About Royal Mansour Casablanca

• steam room
  • valet parking amenities

Wished I could stay forever

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Every moment in this hotel was a relaxing wonderful experience. The staff was incredibly helpful and the level of service was very high.

Our room was large, clean and well-appointed. The breakfast buffet was incredible and our dinner in the Moroccan restaurant on the premises was one of the best meals of our trip.

However, the best part of our stay was getting a hamman treatment at the spa (for the reasonable price of ~$30). Had we stayed longer, we would surely have been tempted to have more spa treatments as well!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and hated to leave. I would return to this property (and now any other Le Meridien) in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Comfortable chain hotel, lacking ambience

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Heard great things about this hotel but was a disappointment. Service was cold, at best. Lacked a little on the ambience side. Overall, comfortable western-style hotel, not as luxe as they would have you believe."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

Mixed Review

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"A mixed bag. On the positive side, it is an older hotel with elegant, traditional Moroccan motif; my room (a "superior single") was spacious, clean and with good amenities and a great, superking bed; public areas are very pretty and well maintained; pretty good conference facilities (I was an attendee); good health club, restaurant/bars and breakfast lounge; and staff was very helpful. On the minus side, it is on a very busy avenue in city centre; the plumbing was noisy, awakening me at 4 AM seemingly every time another guest used a faucet, shower or toilet; and my room had an odd, unpleasant odor (albeit faint). Botton line: it has far more character and local flavor than the more modern (but far more sterile; could have been in suburban Chicago) Hyatt and Sheraton. But it has "old hotel" problems. On balance, I would stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

A perticular moment

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"A lovely stay... I must say we had the "Suite Presidentielle".. very nice & very high standard. Could not afford it every day but it was worth doing it. Perfect service
Of course not the same environment and atmosere s in Marrakech (we tried 3 ryads: wonderful - see my comments)... In Casablanca you are back to modernity with its pros and cons....."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

Not deserving of its top rating

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We stayed at the hotel on the last night of our honeymoon as we had an early morning flight out of Casablanca.

I am a Platinum SPG member and I used points to reserve a suite at the hotel. I debated between the Sheraton and the Meridien but thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the Meridien would be nicer.

In a nutshell, this hotel is old, rundown and not well maintained. Our suite was quite large but felt dirty. The bed linens were threadbare. The fluorescent light in the bathroom blinked constantly and the air conditioner was incredibly noisy. The lack of non-smoking areas gives the entire hotel a stale, bad smell.

The breakfast downstairs was okay but it is $26 no matter what you eat. I was a little upset that I paid $26 for a muffin and some toast.

The gym was the nicest thing about the hotel as most of the equipment is new and well maintained but if you want water while you are working out you have to pay several dollars for bottled water - there is nothing else available.

Overall I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel and I wouldn't stay there again unless there was some sort of a massive remodeling."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Ok, but probably better places to stay

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Decent hotel and not as bad as some of the other reviews made it sound to us. We saw no sign of the massive improvement that was supposed to be done this year.

The rooms are smaller and old. The views were not good but I am not sure there is alot to see from this spot in the city. Everything was clean. They served a very nice breakfast each morning that was included in our package.

We picked this hotel because it seemed like it would be more of a traditional hotel rather than staying in a western style hotel. However, for the price, I would choose the Sheraton which is just down the road and appeared much nicer to us."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

