About Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers

• smoking rooms available
  • hot tub

OK for rest of the world, Wonderful for Casablanca

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"You could call this our safe house, more then a hotel. Casablanca is not set up for tourist at all. I had someone walk up and try to rip may camera right out of my hand. The Sheraton is very nice, it is a little dated, but clean and nice beds. The water was a little dirty, and had an smell! The staff was nice, but really robotic and I had to speak very slowly. I did not feel safe in the city at all, but did in my hotel room. If you are going to Casablanca this is a nice place to stay. It was a little pricey at $200.00 a night... Room service pizza was crap!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Good for an overnight stay

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Stayed just one night after touring through Marrakesh, Fes & Meknes.
previously had stayed at riads, so wasn't expecting much - just a place to sleep before catching a flight back to the US. There isn't a
great choice of hotels in Casablanca. The moderate ones have not gotten good reviews, so the main choice is between the Sheraton, Hyatt & Meridien if you're looking for a reasonable level of quality.
Sheraton is a little less expensive than the others, so it made a good choice for a 1 night stopover.

If Casablanca is a destination for you (staying more than 1 night), I
would go for the Hyatt. It looks recently renovated & has tighter security (guards posted at driveway & metal detectors, etc.; at Sheraton, I would just use the main doors that didn't have a metal detector). Don't know if the Hyatt rooms are substantially different,
but the public spaces are MUCH nicer & tons of dining choices (at international prices).

The rooms at the Sheraton are fine. Was in the Tower level: great king bed & all the standard amenities (but missing robes, ironing board). Your standard corporate experience, but not that common in Morocco.

Extensive health club, but the outdoor pool was lined with pigeons using it as a bird bath (around 6 pm). I declined to use the pool...

Service was fine: doorman was great, as was concierge. However, there was a "Guest Services Coordinator" at a desk in the lobby (who appears to have a concierge function) that was worse than useless. She gave incorrect information about trains, as well as the neighborhood (kept on saying that hotel was right in the old medina even though the map she was pointing to clearly showed it several blocks away from the bland neighborhood in which the hotel is situated). Later found the concierge & was happy.

Overall, everything was fine, especially for a night. Probably wouldn't accept it in a city with a competitive hotel market (NY, LA,
SF, Paris), but it's above average for Casblanca....."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Decent quality hotel in the centre of Casablanca

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Sheraton during a business trip to Casablanca in mid April.

First impressions were good. Smart entrance into an atmospheric lobby. Interesting security arrangements whereby even though I set off the metal detector after a split second explanation that I had a mobile phone in my pocket I was waved through. (I assume these are in place following the recent attempted suicide bombings in the city centre)

My room was on the 10th floor. Large and spacious with a well appointed bathroom and very comfortable bed. I travel nearly every week on business and this was the best nights sleep I had in around 6 months! Some of the fixtures and fittings were showing signs of age and little details such as a guest service directory were missing.

Internet access was of a reasonable speed although I was unable to get the wireless internet to work properly. The cable worked first time however.

Food was of an extremely high quality, delivered in almost over-facing quantity! I used room service on several occasions and each time it was promptly delivered and most importantly hot.

I cannot comment on the alternative hotels in Casablanca but believe the Sheraton would be a safe choice - although maybe not if you are on a diet!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"The hotel location is excellent, in the city centre and near to shopping centres, the hotel has a great facilities, staff are so friendly, they have a very good internet access Wireless/LAN, room theme is very cozy, they have different nice outlets, international / moroccan / japanese cousins, it was a good experience for me."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of March 2007

A Shearaton is a Sheraton

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"The Sheraton Casablanca is a very good business and leisure hotel right in the centre of the city. It has a discreet "Morocco touch" despite being part of the Sheraton chain. My room was spacious with very minor signs of ageing, all amenities and room facilities were working without any trouble and made the stay very comfortable. Wireless internet in the room, enough plugs and a reliable telephone make working easy.
The restaurants are of high quality, breakfast choice was very good. The fitness club is great, however, the pool is only open in summer. But they have a wonderfully decorated spa with an oriental sauna, hammam and jaccuzi for 60 DH. Go and enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of February 2007

