About Dar Al Bahar

• arabic amenities
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • bottled water
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • horseback riding amenities
  • windsurfing amenities

Dar Al Bahar

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I stayed in the apartment and then returned and stayed in several rooms(I couldn't leave the town!) The staff are fantastic and this is definitely one of the most comfortable places to stay in Essaouira. It soon became my home from home and breakfast on the roof terrace is fantastic.
Heres a viwe from the terrace...straight up"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2008

The views and the quietness

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"This is a great place, tucked away between the tourist buzz and the Mellah. Spotless rooms, hot water (this IS Morocco, right), good service and great seaviews from the terrace. Average price € 60/night/room, cheaper rooms can be found of course, but value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

Very charming!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My boyfriend and I spent three beautiful days at this charming riad. We love it!

It´s very good located only few metres from the main street of the Medina.

We stayed at room Laila the first night. It´s decoarated beautifully. Really good taste. The paintings in the room are amazingly gorgeous. Very clean indeed.

The other two nights we stayed at room Nour. Also very pretty room with ocean views. Waken up with the sound with the seagulls is fantastic!

The staff was very friendly and hepfull. We did not have any problem with communication.

The delicious breakfast is served in the terrace if you wish. The views from there are really impresive too.

I will definetelly stay at this riad again.
Essaouira itself is an amazing town where you can spend days wondering around- medina, port, beach,..."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of November 2007

Ok!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"The inn is good. I like when the promised is equal to seen. Good and full internet information. No any surprises. I had normal room with ocean view and hot water. Yes, the breakfast was too modest but it is not the problem when you're amazed after the magic ocean view. I wanna return to the inn. And beleive me, because I wanna return somewhere not so often."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Awful service - avoid

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"My wife and I just came back from a 10-day visit to Morocco, in which we visited Fes, Meknes, Marrakech, Merzouga, Dades and Todra Gorge, and Essaouiria, and out of 7 different hotels/riads we stayed in, this was the only negative experience, and by far the worst service I've ever received in a hotel. The woman in the reception has a serious attitude problem (let alone not being able to speak almost any English). Right after we arrived we complained we didn't like the room, and after not being allowed any change of room or rate, we were even asked to pay in advance, a first after staying in 5 different places in Morocco, and hundreds around the world. So basically this woman treated us as criminals thinking that we'd just run away and go to another riad (which of course we did next day!).
As for the rooms, they are nice, but we didn't get proper hot water, just lukewarm, so even that was a dissapoinment. There are several other options in Essaouiria (we eneded up in Lunetoile), avoid this one if possible."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

Outstndin location, very nice staff

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We rented the appartment, wich inckudes a little kitchen and
a nice parlor with ocean view. The hotel is right on the ocean
within the walled city (you cannot go to the rocky shore). The
staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The view from the terrace
is outstanding. Celings are low (not so in other rooms) not for
someone over 6 feet. The decorations are beautiful full of nice
paintings and other beautiful objects. The ocean is cold in
essaouira even in august and the beach is often very windy.
The medina (old city) is well resored and people are friendly,
prices are lower than Marakesh."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Essaouira is just lovely. After the madness of Marrakech this little fishing village is a haven. No hard sell and they even have the prices on display! Dar Bahar was the perfect place to enjoy it from too. The sea view room we had was really nice. I'm glad i paid the €10 more to have it. It's in a perfect location too, tho the Medina is so small that nowhere is more than a five minute walk. Met some lovely people over there and we hope to go back there soon. Would definately stay at Dar Bahar again."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

excellent small guesthouse

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"lovely little guesthouse right on the castle walls. We were slightly fearful of a storm but the walls were thick and the double glazed windows stout! lovely well decorated and furnished rooms with extra comfortable bed and great hot shower. good breakfast. really couteous
and helpful staff. great sun terrace for a tan on the rooftop with splendid views. Easy payment by paypal. Good value for money and would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2007

Fabulous!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just arrived back from our trip to Morocco. We were fortunate to discover the fishing port of Eassoiura and the wonderful hotel, Dar Al Bahar. The Hotel is situated within the ramparts of the medina via a warren of streets. On arrival we were given such a warm welcome,which after the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, was just what we needed! The Hotel is beautifully decorated and is exceptionally clean. The walls are adorned with art work from local artists. Our room ,although we didnt have a sea view ,was fabulous! Breakfast on the roof terrace was an absolute pleasure and the views quite remarkable! The staff at the hotel were always friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I look forward to coming back once again next year!! A BIG THANK YOU!!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of January 2007

Lovely little Riad

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We arrived in Essaouira 2 days early and stayed in the Dar Al Bahar as the other Riad we were due to stay in later was fully booked.

The Dar Al Bahar is down a little back street away from the main town and situated right by the ramparts. Its is a lovely little Riad and the staff were all very friendly. It is very tastefully decorated and has a lovely little roof terrace from where you get a great view of the ocean and the the town.

We stayed in Room 7, which is near the top (many narrow stairs to climb) and faced right onto the ocean with the only sounds we could hear being the wind and the sea. Whilst the room was very comfortable it was very small so would not have wanted to have stayed in it for for a long period of time. The shower room was very tastefully decorated and big in comparison to the size of the room.

I believe that some of the other rooms are bigger so if wanting to stay for a period of time I would suggest requesting a big room or the studio.

As there are a lot of narrow stairs I would not have thought this Riad would be particularly suitable for children or anyone with mobility problems."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005