad Madada Mogador more. The décor is modern, clean and light. The roof terrace is fantastic with views across the beach and fishing port. It is centrally located and the staff can’t do enough to help. We were sat down, given a warm welcome and a pot of mint tea and told the highs and lows of Essaouria by the owner’s brother. The room was also excellent with a large very comfortable bed and good bathroom. I had a fantastic stay here and thoroughly recommend it to everyone."

• Travel date: 9th April 2006

Stylish and well located but with some reservations

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"On first arrival (albeit up some dodgy stairs!) you can't help but be impressed with the elegant decor that combines traditional Morrocan features with modern European touches. Staff were generally helpful but note that credit card payments carry a 5% surcharge! A few practical details seem to have been overlooked though. We stayed in the suite and had a number of niggles including a bathroom with no stand-up shower facility, a wardrobe so unlit that you couldn't see your clothes and a balcony door that was unable to keep out the rainwater during a heavy downpour. We looked at the non-suite rooms too. They're easily comfortble enough and have proper showers too. If you want a great driver to take you to / from Marrakech you should give Hicham Amtaldi a call (061 17 41 91). A very careful driver with a clean, well kept car. He recommended Hotel Les Matins Bleus but that was on our drive back to Marrakech so we can't vouch for it personally. For dinner - we'd really recommend Taros (both rooftop bar and restaurant) for great food and entertainment. And if you fancy pasta, then Silvestro (Italian run) cooks up some excellent dishes at reasonable prices. They even have a wonderful new coffee machine if you're tiring of mint tea."

• Travel date: 23rd March 2006

Excellent informal well run Majada Mogador

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Excellent informal hotel with caring well trained staff in probably the best location, with a superb terrace overlooking the sea and port. The rooms are suite sized and beautifully decorated and furnished."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2006

A stylish hotel

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This hotel is very stylish and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are great, we stayed in the Assala room which is gorgeous and has a huge bath. I'd definitely recommend staying here - the roof terrace has great views and is an ideal setting to escape the winds and chill for an afternoon. My only criticism, if one, would be that they should add a little variety to the generous breakfasts, as if you're staying for more than a couple of nights they can get a tad monotonous. Advice to travellers would be to pack a pair of earplugs as the noise from the streets below late at night or early morning can get a bit frustrating. However don't let this put you off staying here, I reckon this may be the case everywhere in the Medina. Also recommended: A hamman at Villa Maroc was divine. Dinner at Taros is good for traditional Moroccan fare and Le Cinq was perfect for a special treat."

• Travel date: 7th March 2006

The one place to stay in Essaouira !

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I just came back from a wonderful trip with my fiancée in Morocco and Madada Mogador in Essaouira was probably the highlight of the stay. It is definitively the place to stay in Essaouira. Madada Mogador is a stylish and contemporary riad with and oriental touch that I would definitively recommend to couples or young lovers. We stayed in a nice room, Pacha room, on the beautiful and huge rooftop terrace facing the ocean and had some great time there. Breakfast there is fantastic and what a change coming from snowy Paris to enjoy an outdoor breakfast facing the sea mid-february. The friendly staff was always helpful and organised us a quad-biking tour along the beach and in the dunes. A must do with the horseride! If you wish to spend some time in Essaouira, do not hesitate book at Madada Mogador."

• Travel date: 1st March 2006

Great hotel!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We stayed here for three nights as part of our honeymoon and loved it! It is a relaxed, stylish hotel, at just the right price. The terrace is absolutely lovely, and the staff are helpful yet unobtrusive. I would particularly recommend the two rooms on the roof terrace, as the wind from the sea buffers any noise (which can be present in the rooms on the main floor as people come into the hotel late at night). I'd definitely go back to the Madada and to Essaouira in general!!"

• Travel date: 28th February 2006

Hotels near Madada Mogador

• Our relaxing and sunny terrace
    Riad Chbanate Distance: 572 meters
  • Riad Watier Distance: 416 meters
  • Cozy bed
    Dar Maya Distance: 456 meters

Madada Mogador is also called

• madada mogador essaouira
  • madada mogador hotel essaouira