Good

Dour no frills establishment but okay standards

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Modern functional zero frills dour hotel lacking in style. The hotel consists of a small conceirge area, breakfast room plus the bedrooms. Its recreation facilities are nonexistent and its decor is very bland and designed to be just functional. Central location, clean rooms. Staff are fine but certainly not outstanding. In view of its high rating by previous reviewers I was expecting a lot more. Rooms are modern and clean. No frills breakfast was fine. Price okay but do not expect any hotel atmosphere, buzz or style. No more than a good no frills establishment."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

Hotel OK, location not so great

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Spent 3 nights mid-Dec 07. Room was very large (got the biggest suite), but had no mini-bar nor safe box. Staff was very kind, but was not able to provide a hair drier. We found the location kinda dangerous at night. Did not seem like a safe place to walk around after 7pm. If you look for a more quiet location, pick a hotel closer to the coast, as they are some nice restaurants, night clubs & restaurants there."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

Great Place

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel back in October largely on the reviews from the other folks here, and I just want to echo what others have said. We spent New Years here and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was incredibly helpful (from the pick up at the airport to getting around the city), the rooms clean and neat. Location was great too. If you're visiting Casablanca, the Maamoura beats any of the big hotels for charm, hospitality, and convenience. Incredible value. We're already planning our return trip next year. It was that good."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

Loved Hotel Maamoura!!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The hotel is very clean and well decorated. But, the best thing about the hotel (as everyone else has mentioned) is the staff. We were 2 girls traveling alone and they took the time to help us find a place for dinner and then even drove us there! It was the best food ( and cous-cous) that we had on our whole trip to Morocco! Everyone went out of thier way to make our stay great! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay somewhere great in Casa!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of December 2007

nice hotel, great peoples

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I stayed two nights in this hotel on november 28th and 29th of 2007. It was an excellent hotel with superior customer service and the manager personally made sure that the guest was happy, he even treated me with cus cus lunch on friday. I would like to say thank you to the manager, Mr. Muburak, a very nice and friendly man. I would highly reccomend for anyone to stay in this hotel while visiting casablanca, you cannot find a better price and nice hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of December 2007

Wonderful stay in every way!

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Staying at the Hotel Maamoura was an absolutely wonderful experience. I have never encountered staff at a hotel who were more cheerful, polite and helpful. From the cleaning staff to the desk clerks to the airport pick-up - everyone was extremely friendly and accomodating. But a rave review of this hotel can't be had without mentioning Mobarak, the owner. He literally treated us like family from the moment we stepped in the door and bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and happy during our entire stay. The hotel was centrally located (but on a peaceful street), the room we had was spacious and clean, the breakast was light but delicious, and the price was more than reasonable. I was so grateful to have found this jewel through the other tripadvisor comments ... and am pleased to add my own on here. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of December 2007

Would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We found Hotel Maamoura via tripadvisor and can only confirm all the good reviews. Clean, spacious rooms, good location, very reasonable price and most important: perfect and more than friendly and efficient service! Special thanks for the late night "airport rescue activity", which was very much appreciated! We would definitely stay there again and can only recommend everyone else to do so!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of November 2007

Hotel Maamoura

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"The hotel was a refuge after a long day in Barcelona then flying through to Casablanca. The hotel arranged a pick up from the airport too. There was a slight mix up with our rooms when 2 rooms for 3 people became 1 room with 3 beds but we were all family and tired. My 71yo mom was safe and even headed on down to breakfast by herself. Good location, clean and comfortable."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of November 2007

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed in Hotel Maamoura from August 27-30, 2007. It had been open for 4 months. The hotel is impeccably clean and the staff is extremely polite and accomodating. The rooms are a perfect size. I cannot say enough good things about this place! We arrived late, tired, and hungry, on the 27th. The hotel manager, Mobarak, walked us around the corner to Restaurant Terrazzo, where we had a great meal. The next day, Mobarak drove us over to Hassan II Mosque. Hotel Maamoura is building a restaurant next to their lobby, and also has plans for a fitness center in the basement. Hotel Maamoura is located within walking distance to many restaurants(and Stella Ice Cream). You will not be disappointed!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of November 2007

Could not have asked for more

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I just returned from a weekend in Casablanca with 5 other travelers. The Maamoura was fantastic. The rooms were very clean and spacious- we were on the 5th floor with a balcony. Beds were extremely comfortable and they have regular American pillows available (as opposed to the long, sausage-like Euro pillows). Light breakfast is available and free wireless in the lobby. Would return there again."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of November 2007