Exterior view

• soundproof rooms
  • street parking amenities
  • kids stay free
  • allergy free room
  • paid private parking nearby

well...

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"The hotel is very well located and the people are eager to please. However, I did not find the housemaids very efficient and they came into the room twice without knocking. There is no room service."

• Travel date: 7th April 2009

Good views - convenient location

Reviewed 8th February 2013

"We stayed here on recommendation of a friend who also stayed here. The location is very very convenient esp. if you're coming from the airport - it's just a short walk away from the train station. It's also a walkable distance from the happening part of the city if you want to go around and explore. We didn't really need to take any taxis except when we had to go to the Hassan II mosque. As expected, it had the typical Ibis standards but the price is slightly more than the other Ibis (Casa Voyageur). I can say, though, that it was worth it."

• Travel date: 29th January 2009

stay somewher else

Reviewed 7th February 2013

"Although this hotel is fairly new, it is showing its wear. The service is terrible. If you speak English you are ignored. Stay at the Novotel next door. It is a little more money but MUCH nicer. The location is as good as any hotel in the city."

• Travel date: 21st November 2008

Terrible Service!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I agree that the hotel has modern amenities and is comparably newer. HOWEVER their service was consistently terrible when we (a tour group) were there. For one, we were given a room which reeked of cigarettes. When we asked for a room change, the staff said ok but that we had to wait. After 30 minutes of waiting, we informed the desk that we would go out for lunch and would stop by the new room keys after. We returned to find that the front desk staff had a shift change and none of them were informed of my request (or acted like they were hearing about it for the first time). They then said no rooms were available and that they could not act on our request as they didn't have the names! This was completely perplexing since I could obviously give my name!!! Anyway, after 5 minutes of scrounging around for the list of names of our tour group, they told me to just ask one of my companions if we could switch rooms! Obviously this was unacceptable and I asked to speak to the manager. They called the manager who immediately assured me that a replacement room will be ready in 5 minutes. When I told the staff what I was promised, they made faces - obviously displeased that their manager was trying to satisfy a guest. I waited 10 -15 minutes before I followed up. They told me the room was not ready and "had no idea when it would be ready"!!!! At dinner, the waiters did not have change and again made faces at the customers who had large bills. They seemed to systematically short-change us saying they did not have coins. They were also rushing us to finish our meals, pulling off our plates without asking. I heard from other members of our tour group that when asked for extra towels - they had to argue for more than 10 minutes - I'm sure that there was no language barrier there as that guest spoke French fluently. The management needs to retrain their staff or impress upon them the value of good service. I would trade new facilities for DECENT service any time. Our experience made us want to leave Casablanca immediately - which we did. Tour groups should not book their guests there! Also, internet access is EXHORBITANT! 88 dirhams for an hour per computer. One time, a guest was willing to pay but the front desk lost the password! If I could rate this hotel a zero - I would!"

• Travel date: 11th November 2008

Good location and nice view

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Just returned so here are the impressions: -from the aeroport you should ask the driver to get you to Ibis Mousaffir City Center wich is opposite to the Casa Port and next to Novotel because there is other Ibis Moussafir in other part of the town. -from the reservation we asked for un upper floor and they gave us on the 15-th floor wich was very nice due to spectacular view over the port and Hassan Mosque. -room tipical to Ibis standards (small), clean, but unpleasant smell from the carpet. OK windows, not a single noise from the hustle port and train station; super comfortable bed, pillow. -breakfast buffet with ham, cheese, juice, coffee, croissants, boilled egs. Nice restaurant, modern. - good location, near to medina, rent a car office, banks, we even get on foot to the Hassan II Mosque. -staff helpful, they offer us a copy town map and we used it during our 4 day stay; on the tourist information map they did not have maps.... Casablanca is an industrial town, a lot of smog from old cars and mopeds. In 3 days you can see all is to be seen (Hassan II Mosque, 2 Medina, Sacre Coeur, Square Mohammed V. Traffic is a jam and the taxi is shared between 4 up to 7 persons. I have to say with regret that the old medina is the dirtyest and bad smelling medinas that ever visited. Also the film was not shoot in Morroco (was shoot in Holywood) so Rick's Caffe is a new restaurant."

• Travel date: 17th October 2008

Just the right hotel at the right place

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Located between the old medina and the port (and it's train station), this newly built Ibis hotel is very well located. there is plenty of restaurant around (some on the port are very good) ! rooms are simple, well equiped with flat TV and Internet access. I found it very quiet and I will come back."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2008

Nice hotel but did not rate the city!

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"We were due to stay here for a few nights but cut it short as we found Casablanca nothing to write home about! The hotel however was lovely and just as well as we ended up spending a fair bit of time in it! It was very modern and our room was new, clean and spacious. We enjoyed breakfast very much, great choice. Staff were always very helpful and the room was cleaned to a very high standard each day."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2008

Bad hotel in Casablanca

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We were given a "double" room--which meant two twin beds shoved together, with a barely navigable perimeter of 12 inches around the beds. That was the whole room! One towel, and a microscopic bar of soap--for two people. The carpet was disgusting--my damp feet turned black after walking on the carpet after the shower. The whole hotel smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Really poor value! We asked them to fix the AC and no one came. We asked for more towels--no one came. Glad we only had one night there before heading to Marrakech!"

• Travel date: 29th July 2008

Very disapointed

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"We stayed in other Ibis in Marrocco, and in general we were very satisfied, but Casablanca was the exception that confirms the rule. Our room was very old. The floor carpet was dirty and broken, the walls had a similar aspect. The worst were all the cockroaches running all over, even in our suitcase! But the worst happened few seconds after taking a shower, when the glass lamp over the shower felt on the shower plate breaking in many pieces... i could have heart myself very seriously!!! And the reaction from the man on the reception was unbelievable: he ignored us, treating us as if we had no reason to complain and being totally respectless and not polite at all."

• Travel date: 28th July 2008

Good value for money

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I stayed here for 2 nights (19th & 20th April) together with my sis. We got a room on the 12th floor, overlooking the port and we could also see the Casa Voyageurs train station. It is also within walking distance to the CTM bus station. The room, though not huge, is comfortable. As it is a new hotel, everything is still perfect and nice. The bathroom is clean and has a modern look to it. So is the overall deco of the hotel, with orange walls it gives a warm feeling to the room. Breakfast is not included in the rates though. Overall a good value for money."

• Travel date: 13th May 2008

Just Great!

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Great Hotel! Brand new skyscraper (17. floors). Flat TV in room with french/german/english/italian channels, very confortable beds! Breakfast is very very good. Nice big tables and free newspapers in the lobby/bar/restaurant area. Just oposite Casa Port train station and 2 minutes on food from the main square. Highly recomended!"

• Travel date: 26th March 2008