About Novotel Casablanca City Center Hotel

• currency exchange
  • french amenities
  • telephone
  • soundproof rooms
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • spanish amenities
  • sofa
  • laptop safe

Great Location&renovated, comfortable rooms

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Great location(very close to Casa port, downtown Casa and Rick's Cafe), definitely clean, updated and renovated rooms. Friendly and exacting staff to show their best. What are the negatives? Just a few words for not having fitness room and swimming pool! Apart from the leisure activities, you can't have hot service(omelette, pancake, scrambled egg, fry and so forth) in the breakfast. But I have to confess that food quality was perfect, especially the orange juice!!! Sure, I recommend this hotel..."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of December 2008

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Stayed 2 nights for business. Quick check in, friendly staff.
Bedroom was as I would expect from a Novotel and maybe even a little better. Bright, spacious clean and well equiped - iron, ironing board, good hair dryer...etc

Do ask for a port facing room. I got lucky, my colleague didn't and the view is quite incredible making all the difference to the experience.

We ate both nights in the hotel restaurant which is classy and modern. Both food and prices good"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of November 2008

Nice hotel, slightly unpleasant location

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I stayed here for two nights. The hotel itself is very modern and has a nice new feeling to it (or at least it did in February). My room was clean, reasonably big and comfortable, though it felt a little bit on the sterile/anonymous/business-like side of things.

Some negatives: I booked the hotel via Expedia but when I called the hotel to confirm they could find no record of my reservation. I got expedia to send it again and it was sorted out. Still a bit annoying. I had a room service burger which wasn't great. As with a lot of business hotels these days, internet access was crazily expensive. For the price and size I thought they could have included a gym and/or pool. Nevertheless on the whole I liked the hotel itself.

Perhaps the worst thing about this hotel is the location, near the Casa Port train station. While it's central and convenient for trains to Rabat, and, to be fair, most of Casa's business hotels are also around here, it feels pretty down at heel and possibly slightly dodgy. The worst that happened to me was someone trying to sell me cannabis near the hotel, but I was slightly on edge coming out of the hotel and walking around the area. There's a limit to what they can do as Casablanca is not generally a very nice town, but why they don't put these hotels somewhere more pleasant like Maarif is beyond me."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of October 2008

Basic, modern, and priced right.

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"The Novotel was a good choice for a stopover on our way into and out of Morocco. We were only here a total of 3 nights. Upon check-in we found our room had not been cleaned (toilet had been used, trash in the wastecans, soap used, etc.) but they sent someone up right away to take care of the problem. I would have preferred to change rooms. Room service was fairly average. The bed was comfortable, and we did find it nice to have a restaurant/ bar on the premises. It seemed hip, but vacant. Accommodations were modern, though basic, a nice change from some of the more "adventurous" lodging on our trip. The price was definitely reasonable. The hotel is in a not-so-picturesque part of Casa, so if your goal is to be wowed by scenery, choose another hotel. It is, however, very close to the impressive Mosque Hassan II and the touristy Rick's Cafe. And the best part was being right across from the Casa Port Train station (ONCF) which means one less cab ride you will need to haggle over!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

Modern and well located

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"The hotel is located close to the Port (Casa Port Station) and a street away from the old Medina ! It's a new, modern hotel. Nice decoration. We had a superior room with view on the sea which in fact in the port. But it's clean, large, with a large shower (no bath in the rooms). Nice reception people. Restaurant was very good."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of April 2008

Novotel Casablanca City Center

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"I booked this hotel thru their own websight but upon check in they had absolutely no record of my booking despite the fact that i presented a copy of their confirmation receipt. OK mistakes can happen. What let this hotel down was the attitude to the reception staff seeming to have little care to sort out the situation and make a new reservation on the spot for what was still a vacant hotel. Anyway they did finally decide to book the room as per the confirmation.
If you are comming from the airport and take the train to Casa Voyage station you will then need to find a taxi to the hotel. Come out of the station and turn right, avoid the various taxi touts with their overpriced services. Walk to the Ibis Hotel next door to the station and flag a passing Petit Taxi to the Novotel costing about 10dm or less. More at night. Use the meter or agree price in advance.
The hotel rooms are spacious and decorated like every other Novotel in the world. The Choice of TV channel in the room is incredibly bad.
The Bar and restauarunt areas on the ground floor are very nice.
There is a great local seafood restaurant within 2 mins of hotel called Taverne du Dauphin. It is very well priced, popular and great local seafood. Also near by take the road to the port oppiste the local station there are 2 more very good seafood restaurants always popular and full. And of course there is the Hotels own restaurant at a slightly pricier option but great decor.
The area around the hotel seemed safe and busy day and night."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

good hotel

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I like the deco of this new hotel. Rooms are clean and staff at the reception were friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

It's good

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We chose this hotel as we wanted to stay somewhere close to the mosque on our last night of the trip as we only had a morning to see the sight.

Location: right by Casa Port and across the street from the famour restaurant Tavern du Dauphin (which we had an enjoyable dinner there). We took a cab from Casa V, (less than 10 min) cost about 9dh (metered). The mosque is about 20 min walk from the hotel. In the morning there was no traffic so it was nice to walk and gave us a chance to see the area.

The hotel is brand new - staff is friendly and helpful and some speak English so communication is not a problem if you don't speak French. Tight security - many guards at the entrance. All the facilities/amenities you would expect from Ibis/Novotel in any European cities. Good strong hot shower (something you learn to appreciate after a few days in Morocco).

Food; We had lunch there before we headed to the airport and it was good. The price was reasonable compared to the other hotels/restaurants down the road.

Highly recommend this hotel if you are only in Casablanca for a night and would like to be close to the mosque."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

Good value for money

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"The hotel is brand new and looked more like a 5 star than a 4 star hotel. Rooms were spacious, bed and pillows were very comfortable and well decorated. My room had a city view but dont expect to see something interesting. Casablanca is an ugly city. Minus is that there was no bathtub but didnt mind since I always shower. Breakfast was excellent. I give this hotel 4 stars instead of 5 because there is no internet at all. Since I am business traveller this was someting important for me but I couldnt imagine that the only way to go online was through dialup!!!.
If they correct this they sure deserve 5 stars."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

Escape

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"A good place to stay in Casablanca. Comfortable, "European" and modern. Good restaurant but unfortunately no Spa/Wellness."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of November 2007