Round up the usual suspects

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Sheraton Hotel Casablanca

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night in September as part of a bus tour.
Lobby was pleasant and front desk staff were exceptionally helpful.
The room was spacious and the bed one of the most comfortable we encountered in a 2 month trip-a true king size as opposed to 2 twins pushed together.
Bathroom was large and modern. Lots of toiletries and soaps.
We had dinner as part of the tour package it was a very nice buffet, as was the breakfast. The dining room was quite swish.
Unfortunately my husband was ill with the flu, and when the maid came to do the turn down, and found him in bed (I had gone out) she brought him extra towels and tissues and gave him health advice. He would rather have been well, but it gave him a chance to practise his French and he felt a bit cosseted!
Not sure if I will ever get to Casablanca again, but if I did I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here.

I went to Rick’s Café for a couple of drinks with our friends and I loved it. If my husband had been well I would definitely have stayed there for dinner, the menu was interesting and the ambience great. It’s only a 10 minute 7 Dhms cab ride. They play Casablanca on continuous loop-no sound."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of December 2006

Wonderful and Relaxing Hotel

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I had a wonderful time at the Sheraton in Casablanca. I have stayed at the Royal Monsieur as well, and the Sheraton is definatly the better option. The staff is helpful, food tasy and rooms clean."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of November 2006

Superb Sheraton!!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August and had a wonderful time. The rooms were lovely and the staff were really friendly. Staying on the 11th floor meant we had access to a different breakfast area that offered a fantastic choice in a tranquil setting. We had 2 young children with us and staff were always helpful and attentive allowing them to try the mint tea which is always on offer in various locations throughout the hotel. We also dined at the restaurant wich offered delicious moroccan food in an authentic setting. We would definately go back!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

Never again, unhelpful staff, pool area is a joke

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"LOCATION - 3
Hotel is on the same street as many of Casablanca's high end and luxury hotels, in walking distance to the medina an some nice areas of town.
ROOMS - 3
Rooms are standard Sheraton rooms, try to get one of the renovated rooms (depending on floor).
SERVICE - 1
We had big problems with cab drivers cheating on us and pickpockets stealing our mobile phones right out of our hands directly in front of the entrance to the hotel. In both cases the doormen and the security personal did nothing to help us or outright refused to do so on request. The concierge was not very interested in helping us finding a place to eat, either. At least most employees spoke English.
FOOD -2
Breakfast was OK, but be careful not to order mineral water in the club, the only bar open after 1 a.m., it costs 13 €!
FACILITIES - 1
We could not us the pool, which is in the shade most of the day (because it is situated on the 3rd floor of a 20 floor building in the NE of the building) as there were lots of pigeons drinking from the water and polluting the whole area, rather disgusting.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

Proof that Morocco can do "customer service"

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I have stayed in just about every 5 star hotel in Morocco, and bar the Mamounia in Marrakech which I dont consider a business hotel, more of a classic, the Sheraton is the only one that can do customer service. The hotel has changed dramatically since I was last there in 2000. From the genuine welcome from concierge and reception, to the very well appointed rooms, and excellent restuarants, I could not fualt this hotel. What has made this hotel stand out from all the rest is that the management have clearly invested a lot in training their staff how to look after their guests. I stayed on the 12th floor which has its own lounge and breakfast area, which is a really welcome touch, from dining amongst the masses. Interesting views of the harbour and city landscape, and subtly attentive staff who genuinely seem eager to serve.
From a business traveller perspective, this hotel does cater for every need, even down to complimentary pressing service to make you look that bit sharper in the morning.
My only criticism would be that the pool was closed due to the time of the year, and despite them doing an excellent refurb, they could have made the pool an all weather one.

All in all, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006