A hotel to be avoided at all cost

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Le Royal Mansour after our flight flight to Casablanca arrived late thus missing a connecting flight. We arrived at this hotel at midnight feeling very tired, having travelled for over 7 hours. Night reception desk was very indifferent. We asked if we could have a cup of tea (English ) with lemon, and a pot of coffee with cold milk and hot water, ordered it in English and also in Arabic. this took thirty minutes to arrive, and then it was a pot of tea with Schweppes bitter lemon, and a pot of coffee with a bottle of cold water and a pot of hot milk, three attempts before correct order was produced. Cost 80dirhams.
Then the real nightmare started! We were shown to our room on the 8th floor, quite a pleasant room. But above us was a reception with music and dancing and furniture being moved plus people talking and walking across the room.. At 2.30am we went down to reception to ask how much longer this reception was going on and was told it was finishing!!! at 3.00am we returned to reception and informed them that we had only come to spend a night having some rest before travelling back early the same morning to catch our flight and were finding it impossible to sleep for the noise and insisted that another room was found. At 7.30am we went down for breakfast, quite a poor rendering of a breakfast for the rating of this hotel, but during this meal I was on my way to reception when the Head waiter stopped me to present the bill, this was before I had even finished my breakfast. On leaving the hotel with a bill for £200 for the pleasure of having endured this hotel for just 8 hours and having less than 4 hours sleep, I asked to speak to the General Manager, who very conveniently was at a meeting, so also even more conveniently was the Deputy Manager, but I was assured if I left my telephone number and e-mail address they would contact me!!!!!!!!!! 15 days later I am still awaiting this contact, even after this afternoon once again contacting them and being informed that he was not available but they would get him to call me. I will not hold my breath nor will I ever again stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Royal Mansour Meridien -- a great stay!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We spent one night at the Royal Mansour and thought it was terrific. The concierge in the lobby was extremely helpful, and unlike in a previous review, made our restaurant reservations with no problem.

Our family stayed in two adjoining rooms and both were clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast buffet in the morning was amazing -- a huge selection of delicious food that would do any North American hotel proud.

Although we were eager to move on to Essaouira, we were sorry that we couldn't stay longer at the Royal Mansour!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

When we were in the taxi from the airpor...

Reviewed Sun 11th of February 2007

"When we were in the taxi from the airport to the hotel the taxi driver told us that le Meridien was the best hotel in Casablanca.

I took this as a good sign, though who is to say that he doesn’t wait to hear where you are going and then declare it the best hotel.

The door staff were very attentive, even though their uniform was a bit over the top and wouldn’t have been out of place in a pantomime.

Our room was on the no smoking floor. It was a little tired round the ages but that is being picky. There were some nice touches like rose petals in the toilet.

We are in the restaurant "Jardin d´Hiver" the first night we were there. The food was good but the portions were on the small side for the price. The draught beer in the bar went down a treat.

The bar had a no smoking section but this was not observed by the businessmen in it and the staff didn’t seem to object - they even provided ash trays.

The hotel location suited our purposes; there was a handy corner shop a few doors down. What is left of the old medina was only about 15 minutes walk away.

If I were to return to Casablanca I would consider staying there again, if I could get a good deal."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

Trying very hard to get it right

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"The door staff were very efficient and check in was fine.

The room was a good size with a huge bed which was nice and firm. The view was nothing special - a Best Western hotel and a car park. The bathroom was a bit tired, in fact the grap handle on the bath was broken and fell off. The air conditioning didn't work - just blew out hot air. So we had to open the windows to cool down.

Breakfast was plentiful a good range of European and Moroccan options. The bar was extremely smoky, even in the no smoking area, but the draft flag beer went down a treat. We ate once at the Jardin d'Hiver restaurant. The food was good, but very small portions or the price."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of January 2007

A beautiful destination in Casablanca

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed in Le Meridien Royal Mansour almost every month in 2006 for business purpose. Having been in several hotels in Casablanca before I have to say that this one is the best choice in the city.
Not only the Hotel is beautiful (inside architecture) but the staff is ideally welcoming, even from the first visit. Rooms are spacious, well maintained and facilities are in very good standard. Unfortunately no swimming pool but the traveler can enjoy a high class spa.
Restaurant are delicious, enjoy the morocco style restaurant w/ live music. The Bar was memorable for a World Cup Game where France beat Spain ;-)
My best experience in Morocco, end top three in my worldwide experience."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of November 2006